+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***MAY 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

island_hopper_93

Jun 18, 2018
Yeah I was surprised by how quickly it's come through - just waiting for my DM letter now and then landing! (Though I understand that not everyone receives the DM letter).
Also, is it normal to receive SA/AIP and have ECAS say DM but click through and have no update? Seems odd to me.

pavanvulli

Star Member
May 11, 2018
Hi I am May 9th Applicant, Medical Request 4th Oct, Completed 10th Passed 15th of Oct. Background checks started 4th Oct still going on, Review of eligibility has not started yet. It has been 4 months as of today after Background checks started. I lived in two countries in last 10 years. Does that delay my case? When can I expect for them to start Review of eligibility? Any ideas? Anyone with same timelines still stuck in Background checks?

ManiHoopes

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Category........
Hi I am May 9th Applicant, Medical Request 4th Oct, Completed 10th Passed 15th of Oct. Background checks started 4th Oct still going on, Review of eligibility has not started yet. It has been 4 months as of today after Background checks started. I lived in two countries in last 10 years. Does that delay my case? When can I expect for them to start Review of eligibility? Any ideas? Anyone with same timelines still stuck in Background checks?
I'm in a similar situation, lived in 2 other countries aside from Canada in the last 10 years. I dont have an answer for you, but I do believe my application will probably take the full 12 months because of this.

Also, our timeline is almost the same, aside from the application received date. No news since background check starting back in October.

S2111S

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
I'm in a similar situation, lived in 2 other countries aside from Canada in the last 10 years. I dont have an answer for you, but I do believe my application will probably take the full 12 months because of this.

Also, our timeline is almost the same, aside from the application received date. No news since background check starting back in October.
Hi Manihoopes looks like having lived in multiple countries in the past 10 years is the reason for the longer time taken on Background Check. On a side note, did u have to submit PCC from both countries u had lived ?

CosOr

Feb 1, 2019
I didn’t receive any email yet regarding about AP, but my ecas DM on both side. We only received email regarding about SA.

ManiHoopes

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Category........
Hi Manihoopes looks like having lived in multiple countries in the past 10 years is the reason for the longer time taken on Background Check. On a side note, did u have to submit PCC from both countries u had lived ?
No, I only submitted the one PCC as it was from the country I spent most of my time after turning 18 years old, and I didnt need to submit a Canadian PCC because the IRCC does all that on my behalf, as far as I'm aware.

Reactions: S2111S

pavanvulli

Star Member
May 11, 2018
I have submitted the PCC upfront from both the countries. Still nothing....

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
Hi there,

Just wondering how long before receiving AIP and/or
Just realized my question was incomplete.
My question is to those who have already recieved AIP/SA ... how long before receiving AIP and/or SA, did the status on the CIC website change to we are processing your background check?

Thank you

Feb 4, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading for months but I think it is time I write :)

My husband and I applied on May 10, I am the Sponsor and he is the application.

We both have DM in ECAS and I received a SA email on Friday. We have not heard about him yet in letter form. I do not have access to link my account, as my lawyer has not given this information to me.

On ECAS his section looks like this
  1. We received XXX application for permanent residence on May 10, 2018.
  2. We started processing XXX application on January 29, 2019.
  3. We sent XXXX medical instructions on October 4, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.

Is this all good and running smooth? Please let me know your thoughts