+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Fabnel

Apr 19, 2020
Wow congrats, it looks like maybe you're about to be approved?! If you responded to the PFL and they gave you a pre-arrival plus now they seem to be poking around in your file then that sounds very promising... maybe your PPR will be mailed to you soon... Please keep us posted!
I pray so... thanks!
I will keep you posted

dmurrman

Dec 5, 2018
Anyone know if London is ever gonna get started again? I'm a feb2019 applicant, no word yet since January, I'd literally rather have Corona than keep waiting.

Reactions: Mariaont5119

Fabnel

Apr 19, 2020
Hi guys, my husband contacted his city MP, this was their reply about our application... guess it’s same thing with the response from web form:

Hello *****. We received an update today on your wife’s sponsorship. It looks as if everything is finalized and are just waiting on the final processing. Hopefully it isn’t too much longer.

This is the response that I received:

Good day ,

Thank you for contacting the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators.

We are pleased to provide you with the following details for your constituent about the status of an application to sponsor a spouse living outside Canada:

The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S), Nova Scotia, on May 9, 2019.
The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements was finalized on June 27, 2019.
the assessment for the applicant has been finalized on March 17, 2020 at the Canadian visa office in London.
The medical examination results are on file and valid until August 2, 2020, for the applicant.
The criminality verifications are currently valid.
The security verifications are currently valid.
We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your constituent’s application as soon as possible.

Reactions: StellaArtois

obaid21

Jan 22, 2020
Hello

Has anyone heard anything or waiting for a response from LVO?
Better to give up than keep following up... I will look at the status maybe in September or December.. it has been 14 months already so all plan ruined anyway in terms of expectations

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
Hello, what happens if we have a sponsorship the wife outside of Canada and comes with visit with TRV and stay canada having an sponsorship process outside? Does anyone have any opinion if it can be changed while in Canada with TRV?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello, what happens if we have a sponsorship the wife outside of Canada and comes with visit with TRV and stay canada having an sponsorship process outside? Does anyone have any opinion if it can be changed while in Canada with TRV?
It cannot be changed to inland without withdrawing and re-applying, so best to not change your current app. No problem visiting and staying, subject to complying with terms of TRV (e.g. not working). If an interview is required, that would be at 'home' visa office, not in Canada. Apparently the COPR etc can be received in Canada, although may be some changes occurring to COPR for applicants physically in Canada due to covid-related, not worth worrying about until later. (I believe some here recommend advising IRCC of address change if spouse will be here for more than a short visit)

Lott123456

Jan 28, 2020
Hello Everyone

After a week I got response from LVO "we are currently unable to advise if **** will be required to complete new medicals or if an extension will be provided. Due to COVID-19, IRCC London is currently only providing essential services and we are awaiting confirmation of how we may proceed with processing medical results. Please await further instructions from this office".

JUST DONT SEE THIS ENDING

Reactions: dmurrman

obaid21

Jan 22, 2020
Hello Everyone

After a week I got response from LVO "we are currently unable to advise if **** will be required to complete new medicals or if an extension will be provided. Due to COVID-19, IRCC London is currently only providing essential services and we are awaiting confirmation of how we may proceed with processing medical results. Please await further instructions from this office".

JUST DONT SEE THIS ENDING
Yeah.. its pointless.. just forget you applied and then one day it wil progress.
Wondering if they are approving visitor visa these days as that might be only viable option ?

dmurrman

Dec 5, 2018
Yeah.. its pointless.. just forget you applied and then one day it wil progress.
Wondering if they are approving visitor visa these days as that might be only viable option ?
I have my spouse with me in Canada on a visitor visa, has been here for 12 months, applied for yet another extension. Fascinating how this man made virus has ruined so many lives, we're just pawns.

pasifico

Jul 19, 2020
Congratulations! My wife also got a passport request on March 12th and now we are waiting to receive the passport back.

Our timeline is:
Application received: May 15th, 2019
AOR 1: July 4th, 2019
Sponsor approval: July 5th, 2019
Medical passed: July 13th, 2019
Moved to VO office Ankara: July 19th, 2019
PPR: March 12th, 2020
Counterfoil Doc: March 23, 2020

We have the same concern about flying to land, whether it will be allowed or safe enough to fly during this time.

Our counterfoil document (I'm guessing this is the visa stamp on passport) is expiring on July 11, 2020 and I'm worried that we won't be able to fly by that time. What is the procedure in this case? Should we message them via Case Specific Enquiry (CSE)?
Hey, I saw your timeline on google docs. Mine is very similar to yours. Any chance you guys received the COPR?

Reactions: aasraful