+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Luwassa

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ooh nice, me as well. Let’s get in touch. I just can’t figure how to write a message on this forum. If u can message me and I will message you my number.

Reactions: Eveslm

ericeric

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Service
Purolator Express Pack
Est. Shipment Weight
1 lb.
Shipment Date
May 13, 2019
From
Richmond, BC, CA
To
Sydney, NS, CA
History

Date Local Time City Description
May 15, 2019 9:53 a.m. Sydney, NS Shipment delivered to DJ at: RECEPTION

Does anyone know about how long will i get the AOR?? or a email/contact from them.

shawn michelle

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
morning! hey so im checking out the spreadsheets to try and get an idea about when to expect what as the process goes and i noticed that a few folks from the US had biometrics requested. i thought PAs from the US were not required to submit them? or is it on a case by case basis?i didn't submit them with my application and was relieved that it wasn't necessary since it would be pretty challenging (and expensive) for me to ravel to the closest office at which to do it. will i be asked to provide them at a later point or it just depends? TIA

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
morning! hey so im checking out the spreadsheets to try and get an idea about when to expect what as the process goes and i noticed that a few folks from the US had biometrics requested. i thought PAs from the US were not required to submit them? or is it on a case by case basis?i didn't submit them with my application and was relieved that it wasn't necessary since it would be pretty challenging (and expensive) for me to ravel to the closest office at which to do it. will i be asked to provide them at a later point or it just depends? TIA
If you go to the biometrics page at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

Put the details in and it’ll say underneath:

Exception: If you apply for permanent residence in Canada, you need to give your biometrics.

So you’ll receive a request to pay the biometric fees soon. I believe US citizens have had to provide biometrics since December 31st, 2018.

shawn michelle

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
If you go to the biometrics page at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

Put the details in and it’ll say underneath:

Exception: If you apply for permanent residence in Canada, you need to give your biometrics.

So you’ll receive a request to pay the biometric fees soon. I believe US citizens have had to provide biometrics since December 31st, 2018.
thanks! i’m in mexico and it took me almost a month to find someone who could properly fingerprint me. i will be in the US and canada this summer, you think it’s possible to get that done while i’m in either place and prior to the request? i’m pretty positive doing it from down here will take forever and require travel etc....

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
thank you - but can i do it before it's requested? is it a standard request or does what is requested differ person by person? ideally i'd like to do it while in the states or canada so i don't have to try and figure it out here in mexico (where everything takes 5 times longer)....
It’ll be requested via GCKEY if you’ve linked your account, or via your email. It’s called a biometrics collection letter, this is then taken with you to a VAC or ASC.

As you’ve not paid a the fees for biometrics you’ll receive a request to pay them before you get your collection letter.

Does anyone know to check status on ecas?
You can sponsor’s details to see both sides of the application, or the applicants details to see just the applicants side. If you’ve not got AOR, you can use the receipt number to check ECAS, however it’s unlikely any information will be on there yet if you’ve just sent it off this month.

From my experience I had no luck with ECAS until after I received my AOR.

shawn michelle

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
It’ll be requested via GCKEY if you’ve linked your account, or via your email. It’s called a biometrics collection letter, this is then taken with you to a VAC or ASC.

As you’ve not paid a the fees for biometrics you’ll receive a request to pay them before you get your collection letter.
i have not linked my application yet as i have not received the AOR1 (which im guessing needs to happen first). i figure it will be at least another 3 weeks until that happens based on previous month's tracking stats. i leave mexico june 5th and i'll be in the states until august 4th - i'm hoping i get the request for payment and sent the collection letter early enough to allow me to do it while im there !

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
Service
Purolator Express Pack
Est. Shipment Weight
1 lb.
Shipment Date
May 13, 2019
From
Richmond, BC, CA
To
Sydney, NS, CA
History

Date Local Time City Description
May 15, 2019 9:53 a.m. Sydney, NS Shipment delivered to DJ at: RECEPTION

Does anyone know about how long will i get the AOR?? or a email/contact from them.
It can take anywhere from 30 to 90 days to get AOR, but from the spreadsheet it seems that most people have been getting it between 30 and 40 days after arrival. So you're likely not going to hear back until at least June!

rattannn

May 16, 2019
File received May 7th. I called cic today, they confirmed that it was in their system and I was able to change my address on file as I had recently moved. I can't see anything online yet though, hoping to get updates soon. Good luck everyone.