+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

M.K.IR.2019

May 31, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Today, I have just invited for interview on Jan 9th. I have no idea what will happen to my passport on that day. Do they keep it? Do they cancel my current visa on that?

I have a plan for a week-long vacation outside of Canada on Jan 17th. I wanna know whether I keep my plan.

Thanks for your help in advance

reviv3r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Received Eligibility Passed message on Dec 2nd with attachment confirming details as above. No update on account after that. Still showing processing.

Anyone else have similar situation? Or if anyone can advise how long it takes after this?

TIA
I believe it’s now with Etobicoke office to email you your landing interview appointment. No idea when they’ll contact you though but keep an eye on your Spam folder just in case the email ends up in there.

KerryO

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Received a message today in my wife's account - Eligibility Passed.

Dear XXXXXXXXX :
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been
completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in IRCC ETOBICOKE will
contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident
application.

The status for background check or final decision didn't update.
received the Dec 1 and haven’t heard anything back yet. Have you heard anything from them?

Dhalaria

Jul 8, 2019
Hello guys,

June 3rd applicant (received)

yesterday on Ecas its says Decision made on my profile as i am the sponsor of my wife and also an update written as we have send you the correspondence on 7th December ,

but i didnt get any email yet , it this normal ?

and also my wife ecas and on gckey there is an update that they have started reviewing the eligibility ,
how long it takes to move on next step after it ?

please advice if anyone has an idea

Last edited:

samar4187

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
I believe it’s now with Etobicoke office to email you your landing interview appointment. No idea when they’ll contact you though but keep an eye on your Spam folder just in case the email ends up in there.
Thanks. Will keep an eye.

M.K.IR.2019

May 31, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Today, I have just invited for interview on Jan 9th. I have no idea what will happen to my passport on that day. Do they keep it? Do they cancel my current visa on that?

I have a plan for a week-long vacation outside of Canada on Jan 17th. I wanna know whether I keep my plan.

Any one have an answer for my question?

rishabkhattra

May 30, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I assume you have been invited for a landing interview. In this case, no they will not keep your passport. They will just examine it to verify identity and give it back to you with the COPR

If you are going out of Canada via air, you will have to wait for the PR card. If going to US by land, you can re-enter Canada with your COPR,

Can you tell which which Visa office sent you the interview invite, and your DM date please ?

M.K.IR.2019

May 31, 2019
I assume you have been invited for a landing interview. In this case, no they will not keep your passport. They will just examine it to verify identity and give it back to you with the COPR

If you are going out of Canada via air, you will have to wait for the PR card. If going to US by land, you can re-enter Canada with your COPR,

Can you tell which which Visa office sent you the interview invite, and your DM date please ?
I am living in Edmonton. The visa office in Edmonton made that appointment for me. My DM date was the same day that I received my landing interview invitation. So, you think I need to reschedule my appointment? How long does usually take to get PR card after interview?

rishabkhattra

May 30, 2018
I am living in Edmonton. The visa office in Edmonton made that appointment for me. My DM date was the same day that I received my landing interview invitation. So, you think I need to reschedule my appointment? How long does usually take to get PR card after interview?
You can try to reschedule the appointment. Although I've heard that if you request a reschedule, they put you way back in the queue and then you PR takes much longer. Personally, I wouldn't take this risk with such a hard-obtained thing as PR

You wouldn't want to leave without your PR card either. It usually takes anywhere from between a week to more than a month. No guarantees.

My suggestion, go to the interview, get your PR and wait for the PR card. Hopefully it will come before your trip. If it doesn't and you absolutely have to go, you can always change your return flight to US and enter canada on land using the COPR (Assuming you have US visa)

Shasha2211

Dec 9, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Hi,
Am sorry for not answering ur question but I have a question for u if u can answer. Can u please share the date on when u received decision made and invitation letter???
Thank you in advance

Jiotr

Jul 15, 2019
Anyone else still waiting to hear from the London office for their landing interview? I received DM on Nov 19th

manjyot

Jun 18, 2017

Hello All,
I submitted my wife's PR sponsorship application this year on May 27, 2019.
At the time of submission she was on a student visa and now she has a post graduate work permit valid until November next year.

Last Week November 29, 2019 she got requested for biometrics. We have paid the fees and submitted the payment via the IRCC webform. Still waiting for CIC to provide the instructions on when and how to give your biometrics.

On December 8, 2019 she got another email from CIC saying:-
"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been
completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in Vancouver will contact
you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original
identification document(s) to the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office at your
appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or
identity documents."

My concerns are regarding the following question:-
1) My wife only has a Post graduate work permit and her TRV expired last week. Shall we apply for a TRV or no. Is it important to have or present a TRV visa during the interview?
2) Second how much time does it take to schedule the interview? We reside in Vancouver.
3) We paid the biometrics fees but still waiting for CIC to send the instruction how will this impact the application?
4) Anything else I should be caution about from here on?

Thank you in advance. :)