+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

J2dc

Star Member
Sep 20, 2018
I called IRCC and they advised me that our application was returned to us yesterday :( looks like we just need to wait until we get it back to find out why it was returned? We will definitely be having a stern talking with our lawyer about this as the reason why we got a lawyer was to avoid THIS from happening.

kayg

Jul 16, 2019
Finally!
Application Received: May 21st
Aor: August 8th 2019
work Permit : still waiting (sent to Edmonton office due to missing fees)

Reactions: SSUN and Jiotr
Oct 31, 2018
I called IRCC and they advised me that our application was returned to us yesterday :( looks like we just need to wait until we get it back to find out why it was returned? We will definitely be having a stern talking with our lawyer about this as the reason why we got a lawyer was to avoid THIS from happening.
So sad o hear that they can return the application after you received your AOR . CAn they do so?

Robslinga

Jan 26, 2019
Update on my application which was received May 22nd.

I was able to link my application online today and it says "Submitted" under the "Current Status" column. Does this mean we should get an email soon?

Reactions: Jiotr

VeronikaDd

Dec 11, 2018
In my understanding once they give you the AOR number that indicates that the application is accepted and nothing is missing.. hm .. thats strange ..

IrrMirr

Star Member
May 8, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Hi,My work permit was returned due to insufficient payment ($150) we made the additional payment and we sent by web form, but THey didn’t check.
Then we sent OWP to Edmonton.
Sorry about that( I did same thing - noticed the missing fee a week after we submitted the applications, used webform to send in that additional receipt + explanatory letter and also sent hard copies of all of those to the same address as our initial application. And they accepted everything, OWP app wasnt returned, got it approved within normal waiting time. It s strange and frustrating that they do differently in the same situations

Reactions: may2019

Karsky

Aug 3, 2019
Sorry about that( I did same thing - noticed the missing fee a week after we submitted the applications, used webform to send in that additional receipt + explanatory letter and also sent hard copies of all of those to the same address as our initial application. And they accepted everything, OWP app wasnt returned, got it approved within normal waiting time. It s strange and frustrating that they do differently in the same situations
Thanks
I was so sad, but I feel better

Reactions: IrrMirr

jhaye18

Jun 11, 2019
Yes they can. We received AOR and then they sent it back. Were just gunna have to wait and see what the reasoning was.
Hi!

Sorry to hear that. May i know when did you submit your application and when did you receive your AOR? Kinda scary for us May applicants too.

Last edited:

SSUN

Jul 21, 2019
Update my status:

App Sent: May 17th
App Received: May 21th
AOR received: Aug 08th

I have linked on both GCKEY and ECAS
and now Im just waiting for OWP:)

SSUN

Jul 21, 2019
Update on my application which was received May 22nd.

I was able to link my application online today and it says "Submitted" under the "Current Status" column. Does this mean we should get an email soon?
Yes, I think you will get an email tmr morning:)

ovooj16

Jan 9, 2017
I did the same thing. Noticed missing missing fees 2 days after we submitted, used webform to send in that additional receipt + explanatory letter and also sent hard copies of all of those to the same address as our initial application. Got a response from the web form to acknowledge they received it. My husbands OWP application was returned 2 days after that (July 10th) and we resumed the next day. Haven't seen or heard any updates since then. We haven't been able to link the OWP application either. Says it cant find it. I am startign to get very worried.