+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hey All,

Seems like everyone from the 4th and 1st week of May have received their AOR's... has anyone from Mid May received anything yet?

Getting a little impatient as my wife's 6 month visit period end in August 4th week, just wondering if i should apply for extension... any suggestions?
I would definitely apply for the extension to be safe.. She will have implied status

Cocorosie

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Does anyone know how the OWP works? Will they send an email to the sponsor or applicant?
Try to link it (although is still very early, but who knows?!):

Category: Temporary Residence
Sub-Category: Work Permit and Extension
Please select one: Unique Client Identifier (UCI) & Family Name
Unique Client Identifier (UCI): Enter Principal Applicants UCI (IMP: NOT Sponsors UCI. PA's UCI. AOR email has Sponsors UCI)
Application Number: Enter Principal Applicants Family name as it is from the passport

Applicant's personal information
Please Select one: Passport - Enter Principal Applicants passport details (add exact details as on Principal Applicants passport)

Details of intended work in Canada
What type of work permit are you applying for?: Open (Initial Application or Extension)

Information about the applicant's work in Canada
Country of residence:
Canada
Marital Status: Married/Common Law
Which Situation Applies to the Applicant: Applied for permanent resident Spouse or Common-in-law partner

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Try to link it (although is still very early, but who knows?!):

Category: Temporary Residence
Sub-Category: Work Permit and Extension
Please select one: Unique Client Identifier (UCI) & Family Name
Unique Client Identifier (UCI): Enter Principal Applicants UCI (IMP: NOT Sponsors UCI. PA's UCI. AOR email has Sponsors UCI)
Application Number: Enter Principal Applicants Family name as it is from the passport

Applicant's personal information
Please Select one:
Passport - Enter Principal Applicants passport details (add exact details as on Principal Applicants passport)

Details of intended work in Canada
What type of work permit are you applying for?:
Open (Initial Application or Extension)

Information about the applicant's work in Canada
Country of residence:
Canada
Marital Status: Married/Common Law
Which Situation Applies to the Applicant: Applied for permanent resident Spouse or Common-in-law partner
Didn't work. Guess it is too early :(

CristianFelipe

Jun 11, 2019
Toronto
Going to apply for extension as this is taking too long! Any one has a sample letter that explains that we are waiting for AOR but we don't want to get into the out of status situation?
My wife came with eTA and her permit of stay is valid for just 6 months expires on September.

Thanks!

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Going to apply for extension as this is taking too long! Any one has a sample letter that explains that we are waiting for AOR but we don't want to get into the out of status situation?
My wife came with eTA and her permit of stay is valid for just 6 months expires on September.

Thanks!
We didn't use a sample letter. We just filled out the application and there is a section asking why you want to extend the stay.

Reactions: CristianFelipe

nng1206

Jun 30, 2019
Application Received: May 30 2019 (spousal and OWP)
AOR: Still waiting

With regards to extension of visitors visa, my visa runs out August 27 2019. When should I be looking at applying the extension? I got advised by my immigration solicitor that I can wait a bit longer and see if my OWP turns up and then if not apply for the extension up until the day before the visa runs out. But then would this mean that I am on implied status if I don’t have approval for the extension by August 27?

Sulwyn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Application Received: May 30 2019 (spousal and OWP)
AOR: Still waiting

With regards to extension of visitors visa, my visa runs out August 27 2019. When should I be looking at applying the extension? I got advised by my immigration solicitor that I can wait a bit longer and see if my OWP turns up and then if not apply for the extension up until the day before the visa runs out. But then would this mean that I am on implied status if I don’t have approval for the extension by August 27?

I would apply about 2-3 weeks before expiration just in case. If the OWP comes through first you can always cancel the extension and request for a refund (as long as it hasn't been approved yet). Otherwise I would count the cost as you just covering all your bases.

nng1206

Jun 30, 2019
I would apply about 2-3 weeks before expiration just in case. If the OWP comes through first you can always cancel the extension and request for a refund (as long as it hasn't been approved yet). Otherwise I would count the cost as you just covering all your bases.
Thanks for your reply. It says on the website that processing time for visitor extension is 50days (which I don’t currently have)..... so if it gets to August 27 and my extension hasn’t been approved yet, that shouldn’t have any effect on my pending OWP application by putting me out of status right?