+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Fabnel

Apr 19, 2020
Hello! Any applicant from Manila Philippines here? Any update on your application? I am already PPR but I can't send my passport as the Manila and Cebu visa offices haven't resumed operation yet.
You can send to any of the vac’s listed in your PPR letter
My country’s vac doesn’t receive passports now, so I emailed LVO and I was asked to send to the vac’s listed in my letter or I want to my country’s vac to open

Hajra789

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hello Everyone
My GC key account is been updated to Final Decision "Final decision - August, 2020:Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
I also see a "Counterfoil Document" issued as well

I wish everyone a good luck and May Allah help with everyone cases that are pending
How long did it take to get your passport back??

Hajra789

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Were you also receiving updates on your application tracker???

I don’t know if the courier process has changed or not. We sent my husbands passport on sept 3...and since then the only status that shows up is “has been dispatched to IRCC through abu Dhabi visa office..” did you receive any updates..if you could please reply with Dates and details I’d really appreciate it.

we need to travel soon and have to book tickets..last time it took us 16 days from date of submitting passport to receiving it but we got updates from like the very next day that it has been received at Abu Dhabi and then forwarded. So just a little concerned right now.

thanks for your help!

Lott123456

Jan 28, 2020
Were you also receiving updates on your application tracker???

I don’t know if the courier process has changed or not. We sent my husbands passport on sept 3...and since then the only status that shows up is “has been dispatched to IRCC through abu Dhabi visa office..” did you receive any updates..if you could please reply with Dates and details I’d really appreciate it.

we need to travel soon and have to book tickets..last time it took us 16 days from date of submitting passport to receiving it but we got updates from like the very next day that it has been received at Abu Dhabi and then forwarded. So just a little concerned right now.

thanks for your help!
Yes I was receiving updates from VFS global, here are the notification i was receiving
I was tracking it with the tracking number as well

1st Email: Visa application, tracking ID No.has been dispatched to OC from VAC, on 8/19/2020 12:32:55 PM for processing.Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

2nd Email: Visa application, tracking ID No. has been received at the Abu Dhabi OC,UAE VAC on 8/20/2020 1:12:52 PM and is on transit to the IRCC Office in Abu Dhabi OC,UAE ,for processing. Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

3rd Email:Your application, tracking ID No.has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on 8/24/2020 6:04:45 AM

4th Email: The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. has been received from the IRCC Office on 8/26/2020 8:54:04 AM and will be dispatched to the Canada Visa Application Centre where you applied or at the courier address provided by you at the time of submission of your application. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.

5th Email: The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application Centre, Kuwait City on 8/27/2020 8:14:58 AM via . Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs.

Reactions: jerry22880

dmurrman

Dec 5, 2018
Feb 2019 applicant, I just got copr today, they emailed a document that allows us to get our SIN numbers etc, but we just need to mail a photo to get the PR card. Hopefully yall get yours within the next few months. Thanks for all the help everyone

obaid21

Jan 22, 2020
How do you know an application is in cold storage?
Just got another reply from immigration. Background check not yet complete after 16 months. No available processing time. Only essential services being provided so I think now Jan is a very optimistic target, maybe have to think about Sept 2021 as possibly when it will be processed.

ewaller245

Jul 21, 2020
Hi Everyone, congrats to those who received PPR already and for those waiting soon guys.
Quick question, my husband is in Canada as a visitor and accra just sent his COPR today. Can we send his passport via dhl or ask for them to transfer to Ottawa visa office? Thanks

ewaller245

Jul 21, 2020
Update ish- we emailed LVO and told them that the PA is already in Canada on a visitor visa. They replied saying the application is almost done and will be forwarded to a Canadian office, and they'll contact us in the coming weeks to schedule a landing appointment.
So I guess that's good news although I'm sure there's a long wait for landing appointments.
Anyone know if flag-poling is even an option these days?
How long did the reply take please?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Everyone, congrats to those who received PPR already and for those waiting soon guys.
Quick question, my husband is in Canada as a visitor and accra just sent his COPR today. Can we send his passport via dhl or ask for them to transfer to Ottawa visa office? Thanks
Could you clarify? You received the passport request? Read it carefully, there should be instructions there on where to send in Ottawa if principal applicant is in Canada.

If not, you could certainly contact the visa office that sent the passport request.

ewaller245

Jul 21, 2020
Could you clarify? You received the passport request? Read it carefully, there should be instructions there on where to send in Ottawa if principal applicant is in Canada.

If not, you could certainly contact the visa office that sent the passport request.
It is a spousal application, i am PR and sponsored my spouse he just arrived canada last week on a visitors visa and today received copr request letter.
I have contacted Accra via web form/email address asking if they can send paperwork/copr to Ottawa so we can send passport there because i don’t think we can send passport to Nigeria while in Canada.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It is a spousal application, i am PR and sponsored my spouse he just arrived canada last week on a visitors visa and today received copr request letter.
I have contacted Accra via web form/email address asking if they can send paperwork/copr to Ottawa so we can send passport there because i don’t think we can send passport to Nigeria while in Canada.
That letter is usually referred to as the passport request letter, that's what confused me.

Read it again, carefully - at least in some, there are instructions to send either to the regional visa office, OR to Ottawa. In one I'm looking at, Step 4 says submit your documents; sub-step 1 to regional office; 2 - In Canada to the Case Processing Centre CPC-O (more details), submitting your documents in Canada.

Reactions: ewaller245