***MAY 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

hungryr

Jul 10, 2018
Sent May 11
Received May 14
Started process/AOR June 20
OWP Aug 21
Medical Request Oct 9th
Medical Done Oct 10th (Panel Physician North York)
Medical Passed Oct 22nd (I just checked by logging in to mycic today, no email update)

hungryr

Jul 10, 2018
My medical was received and accepted on Friday but CIC hasn’t updated anything else. It stills says Background check: not applicable. Is this normal as I see ppl who had their background check started together with their medical request ?
The following is my spouse's status copy and pasted, I don't remember 100% what it was before medical was accepted, but i think background check may be started once medicals are approved?

Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: Ldonasci

Ldonasci

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
Med's Request
03-10-2017
The following is my spouse's status copy and pasted, I don't remember 100% what it was before medical was accepted, but i think background check may be started once medicals are approved?

Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I am hoping mine will be like that in a few days! Thanks

niamahmoud

Jul 16, 2018

Whats your timeline please?

louand

Mar 16, 2018

Mine shows the same but my medical has not been received yet. When i got the email regarding request for medical, background check started showing processing. In my case, background check changed when they sent medical request.

Fofolo

Oct 22, 2018
Hi guys, need some help!

I’m a May applicant, my wife is the sponsor. We received the medical request about a week ago and went to the appointment a couple of days later.
But I just received an email from CIC today, asking for a passport with a longer validity period. Mine is expiring on February 18 2019.

I thought inland applicants don’t have to worry about passport validity?
I can’t do it here in Canada neither, will have to travel back to do it. And they only gave me a month to do so.
What can I do? Thanks

niamahmoud

Jul 16, 2018
Hi guys, need some help!

I’m a May applicant, my wife is the sponsor. We received the medical request about a week ago and went to the appointment a couple of days later.
But I just received an email from CIC today, asking for a passport with a longer validity period. Mine is expiring on February 18 2019.

I thought inland applicants don’t have to worry about passport validity?
I can’t do it here in Canada neither, will have to travel back to do it. And they only gave me a month to do so.
What can I do? Thanks
You have to have a valid passport for the duration of the process. Can’t the embassy in Canada provide a temporary valid passport for the duration of the process?

Fofolo

Oct 22, 2018
I will just have to go back then come back to Canada. My study permit goes till February 18 2019 so it should be good I guess. The only thing is I don’t think the whole passport process will take less than 4 weeks (they gave me up to November 22 to show a new passport); I’m realistically thinking about 6 weeks. Does CIC allow extensions if I asked them?
Thanks

niamahmoud

Jul 16, 2018
I will just have to go back then come back to Canada. My study permit goes till February 18 2019 so it should be good I guess. The only thing is I don’t think the whole passport process will take less than 4 weeks (they gave me up to November 22 to show a new passport); I’m realistically thinking about 6 weeks. Does CIC allow extensions if I asked them?
Thanks
I believe so. I think you can send the extension request they web form. And with a lengthy explanation. But they will only get back to u after 10 days.

Twinky

Sep 20, 2018
Thanks
Hi there,

I believe every country has oversees embassies, try and go to your home country consolute, show the letter from IRCC and they will provide you the new passport as an emergency. I hope these helps

Reactions: started

Kwadwo

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Guys I got another request for PCC even though we submitted one upfront when submitting the application. It’s this normal
My timeline is may 24 App received
AoR July 5
Medicals oct 13

Rickay001

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Guys I got another request for PCC even though we submitted one upfront when submitting the application. It’s this normal
My timeline is may 24 App received
AoR July 5
Medicals oct 13
How did you get the requested email did they started processing your background check as yet