+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***MAY 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Maria84

Jan 21, 2019
My sponsorship application was received on May 17 .. after medical results no update yet except there was an update in myCIC saying application updated.
Anyone having similar timeline as mine ??
I'm may 11 and nothing yet after "medical received"

Jp15

Feb 7, 2019
Final update (May 14th app) - had my landing interview today. It was a very quick, completely painless experience. And hey, I'm a PR now! Good luck to you all on your journey - this forum was super helpful for me throughout this process, and I hope to still be helpful wherever I can be.

Cheers!
Congratulations! Which office?

jk9900

Dec 3, 2017
Hi did you send any updated forms? or all by itself you got information saying your file has been updated. I have send one updated form my representative has sent it but after I got the job in Nov but I didn't get any update from CIC saying they have received or anything.My file was received by CIC on 9th of May and got medicals on 4th of Oct nothing after that, Background checks started on 4th of May.
No we sent nothing as of now just updated our application with RCMP fingerprint check doc in Oct/Nov

amandabear9

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-05-2018
AOR Received.
10-06-2018
Med's Request
11-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
Final update (May 14th app) - had my landing interview today. It was a very quick, completely painless experience. And hey, I'm a PR now! Good luck to you all on your journey - this forum was super helpful for me throughout this process, and I hope to still be helpful wherever I can be.

Cheers!
Awesome news!! Congratulations

Reactions: island_hopper_93

ZahidGani

Star Member
May 30, 2018

Cheers!
How does CIC contact you to arrange the landing interview?
It is via email or a phone call?

Thanks

Addpeace

Jan 17, 2019

Cheers!
Our interview is on Thursday. Any tips? I am extrememly nervous I don't do well with interviews or tests.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Our interview is on Thursday. Any tips? I am extrememly nervous I don't do well with interviews or tests.
It's not an actual relationship interview. Just an appointment.

You give the person your stuff that they asked for in the email, they verify your information, ask the three basic questions (have you committed any crimes, have you ever been denied or asked to leave Canada or any other country, do you have any undeclared dependents), and you get your COPR and off you go. It's ten minutes tops and nothing to worry about.

Reactions: amandabear9

am598107

Jun 17, 2018
Hi everyone,

My fiance (the PA) received a letter on February 1st stating that his eligibility is passed but that a final decision would not be made until all remaining requirements have been met. His medical is passed and the background check has been processing since October (there's literally nothing in his criminal record check).

I received my letter of eligibility being passed on February 7th as a sponsor.

GCKey is still saying they're reviewing his eligibility and the background check is process. ECAS however says I have Decision Made on both sides. Does anyone know how long it's going to take to get the actual final decision? We've got until April 30th (he's here on IEC) so I'm hopeful but I'm pretty confused about when we'll get an answer!

For clarity, our application was received on May 17th, official AOR June 28th.

Any help is very much appreciated!!

hungryr

Jul 10, 2018
Just got a physical mail stating the sponsor eligibility requirements are met.

There is a new line on Sponsor side in ECAS now

Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXX on May 14, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on June 20, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on February 4, 2019 about the decision on your application.

Reactions: amandabear9