+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>May 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

ViniB

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
Will there be an email to notify this?
No, that is why it is a "ghost update". You don't receive anything by email, you would only find out about it by signing in in your account. Then, when you actually access your account, there is no apparent change. This is a ghost update, and nobody really knows what they actually mean. It is speculated that GU comes after some internal movement in your file (eligibility passed, or background check passed) and usually happens when your application is soon to be approved.

Kirthika N

Nov 4, 2019
No, that is why it is a "ghost update". You don't receive anything by email, you would only find out about it by signing in in your account. Then, when you actually access your account, there is no apparent change. This is a ghost update, and nobody really knows what they actually mean. It is speculated that GU comes after some internal movement in your file (eligibility passed, or background check passed) and usually happens when your application is soon to be approved.
Thank you for the clarification!

hbrsid86

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
I was just slightly disappointed when my 6 months were over 2 days ago and the only update was that it can take longer. Thankfully, I received the PPR today.

aks007

Nov 15, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have been following this forum since May.
Finally got my PR approval email.

ITA Mar 07
AOR May 14
Ghost update Ist 13th Nov
Ghost update 2nd 14th Nov
PPR email 15th Nov
( Primary India and Dependent USA )

Thank you all for help!

Reactions: sourabsharma2012
Jul 16, 2019
Hi Guys,

ITA Mar 07
AOR May 14
PPR email 15th Nov

Thank you all for help!
Congrats :) When did you got email ? IST time ?

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
Hi Guys,

ITA Mar 07
AOR May 14
PPR email 15th Nov

Thank you all for help!
Did you call them to ask what the ghost update was about?

Congrats and all the best to your new life in Canada!

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
How to contact them :

Install TextNow app, yes the purple colour app icon
Register with a Canadian area code to generate a Canadian phone number for yourself. I used 416 but got a number with 647. Refer this https://www.allareacodes.com/canadian_area_codes.htm
Tap the call icon to invoke keypad
Paste this number +1 (888) 242-2100 and call
Key inputs : 1>1>2>2(Application starting with E)>enter your application number followed by #>1>YearOfBirth>1>1>says “unable to verify”...wait...>0>says your waiting time
Put on speaker mode and cook an omelette while you wait for your turn. I had to wait around 30 minutes. The music is quite nice.
Agent greets in English and French and introduces herself/himself.
Asks your name. Reads out your phone number asks to verify. Asks your DOB, country of birth, to say your communication address, UCI.
Asks your query
Puts you on hold
Answers your query very politely and with full of hope. You’ll know what I mean when you speak to one.
Hi.I tried calling as u mentioned above.But it says due to high volume of calls presently we are unable to transver ur call to an agent.U may try calling later.It does not give any waiting time.Neither i heard any music.There was silence and call was still going on.What it cud be?

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
Hi guys.I managed to call the ircc agent.Bad news is she told that my eligibility is under review.Background check is going on.So does that mean its going to take much time.My aor is 2 may 2019.

rcsan

Feb 22, 2019
I was just slightly disappointed when my 6 months were over 2 days ago and the only update was that it can take longer. Thankfully, I received the PPR today.
Congratulations!

I'm also currently waiting for PPR.
Here is my timeline for anyone interested (because I personally find it incredibly helpful AND re-assuring when I see somebody else's timeline.)

AOR - May 17, 2019
MEP - June 28, 2019
No update ever since.
I called them about 3 weeks ago to follow up on the progress of my application and they told me that they are currently undergoing security check and processing my eligibility.

I now only have 2 days left on my application according to the timeline bar on my account and still no updates.
Hopefully all is well.

Looking forward to seeing everybody else's timeline!