Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Filling up my application and need your help on the same.

My birth name had only a first name 'Dara' and no last name - I legally changed my name in 2009 through legal affidavit (India) to 'Dara Bendre'. Now when I try to fill my previous name it does not allow me to proceed without entering both first name and last name. I have tried to research on the CIC site as well as other forums but the responses are varied. Can you pls help and let me know what to input for my old first name and last name.

Should I write -
(1) first name 'Dara' and last name 'Dara'
(2) first name 'Dara' and last name 'NA'
(3) first name 'Dara' and last name 'Not Applicable'
(4) first name 'NA' and last name 'Dara'
(5) first name 'Not applicable' and last name 'Dara'
.. any other?

Thanks in advance
See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4

Your surname is your family name. It is also called your “last name.” When filling out applications, type your surname as it appears on your passport, travel or identity document.

Do not use initials.

If you do not have a family name on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field and leave the given name field blank. Do not enter “Not applicable,” “*” or “NA.”

Was this answer useful?

DaraBendre

Apr 12, 2019
See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4

Your surname is your family name. It is also called your “last name.” When filling out applications, type your surname as it appears on your passport, travel or identity document.

Do not use initials.

If you do not have a family name on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field and leave the given name field blank. Do not enter “Not applicable,” “*” or “NA.”

Was this answer useful?
@legalfalcon thanks.. But the system does not allow me to leave the given name field blank.. so not sure how to proceed

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon thanks.. But the system does not allow me to leave the given name field blank.. so not sure how to proceed
The IRCC link states:

If you cannot leave a filed blank, enter your given name in both the fields.
After you file your application, send a CSE and inform IRCC of the issue.

canada_krmir

May 25, 2019
Just submitted my application on 23rd May. Is there any specific WHATSAPP GROUP where i can post queries and understand how the system works after payment is made on immigration site and what are the steps thereafter and where on the imigration profile does one see these steps?

MiteshDodia

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Just submitted my application on 23rd May. Is there any specific WHATSAPP GROUP where i can post queries and understand how the system works after payment is made on immigration site and what are the steps thereafter and where on the imigration profile does one see these steps?

I submitted on 23rd May. Can you add me in Whats app group.

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
@legalfalcon Filling up my application and need your help on the same.

My birth name had only a first name 'Dara' and no last name - I legally changed my name in 2009 through legal affidavit (India) to 'Dara Bendre'. Now when I try to fill my previous name it does not allow me to proceed without entering both first name and last name. I have tried to research on the CIC site as well as other forums but the responses are varied. Can you pls help and let me know what to input for my old first name and last name.

Should I write -
(1) first name 'Dara' and last name 'Dara'
(2) first name 'Dara' and last name 'NA'
(3) first name 'Dara' and last name 'Not Applicable'
(4) first name 'NA' and last name 'Dara'
(5) first name 'Not applicable' and last name 'Dara'
.. any other?

Thanks in advance
Dara will go in last/ name
Can you add me too, thanks!