+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>May 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
Hi guys.I managed to call the ircc agent.Bad news is she told that my eligibility is under review.Background check is going on.So does that mean its going to take much time.My aor is 2 may 2019.
That's not bad news. It's under review does not mean it is review required. It just means that they are finally processing your eligibility. Expect good news soon this month.

Reactions: Wishcan

P776

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hi,

I completed 6 months yesterday after my AOR.
I called CIC in last week and they said the eligibility is pending for review and nothing else is even started.

Now after completing 6 months, I heard that we get an automated email saying that the application is still in progress.

After completing my 6 months yesterday, I even not received any automated email too.

Friends, please tell me how long it takes to get that automated email?

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
Hi,

I completed 6 months yesterday after my AOR.
I called CIC in last week and they said the eligibility is pending for review and nothing else is even started.

Now after completing 6 months, I heard that we get an automated email saying that the application is still in progress.

After completing my 6 months yesterday, I even not received any automated email too.

Friends, please tell me how long it takes to get that automated email?
No such thing as an automated e-mail. If it happens. Very rarely. But don't expect any. What you should expect is that your application is likely to be concluded by late this month.

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
H
That's not bad news. It's under review does not mean it is review required. It just means that they are finally processing your eligibility. Expect good news soon this month.
Honestly I dont remember whether she said under review or review required.She was speaking so softly.I was finding it very difficult to understand her words.But your words sound really soothing to me.I wish what u say is correct.Thanks a lot.Btw can we call again after a week or so.Does it go against us I called for tue first time today.She was asking whether I called for the first time ir have called before.THANKS FOR RESPONSE.It matters a lot at this stage.We all without knowing each other are helping by guiding and encouraging .Thats so beautifully humane.

P776

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hi...
Any inland express entry candidate having AOR 15th May or before .... and stuck at eligibility review :(

Then we are in same unfortunate boat ... :(

I heard Ottawa processing is fast but inland applications are processed in Edmonton... where the processing takes much more time comparatively

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
H

Honestly I dont remember whether she said under review or review required.She was speaking so softly.I was finding it very difficult to understand her words.But your words sound really soothing to me.I wish what u say is correct.Thanks a lot.Btw can we call again after a week or so.Does it go against us I called for tue first time today.She was asking whether I called for the first time ir have called before.THANKS FOR RESPONSE.It matters a lot at this stage.We all without knowing each other are helping by guiding and encouraging .Thats so beautifully humane.
Yea you can call again next week. No harm in clarifying. I'm also beyond my timeline by 13 days now. So we are all in the same anxious boat. It'll be resolved this month.

Reactions: Wishcan

hbrsid86

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
Congratulations!

I'm also currently waiting for PPR.
Here is my timeline for anyone interested (because I personally find it incredibly helpful AND re-assuring when I see somebody else's timeline.)

AOR - May 17, 2019
MEP - June 28, 2019
No update ever since.
I called them about 3 weeks ago to follow up on the progress of my application and they told me that they are currently undergoing security check and processing my eligibility.

I now only have 2 days left on my application according to the timeline bar on my account and still no updates.
Hopefully all is well.

Looking forward to seeing everybody else's timeline!
Thank you! I was a little disheartened myself since I got no ghost email(s) that everyone kept talking about. So I was worried that maybe it hasn't made any progress. I was just in the process of sending the form to get the GCMS notes for it when I got the email. So don't be worried about it, hopefully you'll hear something very soon as well! Best of luck!

Reactions: rcsan

hbrsid86

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
Where did u get this update that it may take longer?
It was the standard update that you will see after you cross the estimated 6 months timeline. This update was not through email but just in my application. Even after receiving the email for the PPR the status there is still the same.

hbrsid86

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
Congrats!You are of which country and what was your visa office?
Thanks man! I'm from Pakistan but a UAE resident and the visa office is Abu Dhabi I suppose.

Jpsingh77

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Hi Wishcan,

Unless I am mistaken, isn't your application also with NDVO, like me?
Did you call the CIC in Canada or the NDVO for this update on your application?
If NDVO, can you kindly share the contact number where you called them?

I am asking this because when I had called up CIC in Canada, the agent wasn't able to provide me any update other than that my VO is New Delhi. She said since my file is getting processed outside Canada, she doesn't have any info.

Thanks.

H

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hi,

AOR - May 14th so I completed 6 months yesterday. Got the standard update that my application is taking longer than usual to process.

Application status says:
Background check: We are processing your background check.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements.
Medical passed, Bio metrics completed, interview not required, no additional documents requested.

I have to say I was disheartened when the 6 months timeline was crossed but thought I will check in here and see if this is something to be worried about. Have considered raising a webform or even ordering GCMS notes but not sure if its time to raise the panic alarms yet. My only concern is that my biometrics was updated on July 11th and since then its been 4 months and I haven't received any new updates. Should I be concerned at this stage or this is part of the normal process and due to the volume processing times are just longer now?

Newbie35

Sep 27, 2018
I crossed the 6 months processing time on 6th November and so, i raised a webform and this is what i just received. Waiting is not an easy thin to do:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that the agent who responded to you on November 14, 2019, took the appropriate actions to follow up on your request.

If you do not receive more information or a decision by December 14, 2019, we invite you to contact us again by using the IRCC Web form available on our website.

Furthermore, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

· Your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

• Your application meets the eligibility requirementsunder the immigration program for which you have applied.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

i.grace

Oct 22, 2018
Received the PPR email today. Details below:

FSW - Outland
Resident - UAE
Nationality - Indian
Travel history - South East Asia, Canada
No dependents

AOR: 15 May 2019
Medicals passed: 21 June 2019
Biometrics invitiation letter: 26 June 2019
Biometrics submission date: 29 June 2019
PPR email: 14 Nov 2019 (12:06 AM IST)
(I didn't see any ghost updates but I may have just missed them. I think my visa office is Ottawa - but I only have an email at this point and am not very sure how to tell what my visa office is.)

This forum has been very helpful and has really helped me keep patient. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

JNS1214

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
@Jpsingh77 My AOR is 7th May. I called at IRCC somewhere on august and came to know that my file is at NDVO so they dont have access to my file and told me to contact NDVO. When I called at NDVO Automated machine says they dont provide any information for IMMIGRATION/ PR APPLICATION. last week I raised a WEBFORM and waiting for the response for any updates. I dont have any information about my status.

Reactions: Jpsingh77

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
Hi Wishcan,

Unless I am mistaken, isn't your application also with NDVO, like me?
Did you call the CIC in Canada or the NDVO for this update on your application?
If NDVO, can you kindly share the contact number where you called them?

I am asking this because when I had called up CIC in Canada, the agent wasn't able to provide me any update other than that my VO is New Delhi. She said since my file is getting processed outside Canada, she doesn't have any info.

Thanks.
Hi !I called on +1 8882422100.This is no of ircc canada.I called from text now app.That lady didnt tell me any such thing that my file is processed out of India so she cant tell me the details.I am not sure if my visa office.I really made a mistake of not asking her my vo.I am thinking if calling again aftersome days.