+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>MAY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

s.simhad

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
Not a good idea to go to qubec when applying for federal express entry. If you are intending to stay in quebec they will reject your application.
Even if it's temporary as in contractual position, will it be a problem? And even after eligibility and security pass, will it be a problem?

asdfghj

Aug 29, 2019
Even if it's temporary as in contractual position, will it be a problem? And even after eligibility and security pass, will it be a problem?
I am sorry I am not sure about it but as par my info when they will grant you PR you should intend to live outside quebec...I relocated from Montreal to Toronto for same and I had to give proof of intention to live outside quebec...lets wait for others experts to comment.

Reactions: s.simhad

rizzipir

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Not a good idea to go to qubec when applying for federal express entry. If you are intending to stay in quebec they will reject your application.
Nope thats not true. Quebec has their own immigration does not mean other PR holder or Canadian can not stay or relocate there. Quebec is an integral part of Canada and it has some special rights to preserve its culture and heritage so do not create confusion. Its not a sperate country it just a province with some privilege. So even if u applied or want to apply to federal program while residing in Quebec u can do that. But if you wan to go through their provincial programs u can opt for that. The Quebec immigration sites clearly states
"Submit an application for permanent residence to the Government of Canada".

Last edited:

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
After approval of PR, you can stay whereever you want. But one has no privilege of PRs when application is under process. After getting PR if you move to Quebec thats okey but there will be trouble when you try to sponsor your parents from Quebec. They have their own immigration programs for a reason

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
After approval of PR, you can stay whereever you want. But one has no privilege of PRs when application is under process. After getting PR if you move to Quebec thats okey but there will be trouble when you try to sponsor your parents from Quebec. They have their own immigration programs for a reason
If you are a FSW you can move to any part of Canada after landing. And if you re living in QC, there is no problem in sponsoring your parents. See https://bit.ly/2C7NITi

Reactions: asdfghj

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
Check individual cases, you will find thousands of cases where application got rejected and/or delayed for moving to Quebec after just getting PR. Its not about can you move to other province after getting PNP sponsored PR, its about Should you move to another province after getting PNP sponsored PR. There's always a safety net for everything and one should not go out when something important like PR application can be jeopardized. That's my point and opinion.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Check individual cases, you will find thousands of cases where application got rejected and/or delayed for moving to Quebec after just getting PR. Its not about can you move to other province after getting PNP sponsored PR, its about Should you move to another province after getting PNP sponsored PR. There's always a safety net for everything and one should not go out when something important like PR application can be jeopardized. That's my point and opinion.
Can you point the law or a case, or even a case where the application got rejected. Instead of giving unverified information, please do some research. After landing as a PR, you get constitutional rights and one such rights is "mobility right."

One of the many rights a PR would get is called the “Mobility Right.” Section 6 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, which is the same as the fundamental rights or bill of rights in other countries states:

6. (1) Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada.
(2) Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right
a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and
b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.
(3) The rights specified in subsection (2) are subject to
a) any laws or practices of general application in force in a province other than those that discriminate among persons primarily on the basis of province of present or previous residence; and
b) any laws providing for reasonable residency requirements as a qualification for the receipt of publicly provided social services.
(4) Subsections (2) and (3) do not preclude any law, program or activity that has as its object the amelioration in a province of conditions of individuals in that province who are socially or economically disadvantaged if the rate of employment in that province is below the rate of employment in Canada.
If you talk about individual cases, I landed in Canada as a PR in 2016 under the FSW. 3 days after landing I moved to Quebec and lived in Montreal for 3 years. I had QC health card, Driver's license and paid QC taxes.

Can you point to any case where someone's PR was revoked for moving to QC?

Read the law and not anecdotal evidence. Also, under the Immigration Law, you cannot immigrate to QC unless you have a QC PNP nomination. However, after you become a PR, you can live anywhere in Canada, including QC.

IF you became a PR under PNP, then you have to live in the nominating province. You can read more on it here, https://bit.ly/2C7NITi

Last edited:
Reactions: s.simhad

s.simhad

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
Thank you everyone for your feedback. So if I start the job from October 2020 in Montreal, it should not be a problem right? All my previous and current record of address and taxes paid shows Toronto. And by next month I should have my eligibility passed(hopefully as my AOR is May 30). The only thing that I might be waiting for would be bio-metrics. So in this case should I go ahead with the move to Montreal?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you everyone for your feedback. So if I start the job from October 2020 in Montreal, it should not be a problem right? All my previous and current record of address and taxes paid shows Toronto. And by next month I should have my eligibility passed(hopefully as my AOR is May 30). The only thing that I might be waiting for would be bio-metrics. So in this case should I go ahead with the move to Montreal?
No, you cannot move to QC unless you become a PR or have a QC nomination. If you move to QC as a FSW applicant then your intention to reside in QC is there and it will make you ineligible. However, if your PR is approved and you receive the COPR, before you start you job, and you can move to any part of the country.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Also, you can read this case for more details http://canlii.ca/t/gn7xb

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
Can you point the law or a case, or even a case where the application got rejected. Instead of giving unverified information, please do some research. After landing as a PR, you get constitutional rights and one such rights is "mobility right."

