+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

dmsamy

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Hi guys,

I am planning to sponsor my souse to Canada under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. However, currently he is in India. If I get him to Canada on a visitor visa, how soon can i apply for sponsorship + OWP? Also, do i need to get a return ticket for him since he is on a visitor visa? Would this in any way be misreprestation? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!
Perfectly possible. But when you apply visitors visa the invitation should not misrepresent any facts and you should declare your relationship with him. Having a return ticket only helps at the border not for approving visitor visa.

anytime after landing in Canada you can apply the OWP and PR

Reactions: ulka0410

ulka0410

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
Perfectly possible. But when you apply visitors visa the invitation should not misrepresent any facts and you should declare your relationship with him. Having a return ticket only helps at the border not for approving visitor visa.

anytime after landing in Canada you can apply the OWP and PR
Thank you so much for your prompt response. However i do a have a few followup questions:
  1. When you say "Having a return ticket only helps at the border not for approving visitor visa", does it mean I do not need to book a return ticket for him?
  2. But when you apply visitors visa the invitation should not misrepresent any facts and you should declare your relationship with him. - I am not sure I understand this correct. Do you mean that when he applies for visitor visa he should state our marital status or should he clearly state the purpose of his visit i.e. Inland Spousal Sponsorship?

dmsamy

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Thank you so much for your prompt response. However i do a have a few followup questions:
  1. When you say "Having a return ticket only helps at the border not for approving visitor visa", does it mean I do not need to book a return ticket for him?- Yes, Its not mandatory to book return ticket.
  2. But when you apply visitors visa the invitation should not misrepresent any facts and you should declare your relationship with him. - I am not sure I understand this correct. Do you mean that when he applies for visitor visa he should state our marital status or should he clearly state the purpose of his visit i.e. Inland Spousal Sponsorship?- Correct, state the marital status including purpose of visit. Also note, Canada allows the dual intent in visitor visa, for example- He Can come to visit you as a spouse and spend time with you for his vacation or stay here and at the same time allowed to apply PR and OWP. During the immigration check and border they will ask him if he is planning to apply for PR and he can say 'Yes' or 'No' or 'Not decided' according to your plan because it is completely legal. simply put, be very honest and open in your invitation letter.

Reactions: ulka0410

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Thank you everyone! So relieved.

Only issue now is that we'll probably have to reschedule our landing interview because we have a trip Nov.26 to Dec. 3rd and I don't think we'll get the PR card on time....

Pparreira

Jun 19, 2019
Hi all! I got the letter saying that i need to provide medical exams and saying that they will send to me the intructions and forms by mail or email, but i did not get anything yet and i am worried about they sent it by mail and take to much time and then the time expires.
Is there anyone that has those forms or the letter with the intruction that could share ? if yes my email is pedro_lpn@hotmail.com
Common Law sponsor app sent on May 6.
Thank you

reviv3r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hi all! I got the letter saying that i need to provide medical exams and saying that they will send to me the intructions and forms by mail or email, but i did not get anything yet and i am worried about they sent it by mail and take to much time and then the time expires.
Is there anyone that has those forms or the letter with the intruction that could share ? if yes my email is pedro_lpn@hotmail.com
Common Law sponsor app sent on May 6.
Thank you
Have you been able to link your application on GCKey? If so, the letter will be there. Otherwise, if you provided CIC with your email, they will send it to your email address. The medical exam instruction letter is actually personalized and you need to hand it to the panel physician/doctor.