+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Update ish- we emailed LVO and told them that the PA is already in Canada on a visitor visa. They replied saying the application is almost done and will be forwarded to a Canadian office, and they'll contact us in the coming weeks to schedule a landing appointment.
So I guess that's good news although I'm sure there's a long wait for landing appointments.
Anyone know if flag-poling is even an option these days?
Landing appointments, which is a normal part of the inland application are now being done over the phone. Flag poling is not allowed at this time due covid. Maybe procedures are changed due to covid, I am sure you find out the whole story when they contact you for the interview

dmurrman

Dec 5, 2018
Thanks for the tips folks. We just called Coutts Alberta, they said we can flagpole for PR there apparently 24 hours a day. I'll definitely try confirm that again when the time comes, or hopefully when they call we can sort it out over the phone. Thanks again all

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Update ish- we emailed LVO and told them that the PA is already in Canada on a visitor visa. They replied saying the application is almost done and will be forwarded to a Canadian office, and they'll contact us in the coming weeks to schedule a landing appointment.
So I guess that's good news although I'm sure there's a long wait for landing appointments.
Anyone know if flag-poling is even an option these days?
In a case or two here, outland applicants already in Canada have received all the docs directly in Canada, ie without flagpoling. So when they say landing appointment, they may mean that approach.

Mar 26, 2020
Hi all
I have a question. I applied for an Outland sponsorship and I came to visit my husband is May but due to Covid I have been stuck here in Canada. My visiting visa is coming to an end soon. I am afraid to travel back because of Covid and would rather avoid travelling atm. What’s the best way to approach this. I wanted to extend my stay but I am confused and not sure if I’m allowed to extend whilst in the process of my Outland sponsorship.
I hope you guys can help!

dmurrman

Dec 5, 2018
Hi all
I have a question. I applied for an Outland sponsorship and I came to visit my husband is May but due to Covid I have been stuck here in Canada. My visiting visa is coming to an end soon. I am afraid to travel back because of Covid and would rather avoid travelling atm. What’s the best way to approach this. I wanted to extend my stay but I am confused and not sure if I’m allowed to extend whilst in the process of my Outland sponsorship.
Definitely extend your stay. My PA did twice, she's been in Canada on a visitors visa for 13months. also make sure to inform the visa office that you're in Canada, it'll make things go quicker. At least that's what they told me.

Reactions: StellaArtois

Momo332

Oct 17, 2019
Hello Everyone
My GC key account is been updated to Final Decision "Final decision - August, 2020:Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
I also see a "Counterfoil Document" issued as well

I wish everyone a good luck and May Allah help with everyone cases that are pending
Thank you very much Man and congratulation, which vo please

sai_chaitanya2001

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Hi all
Hi,
Can you please let us know how did you manage to get visitor visa while outland is in process? Everyone says visitor visa would be rejected when outland is in process because of dual intent. Also, it is difficult to show ties to home country when spouse is in canada.

sai_chaitanya2001

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
I have my spouse with me in Canada on a visitor visa, has been here for 12 months, applied for yet another extension. Fascinating how this man made virus has ruined so many lives, we're just pawns.
How did your spouse manage to get a visitor visa while outland is in process? They say visitor visa will be rejected because of dual intent. Also, its difficult to show ties when spouse is in Canada.

dmurrman

Dec 5, 2018
How did your spouse manage to get a visitor visa while outland is in process? They say visitor visa will be rejected because of dual intent. Also, its difficult to show ties when spouse is in Canada.
She got on a plane and landed here and told the border dude she wants to stay for 6 months under dual intent. Then when 5 months passed, she went on the immigration site and applied to extend the visitor visa. Dual intent made it easier, because it shows that the PA is on the verge of becoming a permanent resident. Costs 100 bucks. Then covid came about a week after the "decision made", and she had to extend it again this July. They haven't gotten back to us yet on this latest extension, but she is legally allowed to stay until they give us an answer. It's likely her COPR will happen before her visitor visa is sorted.

bij4

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I made it!!! Got the COPR on August 6 and hoped on a plane the next day. Everything went smoothly at the customs. All bags made it through.

I am now sitting at my home in CA and quarantining for the next 14 days. May God help you and your spouses. Feel free to ask me any travel related questions, I’ll try to answer as much as I experienced and learned.
Hey Congrats, Do you need to show a quarantine plan when you land here in Canada. Is there any specific document you nees to show? Thanks in advance

Reactions: veeru_28_j

HelenJ

Mar 28, 2019
Hello! Any applicant from Manila Philippines here? Any update on your application? I am already PPR but I can't send my passport as the Manila and Cebu visa offices haven't resumed operation yet.