+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***MAY 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

ManiHoopes

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Category........
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading for months but I think it is time I write :)

My husband and I applied on May 10, I am the Sponsor and he is the application.

We both have DM in ECAS and I received a SA email on Friday. We have not heard about him yet in letter form. I do not have access to link my account, as my lawyer has not given this information to me.

On ECAS his section looks like this
  1. We received XXX application for permanent residence on May 10, 2018.
  2. We started processing XXX application on January 29, 2019.
  3. We sent XXXX medical instructions on October 4, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.

Is this all good and running smooth? Please let me know your thoughts
Yes, all is good and running smoothly. Your further along that quite a few of us other May applicants, so I wouldn't worry at all :D

island_hopper_93

Jun 18, 2018
Hey folks! Just received the DM letter yesterday, and I guess because I'm in Atlantic Canada, there's no appointment necessary. I think that the combination of the fact that I've been in Canada since I was 18, as well as the fact that I'm in Atlantic Canada (which desperately needs immigrants) sped up the background check, but who knows. Going to go by the office and land on Thursday. Good luck to everyone and I'll update you with what the process looks like!

island_hopper_93

Jun 18, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading for months but I think it is time I write :)

My husband and I applied on May 10, I am the Sponsor and he is the application.

We both have DM in ECAS and I received a SA email on Friday. We have not heard about him yet in letter form. I do not have access to link my account, as my lawyer has not given this information to me.

On ECAS his section looks like this
  1. We received XXX application for permanent residence on May 10, 2018.
  2. We started processing XXX application on January 29, 2019.
  3. We sent XXXX medical instructions on October 4, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.

Is this all good and running smooth? Please let me know your thoughts
That was exactly what was happening for me. Once they sent me and my wife the APR letter (or DM letter - whatever it's called), ECAS updates to reflect that. We got ours yesterday, and my app was submitted May 14 so I'm sure it's close for you!

amandabear9

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-05-2018
AOR Received.
10-06-2018
Med's Request
11-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
Received a Ghost update today!! Figuring the first part of my background check must be done!! Hoping for some good news soon!!

Reactions: melito

ManiHoopes

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Category........
Received a Ghost update today!! Figuring the first part of my background check must be done!! Hoping for some good news soon!!
I got the same thing, it said that there was an update in MyCIC, but when I clicked through, there wasnt anything new. I do vaguely remember this happening once or twice before and there was eventually an update a few days later, so fingers crossed for us both! :)

Reactions: amandabear9

amandabear9

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-05-2018
AOR Received.
10-06-2018
Med's Request
11-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
I got the same thing, it said that there was an update in MyCIC, but when I clicked through, there wasnt anything new. I do vaguely remember this happening once or twice before and there was eventually an update a few days later, so fingers crossed for us both! :)
Fingers crossed!!

amandabear9

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-05-2018
AOR Received.
10-06-2018
Med's Request
11-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
What you mean by ghost update , how you recived the update was it on CIC or any email sent
Mine was on GCkey.. where it normally says "submitted" it had "Application/profile updated" when i clicked on it there was no visable updates for me to see.

Jaiho212

Nov 17, 2018
I don’t have access to mine as I have my lawyers attached to my file
So I might have to wait or have to remove them
From
Representing my file