14-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-06-2019
Passport Req..
18-11-2020
Same Here is your visa office OTtawa?
It was Ottawa until December, but it was transferred to Mexico on December 30th.

Mapleleaf14

Mar 27, 2020
Hi All,
I hope everyone here and your families are in good health and doing fine. This is my timeline:
AOR - 4/May/2019
Golden Mail - 2/March/2020
Passport sent for stamping - 03/March/2020
Visa and CoPR recd- 14/March/2020
NDVO
Now I’m in such a dilemma that my Visa and medical expires on the 21/April/2020. I don’t know whether it is a good idea to travel before this that is after the April 15th and before the April 21st as International flights will not be operating in India before April 15th or to inform CIC about the situation and that I cannot travel due to Corona Virus as it is not safe to travel. I would really appreciate it if anybody travelling now or travelled recently can give me some inputs as to what would be the best thing to do at this situation. If I have to inform CIC how long will the process of re-doing medicals and re-issuing visa and CoPR take? How are things in Canada? What are the options to travel from the airport to any hotel or air bnb? Will the job market be okay in one month’s time? Thank you so much in advance for all your replies. This forum has helped me cope with all my anxieties and worries during my waiting period for the PR. Thank you, prayers and good luck coming to all in this forum.

Reactions: smpbcpr

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hi All,
I hope everyone here and your families are in good health and doing fine. This is my timeline:
AOR - 4/May/2019
NDVO
Now I’m in such a dilemma that my Visa and medical expires on the 21/April/2020. I don’t know whether it is a good idea to travel before this that is after the April 15th and before the April 21st as International flights will not be operating in India before April 15th or to inform CIC about the situation and that I cannot travel due to Corona Virus as it is not safe to travel. I would really appreciate it if anybody travelling now or travelled recently can give me some inputs as to what would be the best thing to do at this situation. If I have to inform CIC how long will the process of re-doing medicals and re-issuing visa and CoPR take? How are things in Canada? What are the options to travel from the airport to any hotel or air bnb? Will the job market be okay in one month’s time? Thank you so much in advance for all your replies. This forum has helped me cope with all my anxieties and worries during my waiting period for the PR. Thank you, prayers and good luck coming to all in this forum.
There are quite a few layers to this question so let me try and address them layer by layer. Also just for the record - this is my 2 cents and I am sure someone else will have a different opinion.

1) All flights are suspended in India till April 15th - Yes but keep in mind that this suspension can be extended unless the situation changes drastically both within and outside the country. From the looks of - I doubt we will be anywhere close to done with this pandemic mid-April so chances are this suspension of flights will continue beyond April 15th and on that account itself I would contact IRCC and let them know it is not possible for you to travel right now and ask how they can defer the landing process.

2) Location - Where are you planning to land? Where are you planning to eventually settle? These are important considerations. Remember that for the first 3 months after you land, you will not have access to to Canada's health care system unless you purchase it privately - which is very expensive. Ontario has waived this amid the ongoing crisis so if Ontario is your destination you may not have to purchase private health care. Even then I am not aware of the bells and whistles attached to this and if Ontario is not your destination then I would think really hard of whether I really need to move right away.

3) Job Market - This is never quite easy to answer but most companies currently have a hiring freeze right now. Will the situation get better in a month? Maybe but unlikely. The situation is changing drastically everyday here and the measure are getting stricter, not easier. I hope for the best but it just doesn't look like we wile be out of this anytime soon.

4) Travels - Regarding your travel from airpor to hotel/airbnb answer, yes - that is still feasible. But Canada has imposed a mandatory quarantine for 14 days so even when you get here you will have to be in quarantine for 14 days before you can go out for the essential services such as opening bank accounts, applying for SIN, health insurance etc (at least that's my understanding).

I understand this is in no way an easy decision and there maybe several other factors that you have to take into consideration before making this decision. But unless you absolutely have to - I think you should wait. If you explain this to IRCC, I am sure they will figure out an alternative. This just is the worst time for this but we are all in together. Hope things work out for you. Stay safe, stay indoors!

