+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>May 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

MandBi

Aug 19, 2019
I have same situation. Tell agent what you know. Then what you want to know. And say any other useful information that they can provide will be extremely helpful.
You can ask specifically about background, eligibility, security and criminality.

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
UCI No. You have to enter before getting connected to an agent. You will know when to as you follow the instructions. Agent asks Name, DOB, postal Address and then asks for your query.[/Q
Can we call from India in this no?Do they pick international calls?

Last edited:

MandBi

Aug 19, 2019
Application No. You have to enter before getting connected to an agent. You will know when to as you follow the instructions. Agent asks UCI, Name, DOB, postal Address and then asks for your query.

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Please could you suggest what should be asked so that we get the information we seek. As on today everything is in progress. No change in status after medicals and biometrics
Hey

I just got off a call to IRCC (+1 (888) 242-2100) via TextMe app on iPhone.

Got hold of an agent, after following the prompts to input data. I had to wait a minute after those prompts finally gave me the option to speak with an agent.

Right away I specifically asked whether I passed Eligibility and Security. Unfortunately, I hadn’t but I was that specific since I already knew that I had passed Criminality last August. I also asked if my file’s moved processing offices — that too hasn’t changed.

The agent was empathetic enough to say “This is the hardest part of the application process, the waiting time.”

I called this time of day as recommended by others in this forum. As mentioned, the wait was about 1 minute after all routine prompts.

Reactions: ptitfemme

IhsanMalik

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Hey

I just got off a call to IRCC (+1 (888) 242-2100) via TextMe app on iPhone.

Got hold of an agent, after following the prompts to input data. I had to wait a minute after those prompts finally gave me the option to speak with an agent.

Right away I specifically asked whether I passed Eligibility and Security. Unfortunately, I hadn’t but I was that specific since I already knew that I had passed Criminality last August. I also asked if my file’s moved processing offices — that too hasn’t changed.

The agent was empathetic enough to say “This is the hardest part of the application process, the waiting time.”

I called this time of day as recommended by others in this forum. As mentioned, the wait was about 1 minute after all routine prompts.
@phlilpnze , that's quite informative. Will do the same. What i syour AOR date please?

Reactions: phl2019

homosapien2canada

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-05-2019
Passport Req..
17-12-2019
ITA: May
AOR: 21 May

I just got off the phone with an IRCC officer. Criminality and Medical passed since July. Eligibility and Security not started. I doubt I’ll be receiving the golden email anytime soon.

MandBi

Aug 19, 2019
How to call IRCC from India

• Install TextNow app, yes the purple colour app icon
  • Register with a Canadian area code to generate a Canadian phone number for yourself. I used 416 but got a number with 647. Refer this https://www.allareacodes.com/canadian_area_codes.htm
  • Tap the call icon to invoke keypad
  • Paste this number +1 (888) 242-2100 and call
  • Key inputs : 1>1>2>2(Application starting with E)>enter your application number followed by #>1>YearOfBirth>1>1>says “unable to verify”...wait...>0>says your waiting time
  • Put on speaker mode and cook an omelette while you wait for your turn. I had to wait around 30 minutes. The music is quite nice.
  • Agent greets in English and French and introduces herself/himself.
  • Asks your name. Reads out your phone number asks to verify. Asks your DOB, country of birth, to say your communication address, UCI.
  • Asks your query
  • Puts you on hold
  • Answers your query very politely and with full of hope. You’ll know what I mean when you speak to one.

Last edited:
Reactions: simwas and Wishcan

ishap

Mar 26, 2019
Hi guys,
I raised a webform last week asking about my status and this is what i received in pdf file.

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the
following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if
applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us
immediately via the IRCC Web Form with details concerning your situation.”
STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION
If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via the IRCC Web Form.
 Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;
 Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
 Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
 You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.
STEP 2: DETERMINE IF YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT(S)
 Determine if you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa or an Electronic Travel
Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada, by checking this website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp.
 If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to
submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. To avoid complications with international
travel, it is recommended that your passport(s) be valid for at least 6 months. Your passport must have at least two
blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child. Please
note that you STILL need to submit the passport even if:
o You have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa.
o You are a permanent resident of the U.S.A AND holder of passport from countries whose citizens need a
visa to travel to Canada.
 If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of
passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages
containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your
original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.
If you are currently residing in Canada and you intend to travel by air to another country prior to becoming a
permanent resident, you will be required to apply and obtain an eTA prior to boarding.
***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of
Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***
STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
1. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at
www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
3. One pre-paid return envelope so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence
documents. See Step 4 for instructions regarding the return envelope.
4. The completed and signed Annex A listing your current mailing address.
STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS
 If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required
documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please inform us
immediately via the IRCC Web Form so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa
office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside
North America.
 If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to
a Canadian address via any other courier.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 8781
Ottawa, ON K1G 4B9
DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.
 If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
- The Self-Addressed pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the
U.S.A.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1
COMPLETE ANNEX A FOUND AT THE END OF THIS DOCUMENT AND SUBMIT IT WITH YOUR
DOCUMENTS.
Regards,
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada
www.cic.gc.ca
There are free online and in-person services offered by designated settlement service providers that you and
your family may be able to access to help prepare you for life in Canada. Visit our website to learn more
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp.

Is this PPR?

MandBi

Aug 19, 2019
Hi guys,
I raised a webform last week asking about my status and this is what i received in pdf file.

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the
following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if
applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us
immediately via the IRCC Web Form with details concerning your situation.”
STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION
If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via the IRCC Web Form.
 Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;
 Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
 Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
 You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.
STEP 2: DETERMINE IF YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT(S)
 Determine if you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa or an Electronic Travel
Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada, by checking this website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp.
 If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to
submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. To avoid complications with international
travel, it is recommended that your passport(s) be valid for at least 6 months. Your passport must have at least two
blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child. Please
note that you STILL need to submit the passport even if:
o You have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa.
o You are a permanent resident of the U.S.A AND holder of passport from countries whose citizens need a
visa to travel to Canada.
 If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of
passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages
containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your
original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.
If you are currently residing in Canada and you intend to travel by air to another country prior to becoming a
permanent resident, you will be required to apply and obtain an eTA prior to boarding.
***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of
Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***
STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
1. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at
www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
3. One pre-paid return envelope so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence
documents. See Step 4 for instructions regarding the return envelope.
4. The completed and signed Annex A listing your current mailing address.
STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS
 If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required
documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please inform us
immediately via the IRCC Web Form so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa
office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside
North America.
 If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to
a Canadian address via any other courier.
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 8781
Ottawa, ON K1G 4B9
DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.
 If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
- The Self-Addressed pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the
U.S.A.
CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1
COMPLETE ANNEX A FOUND AT THE END OF THIS DOCUMENT AND SUBMIT IT WITH YOUR
DOCUMENTS.
Regards,
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada
www.cic.gc.ca
There are free online and in-person services offered by designated settlement service providers that you and
your family may be able to access to help prepare you for life in Canada. Visit our website to learn more
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp.

Is this PPR?
Looks like. Yayyyyy. AOR?

ishap

Mar 26, 2019
Looks like. Yayyyyy. AOR?
AOR was 30 May. but my file was on hold since i was pregant that time and couldnt finish my medicals. I submitted my medicals on 15th August.

I am so glad this is PPR. But now I have a question, my newborn doesnt have passport yet, so what can i do regarding that? She was born here.