+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

dmsamy

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Hi guys! Another update! My husband received this email:

"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements."

Can you guys tell me what does this mean? Has he been approved? Or will the approval be coming shortly? May 15th applicant.

Thank you!
This is Approved in principle for the applicant. Congrats, wait for DM letter soon.

Reactions: Ver94

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Hi guys! Another update! My husband received this email:

"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements."

Can you guys tell me what does this mean? Has he been approved? Or will the approval be coming shortly? May 15th applicant.

Thank you!
Your husband is "Approved in Principle" otherwise known as "AIP". If you, the sponsor, have also received the "Sponsorship Approval", otherwise known as "SA", that means that "Decision Made" is right around the corner for you guys. Just a bit more patience and you'll reach the finish line. Congratulations !

Reactions: J2dc

J2dc

Star Member
Sep 20, 2018
Your husband is "Approved in Principle" otherwise known as "AIP". If you, the sponsor, have also received the "Sponsorship Approval", otherwise known as "SA", that means that "Decision Made" is right around the corner for you guys. Just a bit more patience and you'll reach the finish line. Congratulations !
Yes we received the SA and I guess now this is the AIP. Super excited on hearing this news! Thank you!

Reactions: IrrMirr and reviv3r

Manpra

Nov 15, 2019
Inland Spousal Sponsorship With OWP
Application filed - 31st May 2019
OWP received - 23rd Sept 2019
Medical Request 17th Oct 2019
Medical given - 31st Oct 2019

I see Medical Received on 13th NOV

is it normal to take so much time to confirm on medicals??

BTrevisan

Sep 17, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Inland Spousal Sponsorship With OWP
Application filed - 31st May 2019
OWP received - 23rd Sept 2019
Medical Request 17th Oct 2019
Medical given - 31st Oct 2019

I see Medical Received on 13th NOV

is it normal to take so much time to confirm on medicals??
Yes, from what I understand it takes some time to show up. I did my medical exam on October 4th, and it was only marked as received/passed on October 20th.

bu1007

Aug 31, 2019
We got our SA email today! :)
I (PA) also got a letter requesting additional documents so that has slowed down my application but at least it's moving along!
I do have a question though... my status changed from my IEC expiring in August of this year to a visitor (OWP app delayed due to missing fees). Is this something I need to notify them of? Considering I got an email correspondence from IRCC confirming the new status?
I just assumed it's all linked and that they can see I now have visitor status?

Reactions: Ver94

Manpra

Nov 15, 2019
Yes, from what I understand it takes some time to show up. I did my medical exam on October 4th, and it was only marked as received/passed on October 20th.
Thanks so much for your reply. So what would be next step? How long it normally takes to determine if medical is pass?

Trabia

Sep 11, 2019
Hi can some please help me answering this question.My husband came from uS to Canada by border in car.
I have airline ticket through which he came to US and passport showing the stamp of Canada border agency as well
Can someone please explain what should we write in ROUTE TO CANADA?? Does it mean route starting from DC where he landed until Canada border????

.If you came via land, provide the Airline that brought you overseas, where you landed, your
route to Canada and the Port of Entry.

Thanks

BTrevisan

Sep 17, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Hi can some please help me answering this question.My husband came from uS to Canada by border in car.
I have airline ticket through which he came to US and passport showing the stamp of Canada border agency as well
Can someone please explain what should we write in ROUTE TO CANADA?? Does it mean route starting from DC where he landed until Canada border????

.If you came via land, provide the Airline that brought you overseas, where you landed, your
route to Canada and the Port of Entry.

Thanks
You should provide them with the ticket information he used to come to the US. How did he get from Germany to the US? When did he land? Provide them with a copy of the ticket. If he doesn't have it, call the airline and ask them to email it to you.

They also want to know his route to Canada and Port of Entry. That should be on the stamp in the passport. I suggest scanning the stamp from the Canada Border Agency to them as well. This stamp contains the code of the port of entry (POE) and location. If you look under "Canada Border Services Agency" in the stamp you will find this information. Also provide them with the route, for example: Drove from Seattle, WA to Vancouver BC.

Reactions: Trabia