Reactions: Mapleleaf14

Mapleleaf14

Mar 27, 2020
There are quite a few layers to this question so let me try and address them layer by layer. Also just for the record - this is my 2 cents and I am sure someone else will have a different opinion.

1) All flights are suspended in India till April 15th - Yes but keep in mind that this suspension can be extended unless the situation changes drastically both within and outside the country. From the looks of - I doubt we will be anywhere close to done with this pandemic mid-April so chances are this suspension of flights will continue beyond April 15th and on that account itself I would contact IRCC and let them know it is not possible for you to travel right now and ask how they can defer the landing process.

2) Location - Where are you planning to land? Where are you planning to eventually settle? These are important considerations. Remember that for the first 3 months after you land, you will not have access to to Canada's health care system unless you purchase it privately - which is very expensive. Ontario has waived this amid the ongoing crisis so if Ontario is your destination you may not have to purchase private health care. Even then I am not aware of the bells and whistles attached to this and if Ontario is not your destination then I would think really hard of whether I really need to move right away.

3) Job Market - This is never quite easy to answer but most companies currently have a hiring freeze right now. Will the situation get better in a month? Maybe but unlikely. The situation is changing drastically everyday here and the measure are getting stricter, not easier. I hope for the best but it just doesn't look like we wile be out of this anytime soon.

4) Travels - Regarding your travel from airpor to hotel/airbnb answer, yes - that is still feasible. But Canada has imposed a mandatory quarantine for 14 days so even when you get here you will have to be in quarantine for 14 days before you can go out for the essential services such as opening bank accounts, applying for SIN, health insurance etc (at least that's my understanding).

I understand this is in no way an easy decision and there maybe several other factors that you have to take into consideration before making this decision. But unless you absolutely have to - I think you should wait. If you explain this to IRCC, I am sure they will figure out an alternative. This just is the worst time for this but we are all in together. Hope things work out for you. Stay safe, stay indoors!
Thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate it, as it did make me go through the pros and cons and I have decided to mail CIC about not being able to travel due to the current situation and whenever they decide to get back to me on the further steps to be taken I’ll see what best can be done. Hoping for the best for everyone here and all over the world. Stay safe, stay home and stay healthy. Thank you once again for your valuable response. It really did help me in making a decision as to what’s the best to be done in the current situation. Take care.

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate it, as it did make me go through the pros and cons and I have decided to mail CIC about not being able to travel due to the current situation and whenever they decide to get back to me on the further steps to be taken I’ll see what best can be done. Hoping for the best for everyone here and all over the world. Stay safe, stay home and stay healthy. Thank you once again for your valuable response. It really did help me in making a decision as to what’s the best to be done in the current situation. Take care.
I am glad I could be of help. I hope this situation gets better soon so you can start your new life in Canada. We will get out of this eventually. All the Best!

Reactions: Mapleleaf14

smpbcpr

Feb 7, 2020
Hi All,
AOR - 4/May/2019
NDVO
Hi,

I am also in the same situation, My CoPR will expire on 27th April. I have raised a webform stating that I will not be able to travel and got a very generic response. Also many carriers donot have any flights operating in April, for ex: Air Canada has suspended their flights for April. I have also written to NDVO and waiting for a response.

I think even if the lockdown is lifted, there might still be a ban on international flights operations. Europe and US are now the epicenter of this pandemic. I saw that Japan has banned flights from Europe, US and Canada and many countries might follow the same approach. I hope we get some positive response on this from IRCC for situation like ours.

