+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

Abud83

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
No, submit a copy of whatever translation documents you have.

Also, mark the File "URGENT" on top and write a letter stating that the previous file sent on XX Date has probably been misplaced as no AOR has been received. This way duplication will not occur.

I find it hard to believe that without opening your file they know that they have your file. The file is opened and the details are entered in the system. I am quite sure that they have misplaced your file.

I know how you feel at this stage, but the next best thing to do is to mark the file urgent, write a letter inside and this will make them open the file immediately.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes.
mark the File "URGENT" on top
where to find this one, is it different application?

nnkk20

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
I just took the test in Vancouver-- passed with 19/20.

I showed up about 30 minutes early, and the building was not open yet. A queue lined up outside and at 8:00 they let us in. After everyone was in the hall, there was a brief wait and they sent us in for the test.

Interview was about 10 minutes and friendly. The agent reviewed my passport stamps and checked off corresponding trips on my physical presence calculator. He asked a few questions about where I work. The only documents he asked to see were my passport, PR card, and BC ID.

Afterwards, he told me that they are scheduling ceremonies about 2 months out, but it is likely that I could be scheduled as soon as December.

And that was that!
Really happy for you! Glad to see some Vancouver applicants getting closer to the finish line. I'm still waiting for a test invite, my file has been in process since Sept 12. Fingers crossed!

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
mark the File "URGENT" on top
where to find this one, is it different application?
You mean any urgent application form. There is no such a application mentioned urgent by itself as I know. I think jangotrick said to mention on top of the application mark URGENT manually.

AK84

Aug 11, 2011
I just took the test in Vancouver-- passed with 19/20.

I showed up about 30 minutes early, and the building was not open yet. A queue lined up outside and at 8:00 they let us in. After everyone was in the hall, there was a brief wait and they sent us in for the test.

Interview was about 10 minutes and friendly. The agent reviewed my passport stamps and checked off corresponding trips on my physical presence calculator. He asked a few questions about where I work. The only documents he asked to see were my passport, PR card, and BC ID.

Afterwards, he told me that they are scheduling ceremonies about 2 months out, but it is likely that I could be scheduled as soon as December.

And that was that!

Congrats.... can you tell me how much time require to study for exam preparations or any tips ?

Abud83

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
You mean any urgent application form. There is no such a application mentioned urgent by itself as I know. I think jangotrick said to mention on top of the application mark URGENT manually.
I have the applications filled out in Oct 2017 forms, do i need to use June 2018 forms?

Inlandoct2014

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Oct 2, 2014
File Transfer...
SA, AIP : Jan 14, 2016
Med's Request
Jan 6, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 9, 2016
Interview........
DM: FEB 4, 2016
LANDED..........
March 16, 2016
My status turned to Decision Made for about four weeks and still no news for the ceremony. Is that normal in Montreal office?

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Agree! On top of the envelope write "URGENT PROCESSING" in bold. they will open your file immediately. Inside, write a letter with the application explaining that your previous file seems to be lost. No AOR received since the file was submitted on XXX date. It is likely that CIC has lost the file, hence it is requested that this file be urgently processed.

They will not urgently process but open and give you an AOR or tell you that they have not lost the file and send this application back. either way works for you

Reactions: Abud83

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
I have the applications filled out in Oct 2017 forms, do i need to use June 2018 forms?
Yes, use new forms and add up the extra days in days calculator. submit as if you are submitting a new applicaiton. use Canada post registered non-expedited with signature which should take 7-10 days to reach.

Reactions: Abud83

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
Passed my test today Nov 21st at the Edmonton office , test is fairly easy (I think reading the booklet twice and then do the online free testing websites that someone posted here , will get you super ready for the test ) , the uncomfortable part of this morning was after the test when in the interview, the officer kept on trying to find a mistake on my trips details comparing them with each of my passport stamps , he even started to make stuff up like saying " here you put this trip from 21/03/2015 , but I see this stamp that says 21/02/2015 and bla blah blah , I got every detail of my trips on the top of my head , so right away I started explaining to him that he was wrong and gave him concrete reasons until he gave up and checked all my trips on the calculator as " good " , them he told me that all is good 19/20 on the test , I ask him when could the ceremony be held , and first he told me "this year " , I replied really !! ? Then he corrected himself saying "omg this year is almost over , so it will for sure be around feb or march 2019 " I'm good with that , if others in this forum were there today ,Hi ! I'm the guy that went to the washroom twice before the test ! Lol we were like 100 people there at 8:15 am

rfairy786

Jan 19, 2018
Hi Admin

Oath letter date : November 21st, 2018

Oath ceremony: December 7th, 2018

Please update.

Wish you good luck to those are waiting.

Thanks

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Passed my test today Nov 21st at the Edmonton office , test is fairly easy (I think reading the booklet twice and then do the online free testing websites that someone posted here , will get you super ready for the test ) , the uncomfortable part of this morning was after the test when in the interview, the officer kept on trying to find a mistake on my trips details comparing them with each of my passport stamps , he even started to make stuff up like saying " here you put this trip from 21/03/2015 , but I see this stamp that says 21/02/2015 and bla blah blah , I got every detail of my trips on the top of my head , so right away I started explaining to him that he was wrong and gave him concrete reasons until he gave up and checked all my trips on the calculator as " good " , them he told me that all is good 19/20 on the test , I ask him when could the ceremony be held , and first he told me "this year " , I replied really !! ? Then he corrected himself saying "omg this year is almost over , so it will for sure be around feb or march 2019 " I'm good with that , if others in this forum were there today ,Hi ! I'm the guy that went to the washroom twice before the test ! Lol we were like 100 people there at 8:15 am

A quick question. Are they checking the date stamps for the last 4 years or last 5 years? I have a lot of travel history and want to be prepared well.

charles4eva

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
did FP yesterday the 21st... ECAS file updated in regards to the FP request sent on NOV 20th:
  1. We sent you correspondence on November 20, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
A quick question. Are they checking the date stamps for the last 4 years or last 5 years? I have a lot of travel history and want to be prepared well.
They would check those dates which you had in the citizenship days calculator. They would have a print out of that form.

Reactions: jangotrick