Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Unfortunately not. We called CIC a few days after reaching 12 months and they said the same thing as in January (only final DM missing, everything else done). Our file has not been transferred anywhere either.
Did you order gcmś notes?

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
No, we did not. Does it usually accelerate anything or it's just for obtaining more information?
Can an MP get the same type of information as in the notes?
It does not really accelerate the processing time but it provides you the accurate information.
MP?

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
The MP is not likely to have seen your notes. The notes contain a lot of information — all interactions and comments officers have had when opening or working on your file, with dates. A request takes at least a month to process and the notes can be dozens of pages long.
No, we did not. Does it usually accelerate anything or it's just for obtaining more information?
Can an MP get the same type of information as in the notes?

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
(Some people say ordering them can help move along a stuck file, since they have to open up your file to copy the notes and may update any outstanding parts of the case when they do. No way to know if that’s true, but you can at least learn when/if your file has been worked on, and you may learn what’s been holding up further processing or completion)

garydee

Mar 30, 2018
It does not really accelerate the processing time but it provides you the accurate information.
MP?
Member of parliament. Apparently they can help to find out the status of overdue applications with more details and faster than we can usually achieve on our own. But I'm not sure if they have any additional influence in the outcome.

pavanvulli

Star Member
May 11, 2018
Member of parliament. Apparently they can help to find out the status of overdue applications with more details and faster than we can usually achieve on our own. But I'm not sure if they have any additional influence in the outcome.
Gary did you get DM on your side yet.? You mentioned earlier you got Sa from your wife’s side. Are you still waiting for DM on your side?

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
I don't think so. I do not hold much information on this so i will not be able to guide on this. However, according to me no one outside IRCC can have access to your information with your consent, so i guess the only accurate way is to order notes.

garydee

Mar 30, 2018
Gary did you get DM on your side yet.? You mentioned earlier you got Sa from your wife’s side. Are you still waiting for DM on your side?
We only have AIP, SA and sponsor's DM (since January). PA side still in process, but when we call them, they say everything is finished and that our file is just waiting for final review (?), which supposedly is the very last step before DM. The problem is that they are saying the same thing since January and now we are soon completing 13 months and nothing seems to be changing... No idea why we are stuck in this step since January.

Reactions: jojo2969

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.