Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
Yesterday my status still showed 'SUBMITTED', but when I opened up my application, the eligibility section had changed from 'processing application' to 'reviewing eligibility'. Right now, it still doesn't show the status as approved, but I received a message from CIC in my online account inbox saying it had been approved.
Usually the status changes before you receive an email, at least that's what I thought.

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
Got my OWP today. Nothing on the cic website but the work permit arrived in the mail. Was approved
Congrats :) So the status on the CIC website didn't change? Or any email?

Kwadwo

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Yay finally May 30th applicant here.
AOR - July 11th
OWP approved online - Sept 7th
Long awaited and anticipated :D
Happy for u guys. I don’t even know y my representative decided to send owp separately. I got restored on May 11 before he sent the application. Am may 24 AOR July 5 but insisted we send OWP after AOR Now I guess I have to wait till Oct. meanwhile there is a job position waiting for me...Ah these representatives go kill person

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Do all of the OWP have restrictions? I mean i work in healthcare. Just worried it might apply to everyone
Unfortunately, unless you submitted valid medical exam results up front with your OWP application, it will have restrictions (no healthcare or childcare for example).

duanduan

Aug 14, 2018
OWP was approved!
inland PR + OWP application was received on May 28
AOR- July 10
OWP approved - September 07
I’ve been checking this discussion board all the time and wish all the people good luck! Just one question, my passport is about to expire so the OWP is expired soon too. After I renew the passport, how can I extend the open work permit? Do I apply a new one or I can extend it?

Reactions: Iglet

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
OWP was approved!
inland PR + OWP application was received on May 28
AOR- July 10
OWP approved - September 07
I’ve been checking this discussion board all the time and wish all the people good luck! Just one question, my passport is about to expire so the OWP is expired soon too. After I renew the passport, how can I extend the open work permit? Do I apply a new one or I can extend it?
Congrats ... But if your passport was expiring soon, why did you not apply for/obtain a new one then start this process. This would've saved you a lot more time money and effort. From what I have heard, you do have to apply for a new one.

hjseto

Sep 11, 2018
Hi all, i've been following the posts on this forum for sometime and found it to very helpful, so many thanks to you all for sharing.
As anticipated by the May forum, I got my OWP today. :)

My timeline so far.

UK Applicant
Inland PR + OWP application was received on May 31st
AOR- July 16th
OWP approved - September 11th