+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

nng1206

Jun 30, 2019
Has anyone been successful at calling IRCC and actually get through to talk to somebody? Every time I call the automated message says ‘due to high call volumes we cannot take your call right now’ and then it cuts out. It’s the same thing no matter what time of day I try or how many times I try. Thanks in advance for any replies :)

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Has anyone been successful at calling IRCC and actually get through to talk to somebody? Every time I call the automated message says ‘due to high call volumes we cannot take your call right now’ and then it cuts out. It’s the same thing no matter what time of day I try or how many times I try. Thanks in advance for any replies :)
I usually call them around 8-9am EST and I am able to get through.

Reactions: nng1206

Cocorosie

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Hi,

You have to try again (like right away), until you get a spot in the queue ; their call center queue is around 30min max (you don't necessary need to wait on the line, they have a nice feature to let them call back once you reach the spot in the queue).

robillalovic2

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Hi,

You have to try again (like right away), until you get a spot in the queue ; their call center queue is around 30min max (you don't necessary need to wait on the line, they have a nice feature to let them call back once you reach the spot in the queue).
Which number do you guys use to get in touch with them?

robillalovic2

Star Member
May 29, 2019
I just spoke to an IRCC agent, he told me that based on the info that he has, they are currently working on APP received by May 2nd, then I’m like, well there are people whose app has been received on May 6th, already have their AOR, and he replied that, maybe because my APP has been sent to Mississauga and Mississauga always tends to have a higher volume then other places

pepino99

May 17, 2019
I just spoke to an IRCC agent, he told me that based on the info that he has, they are currently working on APP received by May 2nd, then I’m like, well there are people whose app has been received on May 6th, already have their AOR, and he replied that, maybe because my APP has been sent to Mississauga and Mississauga always tends to have a higher volume then other places
I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense all the applications for inland spousal sponsorship are sent to Mississauga Ontario, wether you sent it by mail or courier so it was bull.

Reactions: SofiaMartins

LittleNinja

May 21, 2019
I called and was told that applications are processed in order or arrival, I politely asked how it is possible then that some people in June have AOR while people before mid May are still waiting, and was told the same generic answer about Mississauga, which I agree doesn't make sense because all inland applications go there initially. There must be something else or they are simply messy. So frustrating.

My bet is on that they just make stacks of applications and grab from there, well probably someone knocked over the the May stack and thus here we are.
/Humor off

At least they confirmed they do have my application.

Last edited:

Jeannyfam

May 4, 2019
I called and was told that applications are processed in order or arrival, I politely asked how is it possible then that some people in June have AOR while people before mid May are still waiting, and was told the same generic answer about Mississauga, which I agree doesn't make sense because all inland applications go there initially. There must be something else or they are simply messy. So frustrating.

My bet is on that they just make stacks of applications and grab from there, well probably someone knocked over the the May stack and thus here we are.
/Humor off

At least they confirmed they do have my application.
What day do you apply?

NitaT

Jul 15, 2019
Application sent : Jan 15
returned : March
Re-applied : March
returned : April
Re-applied : May 7
Delivered : May 8

It's so confusing, i literally stopped checking mailbox cause mine got returned twice. Had to extend for my visitor status, lucky it got approved on June.

Did you guys receive AoR directly in ur email? Or?

VanSuu

Jul 9, 2019
I see a trend people who get their package return it’s usually 1 and a half month but people who get their AOR usually wait over two months before they hear anything from the government. You should be in the clear this time since it’s been over two months

It's so confusing, i literally stopped checking mailbox cause mine got returned twice. Had to extend for my visitor status, lucky it got approved on June.

Did you guys receive AoR directly in ur email? Or?[/Q

robillalovic2

Star Member
May 29, 2019

Yes they will email you if your are the sponsor

Reactions: SofiaMartins

Charan28

Jul 16, 2019
My application was received on May 15th but still waiting on AOR. I am P.R in Canada and my wife is from India. Any insights?