+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***MAY 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Kwadwo

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
That is correct! I called to find out about this since i had to resent my OWP separately due to insufficient funds and the agent said they are separate applications and the PR process goes on as is. So they will be separately processed in their respective times of being received/receiving AOR.
Hey buddy, Any news on your work permit... it’s been two months since I sent it separately to vegrevile....lawyer choices

niamahmoud

Jul 16, 2018
Hey buddy, Any news on your work permit... it’s been two months since I sent it separately to vegrevile....lawyer choices
Hey! No nothing yet! But it’s too early for me since I sent back the app around mid July...so should wait another month as early June are getting their OWP approved now.

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
hjseto and westcoast411 congratulations. We are also around the same timeline.
OWP approved online and updated September 7th, we got the hard copy in the mail sept 11th. You guys should also be getting it very soon. Good luck everyone on your job hunt :)

Reactions: hjseto and parjat93

hjseto

Sep 11, 2018
hjseto and westcoast411 congratulations. We are also around the same timeline.
OWP approved online and updated September 7th, we got the hard copy in the mail sept 11th. You guys should also be getting it very soon. Good luck everyone on your job hunt :)
Thanks csarah15

sourabhkapoor

Jan 28, 2016
I have received open work permit in August.
I need to travel
How do I apply worker visa and how much time will i take?
which form should I fill??

Byezybaybay

Sep 14, 2018
So this may have already been answered, I also didn’t pay the additional $100 for the OWP and had it sent back (PR was fine and received AOR) I paid the additional and resent with the new receipt in mid July, will I receive another AOR seperate for the OWP?

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
So this may have already been answered, I also didn’t pay the additional $100 for the OWP and had it sent back (PR was fine and received AOR) I paid the additional and resent with the new receipt in mid July, will I receive another AOR seperate for the OWP?
No you will not receive a confirmation that they have received your resent application, just a change in status on the CIC website when they start reviewing your application and when final decision. At which point you'll receive an email.

Byezybaybay

Sep 14, 2018
No you will not receive a confirmation that they have received your resent application, just a change in status on the CIC website when they start reviewing your application and when final decision. At which point you'll receive an email.
Oh thank you! So even though I have not received anything for the OWP yet but I have my PR linked online, I can follow the steps to link the OWP now?

Drizzy

Aug 4, 2016
Hi guys,

As I didn’t see a thread yet for those who have started in May 2018 their spousal sponsorship process, I thought it would make sense to start one and follow and support each others’ progress.

My timeline (I’m the sponsor):
Application incl. OWP sent May 1

That’s it for now..

Wishing all May applicants a quick, smooth and successful process!
Hey there! Why do you have to apply for OWP along with the Spouse’s PR Application?

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
Hey there! Why do you have to apply for OWP along with the Spouse’s PR Application?
It is not a must to apply for the OWP along with the PR application. If the principal applicant wishes to work while the PR application is in process then it is advisable to apply for both applications together.

Reactions: IIsahilsaini

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada
Is the PR application process faster for applicants who do not apply for OWP? or they have to also wait for 5 months after AOR without any updates?