One of the many rights a PR would get is called the “Mobility Right.” Section 6 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, which is the same as the fundamental rights or bill of rights in other countries states:

If you talk about individual cases, I landed in Canada as a PR in 2016 under the FSW. 3 days after landing I moved to Quebec and lived in Montreal for 3 years. I had QC health card, Driver's license and paid QC taxes.

Can you point to any case where someone's PR was revoked for moving to QC?

Read the law and not anecdotal evidence. Also, under the Immigration Law, you cannot immigrate to QC unless you have a QC PNP nomination. However, after you become a PR, you can live anywhere in Canada, including QC.

IF you became a PR under PNP, then you have to live in the nominating province. You can read more on it here, https://bit.ly/2C7NITi
Please have healthy discussion dear, you pretend as if you are teacher in private tution class. And yes as a PR we get mobility rights but his PR application is under process. And he agreed on PR application that he has intention of living outside the province of Quebec. So rather than calling my information unverified get you facts first. When you say something on application and you do exactly opposite of that with excuses of your rights given AFTER APPROVAL OF PR.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Please have healthy discussion dear, you pretend as if you are teacher in private tution class. And yes as a PR we get mobility rights but his PR application is under process. And he agreed on PR application that he has intention of living outside the province of Quebec. So rather than calling my information unverified get you facts first. When you say something on application and you do exactly opposite of that with excuses of your rights given AFTER APPROVAL OF PR.
Read the thread above. Instead of fear mongering by making unverified claims and statements, without giving any sources for your info, and calling others who provide verifiable sources not having healthy discussion is a bunch of baloney.

Your first statement stated:

"Check individual cases, you will find thousands of cases where application got rejected and/or delayed for moving to Quebec after just getting PR."

Where is the source for this? My facts and sources are accurate and maybe it's you who needs to read carefully.

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
Read the thread above. Instead of fear mongering by making unverified claims and statements, without giving any sources for your info, and calling others who provide verifiable sources not having healthy discussion is a bunch of baloney.

Your first statement stated:

"Check individual cases, you will find thousands of cases where application got rejected and/or delayed for moving to Quebec after just getting PR."

Where is the source for this? My facts and sources are accurate and maybe it's you who needs to read carefully.
Not all cases are here on this forum and public forum. You will write these big paragraps but would not answer simple question.

1)When his application is under process how can you quote rights of mobility of PR on his case ???
2)Why it is a good idea to move to the province for which one has clearly agreed on application that he/she has no intention to live in that province.

Your advise can jeopardize someone's PR application and my so called fear mongering is actually a smart advise especially when PR application is under process.

And do not selectively quote me, I also mentioned that its not about Can You move. It is about should you move. It is about someone's entire career that relies on PR application and you're clearly saying that its okey to move to Quebec after stating on your application about no intention to live in Quebec because after PR you will be given those rights. What a joke

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Not all cases are here on this forum and public forum. You will write thiese big paragraps but would not answer simple question.

1)When his application is under process how can you quote rights of mobility of PR on his case ???
2)Why it is a good idea to move to the province for which one has clearly agreed on application that he/she has no intention to live in that province.

Your advise can jeopardize someone's PR application and my so called fear mongering is actually a smart advise especially when PR application is under process.

And do not selectively quote me, I also mentioned that its not about Can You move. It is about should you move. It is about someone's entire career that relies on PR application and you're clearly saying that its okey to move to Quebec after stating on your application about no intention to live in Quebec because after PR you will be given those rights. What a joke
My response was to you and not to OP.

My response to OP is in the above posts for your leisure reading.

#521 , #526 , and #525 which are self explanatory, with sources and links.

The long paragraphs are I am quoting, are the Constitution of Canada, and it's the law of the land. And I am not selectively quoting you. Your first statement made a blanket claim. Not you can argue to eternity, it won't change that your statement was wrong.

Also, as a person who is on a TRV in Canada, can work in any part of Canada, including QC. However, if the PR application is pending, to which an applicant applied as a FSW, then he has to have an intention to settle in Canada, other than QC.

"75. (1) For the purposes of subsection 12(2) of the Act, the federal skilled worker class is hereby prescribed as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec."

Further, the courts have held, "[t]he assessment of intention, since it is a highly subjective notion, may take into account all indicia, including past conduct, present circumstances, and future plans, as best as can be ascertained from the available evidence and context." Since OP has stated that his intention to move to QC is to take a temp job.

What you call a smart advice, is devoid of the what law states. Also in current times when getting a job is difficult, asking some to just forgo an opportunity, when the law states that it can be done, doesn't seem to be that smart.

As long as the OP can provide his intention to reside in Canada, other than QC, there is no issue. And there are many federal court cases that have laid the law and the threshold of evidence required.

Law is not about assumptions, should you, could you. It's about definitive answers.

I have also posted a case from the federal law, which details the law and how intention is looked into, as interpreted by the court, not assumptions.

If you would only read.

As always, this is a public forum. Everyone is free to give their opinion, whether it be devoid of what the law states. It is for the OP to do what is best for his application or seek independent legal advise.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ya222