+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

vnboy

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I made it!!! Got the COPR on August 6 and hoped on a plane the next day. Everything went smoothly at the customs. All bags made it through.

Share timeline? Thanks

I am now sitting at my home in CA and quarantining for the next 14 days. May God help you and your spouses. Feel free to ask me any travel related questions, I’ll try to answer as much as I experienced and learned.

Ramieves

Apr 18, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I made it!!! Got the COPR on August 6 and hoped on a plane the next day. Everything went smoothly at the customs. All bags made it through.

I am now sitting at my home in CA and quarantining for the next 14 days. May God help you and your spouses. Feel free to ask me any travel related questions, I’ll try to answer as much as I experienced and learned.
Hi!
I've read that you managed to travel to Canada, while travel restrictions are still in place. Would great if you could tell where are you from and how could you persuade airline staff that that your are exempt from travel restrictions..)

yondibeom

Feb 9, 2018
Hi all,
I got the ghost update 2 days ago. (Manila office)
Is there anyone who got an update from Manila office?
AoR was May 22, 2019 and medical and eligibility passed last year. (based on GCMS)
hopefully this ghost update was for criminality pass...... no one knows.

Lott123456

Jan 28, 2020
Congratulations, Can you please share your timeline? Cheers!!
Application received: May 1st, 2019
Biometrics Request: June 20th, 2019
Biometrcis Received: June 23rd, 2019
Medical Request: June 25th, 2019
Medical Passed: July 16th, 2019
Moved to LVO: Oct 25th, 2019
AOR: Nov.13th,2019
Requested PCC again: Nov.26, 2019 (sent it with my original file but for some reason they didn't receive it)
Pre-Arrival letter Received: March 10th, 2020
Passport Request Letter: August 13th, 2020

pasifico

Jul 19, 2020
Hi!
I've read that you managed to travel to Canada, while travel restrictions are still in place. Would great if you could tell where are you from and how could you persuade airline staff that that your are exempt from travel restrictions..)
Traveled from Turkey and Ankara VO. Family reunification is a valid reason for travel exemption. Make sure you have your marriage license with you to show the authorities.

Good Luck!

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Any update? is there any result of involving MP?
Please share your experiences. your sharing will help a lot of broken families
This was awhile back, but in case anyone is still curious about what happened after asking MP to look into our case for us, this is what my MP finally sent to us today (over 2 months after they originally said they were contacting IRCC for us):
I have spoken to IRCC today about your husband’s application and don’t have much more information to provide to you at this time.

PR (Family Sponsorship) Outland Application

The file was received May 24, 2019
Sponsor’s Eligibility – passed July 15, 2019
File was transferred to New York office to undergo Eligibility of Principal Applicant
Security – not started
Medical – expired August 1, 2020 (when they review the file they will provide further instructions on medical)
Criminality – completed but there is a Criminal Rehabilitation application in process that needs to be approved.
The Criminal Rehabilitation application has been matched to the PR Application.
The file is non-routine in nature and must be reviewed for Principal Applicant’s eligibility.
Unfortunately, until they review the file, he is criminally inadmissible to Canada as it stands.
The New York office is not fully operational yet. Expect delays in processing due to the COVID-19.
This is a more complicated file and is considered non-routine. There are no time frames on non-routine files.

I will continue to monitor the file and get another update in a month.
It originally sounded like they were using webform to contact IRCC but from this e-mail it seems they got ahold of IRCC by phone and gave up on the webform. At least they said they'll keep following up for us. It was a bit of an improvement, since we didn't know criminality/CBSA investigation was "passed" but security/CSIS investigation hadn't started.

GCMS notes are definitely still more informative than what MP can get. MP still got a response from IRCC faster than us or our lawyer could though... we're here still waiting on those GCMS notes.

dmurrman

Dec 5, 2018
Update ish- we emailed LVO and told them that the PA is already in Canada on a visitor visa. They replied saying the application is almost done and will be forwarded to a Canadian office, and they'll contact us in the coming weeks to schedule a landing appointment.
So I guess that's good news although I'm sure there's a long wait for landing appointments.
Anyone know if flag-poling is even an option these days?

tizahu

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Update ish- we emailed LVO and told them that the PA is already in Canada on a visitor visa. They replied saying the application is almost done and will be forwarded to a Canadian office, and they'll contact us in the coming weeks to schedule a landing appointment.
So I guess that's good news although I'm sure there's a long wait for landing appointments.
When did you apply? I saw you posted this in multiple threads.

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Hey first off congratulations on actually getting a meaningful reply from the VO and also on being close to completion of this horrible process and also on the PA being accommodated to be in Canada!! That's fantastic.
Correct me if I'm misunderstanding - I thought flag-poling is when the PA is not in Canada, they enter Canada to activate their PR, and then they leave Canada again. I think you wouldn't need to do that since PA is already in Canada?
But in the hypothetical situation that someone is trying to flagpole, my understanding is that it is currently discouraged. Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html (see quote below)

If you got your CoPR, but haven’t landed
If we sent you a CoPR, but you haven’t been able to go to one of our offices in Canada to validate it, we’ll contact you to tell you what to do.

You should not travel to a port of entry to validate your CoPR. This is not considered essential travel and you won’t be able to validate it this way.

Reactions: dmurrman