+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>May 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Quick question - if I know my visa office, can I call them for a status update? I understand the IRCC number is out of bounds for those outside Canada but even using Textnow can be a long wait. Wondering if visa office can provide updates or only IRCC can?

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Quick question - if I know my visa office, can I call them for a status update? I understand the IRCC number is out of bounds for those outside Canada but even using Textnow can be a long wait. Wondering if visa office can provide updates or only IRCC can?
No, most Visa office won't take the call. You can try webform to your lcoal office

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Sigh - I guess there is nothing else to do but wait then. Thanks for the quick response though.
I know....have no idea why it takes so long :(

GCMS is the best to know why you are still waiting...my reason is super slow office at Sydney CIO (unlucky)

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
I know....have no idea why it takes so long :(

GCMS is the best to know why you are still waiting...my reason is super slow office at Sydney CIO (unlucky)
I have raised a webform - awaiting response. I know my visa office is LA but there is no indication that they are necessarily slow.

I am just worried they might reject my application after all this time. After more than 6 months of submitting it - that would be a real letdown.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
I have raised a webform - awaiting response. I know my visa office is LA but there is no indication that they are necessarily slow.

I am just worried they might reject my application after all this time. After more than 6 months of submitting it - that would be a real letdown.
sure, order GCMS asap....the note will show everything either they reject or review required or just plain waiting

a peace of mind

Reactions: faridbaig

rcsan

Feb 22, 2019
It takes one month to email me back,,,,The note generated a few days after your order.
Hi, what do you mean by it takes one month to e-mail you back? Say I order it today, does that mean I have to wait a month to get the notes?

metemo

Nov 6, 2019
Hi everyone! My 6 month was Nov 1... still waiting. However, I have been laid off and my last day is now Dec 13. I'm hoping the golden email will come through before then, but if it doesn't, do I have to let the CIC know? Or is it ok? Will it impact my application? (Express entry)

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Hi, what do you mean by it takes one month to e-mail you back? Say I order it today, does that mean I have to wait a month to get the notes?
Yes, you will wait one month to receive the note which generated earlier lol

If you order today, the note probably generates on Nov 25 and you will receive it on December 21.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Hi everyone! My 6 month was Nov 1... still waiting. However, I have been laid off and my last day is now Dec 13. I'm hoping the golden email will come through before then, but if it doesn't, do I have to let the CIC know? Or is it ok? Will it impact my application? (Express entry)
I don't think you need to let CIC know...everything is locked on AOR day

May_AOR

Nov 19, 2019
Hi All,

Need your advice

My AOR is May 24

I called CIC today and was told "Criminality is passed, Eligibility under review and Background check not started". Does this indicate a problem that Eligibility is under review?

VO is Montreal. FSW-O, Indian citizen in US

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hi All,

Need your advice

My AOR is May 24

I called CIC today and was told "Criminality is passed, Eligibility under review and Background check not started". Does this indicate a problem that Eligibility is under review?

VO is Montreal. FSW-O, Indian citizen in US
No - don't believe there is any problem with that. It just means they haven't verified your eligibility yet. It's just another one of those standard responses - gives you a little more insight but there is no good or bad news in that. Definitely no bad news.

May_AOR

Nov 19, 2019
No - don't believe there is any problem with that. It just means they haven't verified your eligibility yet. It's just another one of those standard responses - gives you a little more insight but there is no good or bad news in that. Definitely no bad news.
I really hope so

I was thinking maybe "Under review" is same as "Review required" which I think takes quite long

bucknguyen

Jun 18, 2019
Hello, I hope you can answer my question cuz i'm quite confused now.

My AOR is May 15th. My last ghost update was a week ago. I raised a webform requesting the status of my application and receive the following answer:

"We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
  • Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
· The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid."
With that, I think my application is good. Yet, a week has passed but no PPR email (I checked spam folder). Is there any other step do you think i'm stuck at?

Thank you.

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
It takes one month to email me back,,,,The note generated a few days after your order.
Gcms notes are received by mail ir in our portal?Are there different agencies providing the notes?Like I found on my immitracker site and various others.
If I order then it will come to the email I provided or to my agents?
Thanks for reading so many queries.Actually my agent is reluctant to order them.He is telling me to wait.I am thinking of doing it myself.