Apr 4, 2019
Hey there! Add me to the sheet.

Type: Family (2)
Application received: May 10th, 2018
AOR: July 11
Started processing: August 1
Test Invite: August 8
Test date: September 7

8 months already and still waiting for oath invite. My wedding is by the end of May outside of Canada because the regular processing time was supposed to be 12 months and we thought I would get my passport till then, and I won't be back till December. Was kinda hoping to get my passport before that. Any suggestions on what I should do in this case?

Last edited:

hmel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Hey there! Add me to the sheet.

Type: Family (2)
Application received: May 10th, 2018
AOR: July 11
Started processing: August 1
Test Invite: August 8
Test date: September 7

8 months already and still waiting for oath invite. My wedding is by the end of May outside of Canada because the regular processing time was supposed to be 12 months and we thought I would get my passport till then, and I won't be back till December. Was kinda hoping to get my passport before that. Any suggestions on what I should do in this case?
I am on the exact same boat!!!
I need to travel next month, but i dont think i will ever get oath invite, so i went to renew my current passport. Cant trust CIC's messy process.

hmel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
See here............!
rahulbose said:
Hi,
Please update my status on the September 2018 applicants tab of the worksheet:
Application type: Single
Test Date: April 4th, 2019
Decision made: April 4th, 2019 (at the test location by an officer)
Oath invitation: April 4th, 2019 (at the test location by an officer)
Oath Date: April 5th, 2019 [Scarborough]
This is crazy. Am I the only one in GTA still waiting ??????? It's less than 30 days before hitting 12 months process time

Rose15

Aug 8, 2015
This is crazy. Am I the only one in GTA still waiting ??????? It's less than 30 days before hitting 12 months process time

Same here Im May 11 GTA applicant still waiting for the test invite.. My friend passed her paper on SEPt,received on dec,got exam on March and today oattaking,,,

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
frustrating it is indeed!
Not sure about others but as per my GCMS notes, my background checks won't start until July 2019 and probably that's why i haven't received test invite yet.
I just received my GCMS notes and says a due date for everything of July 2019. What does that mean? Does it mean they wont touch my file till then?

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
I just received my GCMS notes. In the PAPER FILE section it says Location : CEREMONY READY.
Does it mean everything is OK and just waiting for Ceremony? My DM was on Jan 26th.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I just received my GCMS notes and says a due date for everything of July 2019. What does that mean? Does it mean they wont touch my file till then?
It means they are targeting finishing your case by that date, and if they don’t there’s nothing you can do anyway

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
It means they are targeting finishing your case by that date, and if they don’t there’s nothing you can do anyway

Then I guess there is a high chance target wont be achieved as I have not even received my test invite yet and according to my GCMS nothing has been started yet. So sad. I wish I could just stop thinking about it now.

voncritic

Jun 2, 2018
I just had my oath ceremony yesterday (April 5). It was a wonderful experience.

Wishing good luck for those who are still waiting. Hoping that you all receive it soon.

Thanks to this forum for the support during the application process :)

Same here.

I took the citizenship oath in Montreal yesterday.
The ceremony was wonderful.
Best luck to everyone who is waiting.
Many thanks to the forum!

It feels great to be a Canadian!

Reactions: Eagerbeaver406