+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

marcus2390

Sep 11, 2016
I re-did the forms again because it had changed the version since May that we applied, they didn't give me back the support documents so I printed again all the documents and set back with the new forms and the two payment receipt
have you linked your OWP so far? Or have you received any updates since re-sending?

marcus2390

Sep 11, 2016
When my application was returned (due to missing signature / Notice of Assessment/Option C) they had mis-organized everything. Unless the form has updated since the last time you filled them out then it is not required to re-fill them. However that is optional if you still would like everything brand new again. I never re-printed or copied my certificates again so I don't believe you have anything to worry about. I just re-organized my documents into the checklist that's on the sponsorship list / OWP list and re-sent.

Hope that helps!
Thanks! We didn't re-do our forms and neither did we recopy the supporting documents. Hopefully everything goes well . Have you linked your OWP in GCkey or have any updates since re-sending?

Aug 27, 2019
Application received May 6
File number received - July 11
Medicals received - 27 September
What next ? Spousal inland sponsorship.

No news on work permit though

TJ90

Jun 12, 2019
Hi All,

We are preparing for our landing interview on Friday but just realized our passports were not stamped upon coming back into Canada in August from our vacation. It says we need to bring proof of the first and last entry into Canada. We have our plane tickets and a stamp from a Seattle on that day, will this pose problems?
Thanks!
My passport never got stamped (they apparently don't really do that anymore when you arrive by air and are allowed to stay the maximum amount of time?) - and they ask for proof of your stamped passport in the OWP and PR application. I just showed them my boarding pass for the flight to Canada, approval of ETA and a copy of all the pages of my passport (showing there is no stamp). My OWP got approved so that means they are okay with what I gave them.
Sooo you should probably be fine :)

Last edited:

Michyap

Jul 3, 2019
Hey Guys,

Week by week passed and I am still waiting for my OWP to be approved. As of now, its still under "submitted" status. I realized that in my account, the work permit stated as online application under the column of "Application type". Is it the same for everyone? Note: my application was resubmitted on Aug 20th due to insufficient fee.

Well I do not have much hope that it will be approved sooner, just wondering about the application type piece as I submitted by paper to Edmonton office.

Robslinga

Jan 26, 2019
Hey Guys,

Week by week passed and I am still waiting for my OWP to be approved. As of now, its still under "submitted" status. I realized that in my account, the work permit stated as online application under the column of "Application type". Is it the same for everyone? Note: my application was resubmitted on Aug 20th due to insufficient fee.

Well I do not have much hope that it will be approved sooner, just wondering about the application type piece as I submitted by paper to Edmonton office.
Yes it is the same for me. Online application even though I submitted by paper via mail. Seems like there computer system has been down for a while. At least that's the answer I get when I try and call CIC. I'm also waiting patiently for my OWP.

Karsky

Aug 3, 2019
Yes it is the same for me. Online application even though I submitted by paper via mail. Seems like there computer system has been down for a while. At least that's the answer I get when I try and call CIC. I'm also waiting patiently for my OWP.
Hi
When did you send?

Robslinga

Jan 26, 2019
So I just called CIC to enquire about my Work Permit and I was told that it has been approved and waiting to be printed, even though it still just says "Submitted" on my online account. So good news and maybe it is the same for others. My recommendation is to call CIC & speak to an agent if you still haven't received any update on your OWP status. :)

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
So I just called CIC to enquire about my Work Permit and I was told that it has been approved and waiting to be printed, even though it still just says "Submitted" on my online account. So good news and maybe it is the same for others. My recommendation is to call CIC & speak to an agent if you still haven't received any update on your OWP status. :)
You might have the same thing happen to you that happened to me which is receiving the OWP in the mail and the only application be approved 2 months later LOL