+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
Hi All,

My AOR is may 2020.

My newborn was added on 1st Apr finally and it is reflecting on my profile also. My revised medicals, PCC and Schedule A has also been received by IRCC.

How long will it now take to get a PPR?
did you do upfront medicals for the newborn or did they send you a medical request for him?

Q2_2020_PR_Applicant

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
I had done upfront.. and uploaded it along with rest of his documents and mentioned it in LOE
Hope this article will give you guys some hope. I'm just not so sure if 2020 CEC applicants are considered in the backlog they mentioned there.

https://www.cicnews.com/2022/03/express-entry-ircc-aims-to-resume-fswp-and-cec-invitations-this-spring-0323664.html#gs.vtp0av

In the article, it says:

"There are 10,400 CEC persons left to be processed, as of March 15. In 42 days, IRCC was able to process 4,751 CEC applicants. At this rate, IRCC could reduce the current backlog this spring."

I also noticed my BOWP application was updated today.
From "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility." to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

renefx

Jan 11, 2021
PNP - OINP

16/05/2020 - AOR
07/04/2022 - Received RFV
Details in my signature

If I could give you two tips:
  • Try to do everything upfront (PCC, Schedule A, Medicals), if you can and if it's not going to be expensive for you - I could have taken the medical exams with my child and I even thought about it, but I decided to wait. IRCC ended up asking me anyway. Same goes for me waiting for them to ask for my daughters medical and passport which were expired and I could have provided them upfront.
  • Always send a webform and emails to your VO. I ended up doing this only at the last moment, don't do the same as me. Webforms are taking an absurd amount of time to get read - two months I think it was the case for some that I have submitted. Even though the VO might not answer the email, they might add the docs to your application.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
PNP - OINP

16/05/2020 - AOR
07/04/2022 - Received RFV
Details in my signature

If I could give you two tips:
  • Try to do everything upfront (PCC, Schedule A, Medicals), if you can and if it's not going to be expensive for you - I could have taken the medical exams with my child and I even thought about it, but I decided to wait. IRCC ended up asking me anyway. Same goes for me waiting for them to ask for my daughters medical and passport which were expired and I could have provided them upfront.
  • Always send a webform and emails to your VO. I ended up doing this only at the last moment, don't do the same as me. Webforms are taking an absurd amount of time to get read - two months I think it was the case for some that I have submitted. Even though the VO might not answer the email, they might add the docs to your application.
Congrats! Which email address do you send emails to? Is there a place where the email address of visa offices can be looked up?

RCS30

Jun 2, 2020
PPR.....!!!
COR:India
PA+1
- ITA : March 2020
- AOR: 30 May 2020
- Medicals: May 2020
- Biometrics: March 2021
- Letter to do re-med: 03rd March 2022
- ADR ( PCC's, Schedule A, POF): 8th March 2022
- Re-med: March 21st 2022
- ADR Submitted on 05th April 2022
- RFV: April 11th 2022
- VO: Ottawa

Reactions: Maulakh

Maulakh

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
PPR.....!!!
COR:India
PA+1
- ITA : March 2020
- AOR: 30 May 2020
- Medicals: May 2020
- Biometrics: March 2021
- Letter to do re-med: 03rd March 2022
- ADR ( PCC's, Schedule A, POF): 8th March 2022
- Re-med: March 21st 2022
- ADR Submitted on 05th April 2022
- RFV: April 11th 2022
- VO: Ottawa
Congratulations! Hope i am next.

pri91

Feb 14, 2020
Hi Folks,

I received my COPR last week and also I am the Primary applicant and I am one month pregnant. My COPR expiry date is March 2023.

1) Wanted to check can I (primary applicant) and my spouse do a soft landing. We can request our PR cards and I can come back to my home country within a month and he can stay over till PR card is issued find job, accommodation etc.

2) In this case I will be in my home country when the baby is born, what is process to add the Baby in the application for PR so that the baby can come with us to Canada.

3) is there an issue if my husband( dependent) stays over there until we receive our PR card and come back to home country when the baby is born

4) we will plan to travel after 6 months of the baby is born

Sorry for such big questions - is there anyone who has been in a similar situation

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi Folks,

I received my COPR last week and also I am the Primary applicant and I am one month pregnant. My COPR expiry date is March 2023.

1) Wanted to check can I (primary applicant) and my spouse do a soft landing. We can request our PR cards and I can come back to my home country within a month and he can stay over till PR card is issued find job, accommodation etc.

2) In this case I will be in my home country when the baby is born, what is process to add the Baby in the application for PR so that the baby can come with us to Canada.

3) is there an issue if my husband( dependent) stays over there until we receive our PR card and come back to home country when the baby is born

4) we will plan to travel after 6 months of the baby is born

Sorry for such big questions - is there anyone who has been in a similar situation
Just need to point out a few things. You and your dependent/spouse needs to land before the COPR expiry.
If you have a local address in Canada (a friend), you can apply for PR cards and you could leave (soft landing) or not. The cards could be mailed/brought back to you by husband/friend whoever you choose.

If your baby is born after you landed, you cannot JUST add him in the application. Please read up on discussion about sponsoring dependents. One of you need to be physically living in Canada to sponsor the child.

The child will need TRV to travel to Canada if both of you wanted to go to Canada 6 months from the baby's born. The sponsorship process could be months or some a year. It depends on how fast the procces are reviewed and approved in 2023/2024.

TRV may also take months to process (depending on VO).

Some province do not have healthcare coverage for the child until the child has PR status. You need to get temp/travel health insurance for the child if you get TRV and choose to wait in Canada for the process.

IMO ... the easiest way is to land and stay in Canada and give birth there so family do not need to stay apart.
But I know it's your personal choice.