+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***MAY 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Toulouse

Aug 9, 2018
Hi everybody,

My OWP arrived in the mail today but says not valid for re-entry at the bottom. Does that mean I cannot leave Canada at all until my PR application is completed?

Please help!

drandhawa1994

Apr 25, 2018
Hi everybody,

My OWP arrived in the mail today but says not valid for re-entry at the bottom. Does that mean I cannot leave Canada at all until my PR application is completed?

Please help!
hi there
my understanding is that its just a document stating your status in canada and authorization to work here but in order to travel leave country and come back you have to apply get visa paper pasted on your passport which will be valid fro travel. i am assuming you are out of status and it says on the most of the immigration documents that not valid for travel. but now you have gained your status you can apply for travel visa. i hope this helps.

Addus

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Inland
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Request
24-09-2018
Med's Done....
25-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-04-2019
hi there
my understanding is that its just a document stating your status in canada and authorization to work here but in order to travel leave country and come back you have to apply get visa paper pasted on your passport which will be valid fro travel. i am assuming you are out of status and it says on the most of the immigration documents that not valid for travel. but now you have gained your status you can apply for travel visa. i hope this helps.
This is correct, the "not valid for reentry" just tells you that the Work Permit alone is not enough, not that if you leave Canada you lose the WP or anything.

You need your Passport, Work Permit and a Visa or eTA to re-enter.
For example I am from an eTA country (UK) and I got my OWP and eTA as part of the same app.

Reactions: SDOUGLAS

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
Hi everybody,

Please help!
Hi there when did CIC receive your application?

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
This is correct, the "not valid for reentry" just tells you that the Work Permit alone is not enough, not that if you leave Canada you lose the WP or anything.

You need your Passport, Work Permit and a Visa or eTA to re-enter.
For example I am from an eTA country (UK) and I got my OWP and eTA as part of the same app.
So would a visitors visa suffice, or would I need to get the work visa stamped if I plan to leave the country for a 2 week trip?

Addus

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Inland
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Request
24-09-2018
Med's Done....
25-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-04-2019
So would a visitors visa suffice, or would I need to get the work visa stamped if I plan to leave the country for a 2 week trip?
Unfortunately I do not know the answer to that question as I am eligible for eTA.
I assume when you get a work permit you get some kind of temporary status as well (TRV/TRP?), perhaps someone else can confirm?

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
Hi there,
I am a newbie here. I will be applying in August 2018. Is this the relevant group for discussion or is there a separate group for August 2018 applications.
If anyone can help me with this question -

The latest Document checklist (updated as of June 2018) asks a new question to the 'sponsor' at the beginning of the checklist -
"The person Iam sponsoring was declared as my spouse or partner and was already examined as a non-accompanying dependent when I applied for a permanent resident visa and did not receive an immigrant visa.(Note: If you have never applied for a permanent resident visa No)

Now, my understanding is it is asking if you were married before you applied for your own PR and your wife was declared as a non-accompanying dependent in your (meaning Husband's) PR application. But what if I was single at the time I received my PR and got married later? Obviously she wasn't part of my PR application. referring to words in the bracket, it says tick NO if you have never applied for a permanent resident visa. what does this mean by IF YOU HAVE NEVER APPLIED FOR A PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA? - Does it ask if I (the sponsor has never applied for a permanent visa) or if I have ever sponsored anyone for a PR visa?

I am confused if I should tick Yes or No.

Thanks!
@canuck_in_uk If you can help as well. Thanks
Hi there, firstly yes I believe there is an august 2018 forum. Secondly from what I understand, its asking when YOU(SPONSOR) applied for PR was the applicant also noted in your application. The last part "(Note: If you have never applied for a permanent resident visa No)" probably refers to those born here or something. Again, this is my understanding of the statement/question. :)

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
Unfortunately I do not know the answer to that question as I am eligible for eTA.
I assume when you get a work permit you get some kind of temporary status as well (TRV/TRP?), perhaps someone else can confirm?
OK thank You :)

Toulouse

Aug 9, 2018
hi there
Thanks for the advice. I entered Canada on a visitors visa in my passport which is valid for seven years and multiple entries ( and did my spousal application since then from inside Canada). Would I be able to re-enter with that?

Additionally my timeline is as follows:
OWP with PR application received: 2 May 2018
AOR: 7 June 2018
OWP approved: 7 August 2018
OWP in mail: 14 August 2018

Al_sen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
12 February applicant Mississauga here I have a issue with the owp after I received a latter saying they start prossessing my case in mach I receive with it my work permit form on top of it my UCI number and they saying I have to pay 100 extra and send the forms and the recipt to Vegreville Alberta and I did 150$ for work permit application and 100 $ extra for my visa extension that in March . In April I receive a letter from them about background check and police certificate and all done July I receive and answer about Owp from vegreville said as a foreign national in Canada who currently does not have valid temporary resident status you are not eligible to an work permit until such time as you receive confirmation that your application for PRwill be processed from within Canada your application for an OWP will be considered at same time as your application for PR and the lettre accepted the OWPwill be issued to you .. last week I received email about the medical exams and that what am going to do during the week am really confused My questions are .. what going to happens with the OWP because I really don’t understand nothing about it And what’s the step after the medical exams and if I have to do and interview that true in same time I got my new statue here as PR and a sin number please I need an answers am really very confused thanks fellas and good luck for all

drandhawa1994

Apr 25, 2018
anyone here received their owp if you were out of status after you aplied? cuj my application was received on May-10-2018 and in june we got AOR and july 30 applicant is out of status which means (Implied status). now we are waiting for OWP approval. does that mean that if the applicant is out of status she wont get OWP?

drandhawa1994

Apr 25, 2018
Thanks for the advice. I entered Canada on a visitors visa in my passport which is valid for seven years and multiple entries ( and did my spousal application since then from inside Canada). Would I be able to re-enter with that?

Additionally my timeline is as follows:
OWP with PR application received: 2 May 2018
AOR: 7 June 2018
OWP approved: 7 August 2018
OWP in mail: 14 August 2018
my understanding is you dont need any further visa to re-enter canada since you already have a valid visitor visa.