+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

pasifico

Jul 19, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I made it!!! Got the COPR on August 6 and hoped on a plane the next day. Everything went smoothly at the customs. All bags made it through.

I am now sitting at my home in CA and quarantining for the next 14 days. May God help you and your spouses. Feel free to ask me any travel related questions, I’ll try to answer as much as I experienced and learned.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I made it!!! Got the COPR on August 6 and hoped on a plane the next day. Everything went smoothly at the customs. All bags made it through.

I am now sitting at my home in CA and quarantining for the next 14 days. May God help you and your spouses. Feel free to ask me any travel related questions, I’ll try to answer as much as I experienced and learned.
Congratulations!! Very happy for you. Shows that things are moving even if it's at a snail pace.

Brownie123

Jan 7, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Hey congratulations!!!!! I also applied in May 2019 but they havent asked for anything yet..... we got an e-mail on Feb 27 2020 that they started on our file but nothing after that..... Can u please share your timeline?

obaid21

Jan 22, 2020
I got an update that medical is not required at the moment. Given some people have got an updated passed status, I would imagine they will request it. Its like an application all over again.. and gckey is not fulfilling its use. I mean it is the same as before when you had in progress or decision made. Now you have many factors which will change all at once.. i am now hoping for May 2021 as expected date..?

Vike

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Is there anyone here dealing with Dakar visa office? And does anyone know when will this visa office open ? Are they even working with Covid19?

Lott123456

Jan 28, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Hello

First of all of congratulation, if you dont mind can you please tell me which country you travelled from and which visa office was your file in?

Momo332

Oct 17, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Thank you very much

DuncanHague

Feb 9, 2020
Our application has been approved!

Finally some good news to share, my application has been in London Visa office since November 2019 and as far as I'm aware I must be one of the first in a long time to hear anything good from LVO.

As it happens I was due to fly out on Tuesday the 18th to be with my partner after being apart for 9 months. Last time I checked you still couldn't land/validate your COPR, is this still the case? As this could change our plans if it's worth waiting for and to properly move out rather than just to visit.

Any guesses as to how long it'll take to receive COPR in the mail too?

Hope everyone else starts hearing good news too!

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Our application has been approved!

Finally some good news to share, my application has been in London Visa office since November 2019 and as far as I'm aware I must be one of the first in a long time to hear anything good from LVO.

As it happens I was due to fly out on Tuesday the 18th to be with my partner after being apart for 9 months. Last time I checked you still couldn't land/validate your COPR, is this still the case? As this could change our plans if it's worth waiting for and to properly move out rather than just to visit.

Any guesses as to how long it'll take to receive COPR in the mail too?

Hope everyone else starts hearing good news too!
Congrats!! Really glad things are starting to move (albeit slowly) for some people.

I saw this thread about the landing process once you have COPR; not sure if their discussion answers your question? https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/landing-process.696740/

I don't know about average time to receive COPR in the mail in the current pandemic situation... from what I can see of @pasifico's timeline, looks like they got PPR in March and received COPR in August... so that single case was about 5 months from PPR to COPR. I think not enough people have received COPRs recently though for us to have a good idea of what the average time frame is in pandemic circumstances.