+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Sulwyn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
does anybody know what sort of questions they ask during the landing interview? Me and my husband have ours tomorrow morning. Do they only ask the PR applicant questions or do they also ask the sponsor questions as well? Thank you!
The officer only asked my hubby (the applicant) questions and had him initial and sign the COPR that all info stated within is correct. She asked him if he has had any criminal convictions, if he has ever been denied entry into Canada and whether he has any dependants not listed in the app. She so confirmed the date of his last entry into Canada. It was all a super straight forward process.

Reactions: reviv3r and J2dc

J2dc

Star Member
Sep 20, 2018
The officer only asked my hubby (the applicant) questions and had him initial and sign the COPR that all info stated within is correct. She asked him if he has had any criminal convictions, if he has ever been denied entry into Canada and whether he has any dependants not listed in the app. She so confirmed the date of his last entry into Canada. It was all a super straight forward process.
Thank you so much!

Sulwyn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Thank you so much!
Which office are you landing at? My hubby and I decided to make a day of it yesterday and updated his SIN and applied for OHIP after the landing interview. All the officers/ agents we dealt with yesterday loved us coz I came over prepared with documents XD

For SIN, they will need your COPR, passport and old SIN if you have one.

For OHIP, we presented his COPR, ID (passport or driver's licence) and proof of address (driver's licence or T4 or ban statements).

Reactions: J2dc

J2dc

Star Member
Sep 20, 2018
Which office are you landing at? My hubby and I decided to make a day of it yesterday and updated his SIN and applied for OHIP after the landing interview. All the officers/ agents we dealt with yesterday loved us coz I came over prepared with documents XD

For SIN, they will need your COPR, passport and old SIN if you have one.

For OHIP, we presented his COPR, ID (passport or driver's licence) and proof of address (driver's licence or T4 or ban statements).
We will be going to the Etobicoke location! We are planning to do the same thing and make a day of it as well too! I am wondering if on Saturday as well if it is open to do SIN and Health Card too? Thanks again for the info!

Sulwyn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
We will be going to the Etobicoke location! We are planning to do the same thing and make a day of it as well too! I am wondering if on Saturday as well if it is open to do SIN and Health Card too? Thanks again for the info!
Pretty sure they're not open on Saturdays so you'd have to go back for your SIN and OHIP. We arrived at about 9 am at the Etobicoke office for our 10 am appointment. We showed the receptionist our landing letter and he gave us a ticket number then directed us to the waiting room across the hall way. It was busy so we didn't get called up till right at 10 am. I definitely suggest going early.

If you're driving, there's a plaza nearby with a shopper's drug Mart where you can park for free and just walk over. If you park in the building, you're gonna get charged.

Reactions: MrsSMS

reviv3r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Congrats to everyone who has already completed the process! :)
I submitted additional documents today, has anyone had to do this? And if so how long did it take to receive a decision? (We already got SA).
Yes I did. IRCC acknowledged receipt 1 week later

cassidyc

Nov 29, 2019
Hi everyone!

I applied for inland spousal sponsorship (I am United States citizen, husband is Canadian, no kids) in June and had a few questions on the timeline/when I should expect to hear more from them. It being reviewed at the Mississauga office and we are living in Ontario.

Application Received: June 12, 2019
AOR: July 20, 2019
Medical Request: November 7, 2019
Correspondence: Requesting updated IMM5669/Schedule A - November 8, 2019
IMM5669 Received: November 19, 2019
Medical Received/Passed: November 25, 2019

When should I expect to hear more from them about a decision or the approved in principle letter? Really hoping the entire process takes less than 12 months as the processing time states.

Any information would be appreciated! I am curious to see how long it took other people to get further along in the process from the stage I am currently at.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: karan sallan

aquamex

Star Member
Jul 4, 2019
App. Filed.......
28-06-2019
AOR Received.
13-08-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019
Hi everyone!

I applied for inland spousal sponsorship (I am United States citizen, husband is Canadian, no kids) in June and had a few questions on the timeline/when I should expect to hear more from them. It being reviewed at the Mississauga office and we are living in Ontario.

Application Received: June 12, 2019
AOR: July 20, 2019
Medical Request: November 7, 2019
Correspondence: Requesting updated IMM5669/Schedule A - November 8, 2019
IMM5669 Received: November 19, 2019
Medical Received/Passed: November 25, 2019

When should I expect to hear more from them about a decision or the approved in principle letter? Really hoping the entire process takes less than 12 months as the processing time states.

Any information would be appreciated! I am curious to see how long it took other people to get further along in the process from the stage I am currently at.

Thank you!
I’m not sure if you know this but there is a spreadsheet where many of us have documented and are continuously updating our timelines. It will give you a pretty good idea of where the bulk stands. Here it is:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw

just browse the worksheets named “Inland”

Best of luck!

KerryO

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Received this email this morning. I’m so happy. It’s my birthday today and I received my present from immigration.

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in Etobicoke IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
Yay!!! Hubby just finished his landing interview and is now a PR. We landed at the Etobicoke office. Whole process was quick and easy. The officer asked for our landing letter, hubby's passport and id with proof of address (driver's license and /or photo ID card). She asked hubby whether he had any convictions, dependants and whether he had ever been deported or denied entry to canada. She also asked for information about his last entry into Canada. He signed his COPR, she gave us a copy and then we were done. We're now sitting at service Canada waiting to get a new SIN for him. Next stop will be service Ontario for his OHIP.

I just want to thank everyone who has offered advice and support during this whole process. We couldn't have done this without you guys.

To everyone who is still waiting for news, don't lose hope. Your turn will come soon. :D it's been an amazing journey.
Congratulations, same went with my wife yesterday at Etobicoke. It was simple and straight, one question though- the OHIP she got said that the new card which would be sent after 90 day period would be valid 2 years, are they stopped giving 5 year cards now?

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Received this email this morning. I’m so happy. It’s my birthday today and I received my present from immigration.

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in Etobicoke IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
Congratulations, honey. It's been a long time waiting, eh!