+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Jiotr

Jul 15, 2019
Hello,

My husband did the medical exam yesterday - will the IRCC automatically know he did it? Or do we need to upload something to our GCkey account?

dimples1

Nov 1, 2019
Hi guys! I need help! Planning to apply for Spousal Sponsorship then Open Permit then PR for me and my wife. She's already in canada living with me but she's under visitor's visa for 6 months. We got married just recently and soon this month we will receive our marriage certificate. I need help on the application. Since she has no documents/IDs stating that we live together or have the same address (we live with in my family's house so the lease is under my parent's name). Should we or not state that we live together since they require documents and ID with the same address. Or should we select that we dont live together and provide proof of relationship (eg Letters, Pictures, Text messages etc)? Thanks!

Jiotr

Jul 15, 2019
Hi guys! I need help! Planning to apply for Spousal Sponsorship then Open Permit then PR for me and my wife. She's already in canada living with me but she's under visitor's visa for 6 months. We got married just recently and soon this month we will receive our marriage certificate. I need help on the application. Since she has no documents/IDs stating that we live together or have the same address (we live with in my family's house so the lease is under my parent's name). Should we or not state that we live together since they require documents and ID with the same address. Or should we select that we dont live together and provide proof of relationship (eg Letters, Pictures, Text messages etc)? Thanks!
Get a letter from the owner of the house stating you live with them.

KerryO

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Hello,

My husband did the medical exam yesterday - will the IRCC automatically know he did it? Or do we need to upload something to our GCkey account?
The clinic where you got the medical at submits it for you! They do it within 10 days. If nothing shows up after 10 days I would recommend contacting the medical clinic. That’s how my clinic was.
Or you can even contact the clinic to confirm their timeline of submission instead of waiting for 10 days and then contacting.

dimples1

Nov 1, 2019
Get a letter from the owner of the house stating you live with them.
But is it more convincing to show the proof of our relationship also (eg. letters, pictures, etc) so we have solid grounds? In the checklist for spousal sponsorship you have to tick between yes or no if you live together. If yes, documents needed are those docs and IDs with the same address (eg letter from the owner of the house stating we live with them). If no, we provide documents about our relationship (eg letters pics, plane tickets) which we have a lot.

Is it possible that I can give both?
If I tick no, can I still send the proof of relationship (eg letters, pics, plane tickets)

Aoplogies, just making sure every details is right. Thanks!!

dylan_tor

Nov 15, 2017
Hello, I'm curious has anyone (who was not required to send police certificate with their application) recieved a police certificate request?

Seatou

Aug 2, 2019
But is it more convincing to show the proof of our relationship also (eg. letters, pictures, etc) so we have solid grounds? In the checklist for spousal sponsorship you have to tick between yes or no if you live together. If yes, documents needed are those docs and IDs with the same address (eg letter from the owner of the house stating we live with them). If no, we provide documents about our relationship (eg letters pics, plane tickets) which we have a lot.

Is it possible that I can give both?
If I tick no, can I still send the proof of relationship (eg letters, pics, plane tickets)

Aoplogies, just making sure every details is right. Thanks!!
Just tell them the truth whether you are living together or not. Please don't lie.
For showing the same address, I would suggest your wife to buy something from Amazon (get your invoice & shipping address), buy a phone and have the acknowledgement paper, add her to your Costco account if applicable.

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
Hi guys,

I am planning to sponsor my souse to Canada under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. However, currently he is in India. If I get him to Canada on a visitor visa, how soon can i apply for sponsorship + OWP? Also, do i need to get a return ticket for him since he is on a visitor visa? Would this in any way be misreprestation? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!
If you want to apply for the inland spousal sponsorship he has to be in the country and as a visitor you most likely have to provide proof of a return ticket or enough funds to buy one. For the Spousal/common law sponsorship you have to be living together in a martial type relationship for at least a year for most provinces. If you were unable to live physically together it has to bee for a reason like he was not able to enter the country or something similiar.
Another variety would be to start the outland procedure as you most likely dont meet requirements for the inland sponsorship. Search around and read on the canada immigration website for more information

dmsamy

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
If you want to apply for the inland spousal sponsorship he has to be in the country and as a visitor you most likely have to provide proof of a return ticket or enough funds to buy one. For the Spousal/common law sponsorship you have to be living together in a martial type relationship for at least a year for most provinces. If you were unable to live physically together it has to bee for a reason like he was not able to enter the country or something similiar.
Another variety would be to start the outland procedure as you most likely dont meet requirements for the inland sponsorship. Search around and read on the canada immigration website for more information
If you live together and your spouse is a Visitor- Get a G1 Drivers license if ON, other province get similar to G1
Open a Joint bank account and listing both your names..
The above two are official documents to show you both living together.