AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
I am very sorry to hear that. I hope aside from this glitch everything else goes smoothly for you.
Thanks hamoon for feeling that. Today whole day feeling upset, nothing could impressed me today. I have re-submitted the application though with missing information this morning. Don't know when will they open my application again. :(:(:(

Last edited:
Reactions: hamoonExpressEntry

Nanshi

Jul 5, 2018
If you mailed your application on April 30 my regular non expedited mail, it should take at the maximum 2 weeks to reach the Case Processing Centre which means your application would have been recieved by 14 or 15 May. You should hear from them within the month of July and keep checking the ECAS status using your UCID Number regularly. Do not send another application. .
Thanks... will keep an eye out for it

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Please also note that the main application for citizenship CIT0002 E-2 has also been revised w.e.f June 2018. If you resubmit your application, you will have to submit in the new format, otherwise they will send it back again.

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/citizen/cit0002e-2.pdf
What date in June did they change it. It was the old form on June 24 (Sunday), I remember because I downloaded it, filled and printed while I was at Staples.

Last edited:
Reactions: harvie

MitCad

Jun 21, 2018
When date in June they change it. It was the old form on June 24 (Sunday), I remember because I downloaded it, filled and printed while I was at Staples.
It was modified in June. But has been uploaded on IRCC just on 3rd July, 2018.. So any applicants who has applied before 4th July, 2018 won't be affected surely...

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
I m curious to know how some ppl request urgent processing? anyone knows?
Here are the ways you can apply for urgent processing. Documentation is required.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html

Apply urgently for grant of citizenship

The application processing times show how long it will take us to process your application for Canadian citizenship. If you think you have an emergency and won’t receive your citizenship in time, you may apply for urgent processing.

We can only process citizenship applications urgently in special cases. We check every urgent request to see if it meets the conditions for urgent processing. If your application doesn’t meet the conditions, we will process it normally.

To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:

• needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship
Even if these conditions apply to you, we may not be able to process your request urgently. If we do process your request urgently, we may not be able to do it in time to help your situatio

Last edited:
Reactions: harvie

rathna

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-05-2014
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Included with App
File Transfer...
13-11-2014
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-28-2015
LANDED..........
03-31-2015
App delivered on 28-May-2018 to Sydney,NS .. still no sign of AOR.. anyone from this timeline?
Is it possible I missed the email? The ecas status still says cant find my record

Help!!

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
App delivered on 28-May-2018 to Sydney,NS .. still no sign of AOR.. anyone from this timeline?
Is it possible I missed the email? The ecas status still says cant find my record

Help!!
They are processing applications recieved in first week of May right now. Calculate 60-66 days from the date your application was recieved and with this period you will get your AOR or returned application if they find any deficiencies in the application.

Last edited:

latemawus

Dec 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2014
AOR Received.
07-07-2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
17-01-2015
Med's Done....
21-01-2015
Passport Req..
25-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2015
LANDED..........
14-04-2015
AOR received today!:):):):)

ID: latemawus
App.Type: Family 3
Physical Presence Days: 1392
App Sent: Apr 26, 2018
App Recd: May 02, 2018
AOR - JUL 5, 2018

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
It was modified in June. But has been uploaded on IRCC just on 3rd July, 2018.. So any applicants who has applied before 4th July, 2018 won't be affected surely...
Thank you.
The new form has a few changes and looks better than the previous one

unsvn.it

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NSVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
10-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
15-03-2016 (DM: 16-03-2016)
Sorry to hear that. As a standard process, I over comply with the various document requirements I attached PR Card Copy, Passport Copy and Driving License Copy (both sides). The checklist also clearly states the below :

- Photocopy of 2 Pieces of Identify Documents ( See the Checklist below)

https://www.itscanadatime.com/app/uploads/Document-Checklist-Application-for-Canadian-Citizenship-Adults-18-years-of-age-and-older-Under-Subsection-5.pdf

When you submit, attach a copy of the letter they sent to you with your application. Also, mention on the top of the envelope "additional request for documents". I do not think they will process your AOR faster than the usual timeline, but there is no harm in trying.
Hi there, I applied citizenship in May and the checklist I downloaded from canada.ca website (at that time) only requested one photo ID. I submitted driving license (along with my passports and PR card, but I consider these two documents are more of travel documents, not ID). That means I attached my driving license as the only ID document. However, somehow I usually saw people saying CIC requested two (2) identifications. Did CIC happen to change the requirement? And which one (one or two IDs) is correct at the time of my application?

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Hi there, I applied citizenship in May and the checklist I downloaded from canada.ca website (at that time) only requested one photo ID. I submitted driving license (along with my passports and PR card, but I consider these two documents are more of travel documents, not ID). That means I attached my driving license as the only ID document. However, somehow I usually saw people saying CIC requested two (2) identifications. Did CIC happen to change the requirement? And which one (one or two IDs) is correct at the time of my application?
The requirement as of now is only 1 Photo ID and Driving License is fine as ID if you send photocopies of front and back of the driving license. The previous application checklist pf 2016 required two IDs. You are fine do not worry as the current one only requires one ID.

The following are some, but not all, of the documents that can be used to establish identity. This is not a complete list and it is not in order of priority:

• age of majority card;
  • Certificate of Indian Status card;
  • driver’s license;
  • passport;
  • health insurance identification card;
  • senior citizen’s card;
  • travel document.

Last edited:
Reactions: harvie and unsvn.it

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
No where in the current checklist does it say for two IDs. It clearly says only photocopy of personal identification and also mentions that you cannot use PR card as identification. Also, no where does it say to include a copy of PR card.
The checklist in post from @jangotrick above is old from 2016