Below is the response I received for the Webform

Reply from IRCC

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Coronavirus - Approved PRs
We verified the information you provided. The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the new coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on IRCC clients.
If you are outside Canada:
On March 20, 2020, the Government of Canada provided updates on exemptions to travel restrictions in place to stop the spread of the coronavirus and protect the health and safety of Canadians.
If you were approved for permanent residence before the travel restrictions were announced on March 16, 2020, but have not landed yet, you will be able to come to Canada. The travel restriction exemptions that were announced are now in place. If you’re exempt, you can now travel to Canada.
If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check before you’re allowed to board your flight. Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.
When you arrive in Canada we’ll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. You must isolate for 14 days even if you have no symptoms. This is mandatory.
Only people who provide essential services and truck drivers who regularly cross the border to maintain the flow of goods are exempt from the isolation requirements.
We invite you to consult the How COVID-19 is affecting business at IRCC page to answer your most common questions about travel restrictions and exemptions.

If you are inside Canada:
We understand that these measures will affect several IRCC clients, including those who have received a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and are currently inside Canada.
Validating a COPR at a Port of Entry (POE)
· Due to the current travel restrictions, you should not travel to a POE to validate your COPR.
· Travelling to a POE from inside Canada for the purpose of getting immigration services is not considered essential travel, and you will not receive these services.

Appointment at a local IRCC office
· All in-person permanent resident landing appointments at the local IRCC offices have been cancelled.
· We are looking into alternative means to provide permanent resident landing services, including possibly by telephone.
· You will be contacted directly to reschedule your appointment.
· Local offices are reduced to critical services, therefore, no appointments can be scheduled at this time.

What happens next?
· Maintaining a legal temporary resident status is an important requirement. If your status is about to expire, you must apply online for an extension (visitor, student or worker).
· We invite you to visit our website regularly to receive up-to-date information as more announcements are made.

Please be assured that we continue to closely monitor the situation closely and will provide you with the most current information as the situation evolves.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I clicked on the link "How COVID-19 is affecting business at IRCC" and found the below

When will the exemptions be in place? Should people being exempt rush to Canada immediately?
Temporary foreign workers, some international students and approved permanent residents who haven’t yet landed are now able to enter Canada.

The travel restriction exemptions that were announced are now in place. If you’re exempt, you can now travel to Canada.
If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check before you’re allowed to board your flight. Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.
When you arrive in Canada we’ll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. You must isolate for 14 days even if you have no symptoms. This is mandatory.
Only people who provide essential services and truck drivers who regularly cross the border to maintain the flow of goods are exempt from the isolation requirements.

With travel restrictions in place in many countries around the world and international air travel reduced during the COVID-19 outbreak, we don’t recommend that those who are exempt from travel restrictions immediately try to travel to Canada.

Sureshmanokar

Oct 23, 2019
Hi,

My AOR: May-2019 & Work-Permit expires on 30-Apr-20.

Should I apply for extension of Work-Permit – ONLINE or In-Person@Port ofEntry (at any border) ??

Any suggestions?
You are eligible to apply for the open bridging work permit. Please check you AOR letter and it’s mentioned there. If your R10 completeness check is OK then they will issue the permit valid for one year.

gabricar

Mar 24, 2020
Is anyone getting updates this week? I sent them another email last week and got a generic reply... My application is stuck in medical exam approved since July 10th... my medical will expire soon...

macaq

Dec 3, 2019
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-06-2019
Passport Req..
18-11-2020
Is anyone getting updates this week? I sent them another email last week and got a generic reply... My application is stuck in medical exam approved since July 10th... my medical will expire soon...
I had a Ghost Update yesterday. Mexico City office. My medicals are expiring on May 10th.

macaq

Dec 3, 2019
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-06-2019
Passport Req..
18-11-2020
How do you know the office?
I called CIC in Ottawa and they told me it was transferred to Mexico. You can also figure it out through the GCMS Notes.

Devilsree

Jul 16, 2019
@legalfalcon

Hi legalfalcon/ members, I hate tagging people for answers but sorry as there is no other go for me.

I have applied GCMS on Dec and got it today which is showing as
Integrated Search (FOSS/GCMS): PA: Not in Status. And case analyst’s recommendation as Officer please review FOSS.

I did my research and understood it is filing all immigration info related to Canada. But this is my first time applying to Canada. So could you please help me understand this. Thank you