+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

elit3

Oct 6, 2020
Hi ... any updates from LVO on anything for anyone ? They should be ramping up DM agents this week ... im a may 2019 applicant.
I am also waiting from May 2019 for the LVO. Seems like there is very little traction when it stems from the LVO. Is anybody else on the same boat?

Montrosco

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
For the people who are getting the visa congratulation
can you share the visa validity . do use to give validity according to medical expiry date . but with covid most medical are expired can anyone share the experience ? Thanks and good luck to all

Reactions: armoured

Vee1990

May 13, 2019
My husband got passport request on September 18. His passport back with permanent residence visa on September 24. He arrived in Canada on September 29. He is in quaratine for two weeks.:):):)
Ooh nice.congrats.where are we supposed to be quarantining.do we need to find a hotel even if my husband lives alone?

Reactions: Mareef

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Hey everyone, I finally have an update!!

Over the past few months, between our lawyer and our MP, we've been asking IRCC for a status update... literally just yesterday (October 8th, 2020), IRCC finally responded for the first time to our lawyer in a letter (specifically about the criminal rehabilitation portion of our application) saying:

"Your application has been placed in our processing queue.
Our office is currently processing Temporary Resident Permit and Rehabilitation applications in
an average of six (6) to twelve (12) months. These are, however, complex cases and there are
no guaranteed processing times.
Our resources are dedicated to finalizing applications as quickly as possible. As such, we are
unable to respond to status inquiries if your application has been in process for fewer than
twelve (12) months."

I was upset because according to GCMS notes, our application has been at the New York office for the rehabilitation portion since October 2019, so it totally has been 12 months (even longer if you consider that in August 2019 it was already sent to US for criminal rehabilitation portion, but it was routed to LA first and then to NY), and yet based on this letter, it was as if IRCC was saying it hasn't been that long... But also we were never given a file number for our rehabilitation application until we got that letter yesterday so we never could request GCMS notes on it until then. So I just requested the GCMS notes on our CR application last night...

But then just this afternoon (October 9th, 2020)
WE GOT THE PRE-ARRIVAL LETTER!!!

So I would assume they must have only just approved the criminal rehabilitation application today because it sure didn't sound like it was approved yesterday? There's no way they would have sent us the pre-arrival letter today if they still thought my husband was criminally inadmissible...

In any case I hope all of you will also have progress in your applications soon!!

dmurrman

Dec 5, 2018
Apparently London was giving essential services only upto now. Maybe that has changed? Background checks not completed in 17 months seems like a joke but it is real
LVO sent my application to Canada, it was approved etc a couple weeks ago. Be sure to use Web form and harass them, the squeaky wheel gets the grease

Reactions: armoured

obaid21

Jan 22, 2020
LVO sent my application to Canada, it was approved etc a couple weeks ago. Be sure to use Web form and harass them, the squeaky wheel gets the grease
Nice.. I also asked MP to bug them.. thats when I found out background checks are still pending... asked MP to raise issue of visitor visas to such complicated ppl like this one.. spouse n mother of Canadian citizens.. who require years of background checks !