+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Admin, kindly update the file.

AOR recieved just 5 minutes ago i.e 8:22 PM MST. ECAS is still not updated.

Time from Application Recieved to AOR - 61 Days

Last edited:

AmirATM

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Guys - who is suppose to add the info to the tracker ?
I posted a month ago but I dont see my name on the list .
below is my info again,

App.Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1131
App Sent: May 28, 2018
AOR:
In Process:
Test Invite:
Test date:
Decision Made ECAS:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Admin, kindly update the file.

AOR recieved just 5 minutes ago i.e 8:22 PM MST. ECAS is still not updated.

Time from Application Recieved to AOR - 61 Days
Congrats upgraded.

Reactions: jangotrick

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Guys - who is suppose to add the info to the tracker ?
I posted a month ago but I dont see my name on the list .
below is my info again,

App.Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1131
App Sent: May 28, 2018
AOR:
In Process:
Test Invite:
Test date:
Decision Made ECAS:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date
Upgraded. Whats your application received date.

AmirATM

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
I didn't check when the application was received as I used a representative . ( I am assuming it did 2 or 3 days after?)

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
I didn't check when the application was received as I used a representative . ( I am assuming it did 2 or 3 days after?)
Alright. I will update as 3 days after .

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Mystery of staggered AOR's receipts solved. I called into the helpline to change my telephone number and the agent was very helpful in answering other questions.

I was told that the applications are stamped with a date stamp on the day they arrive and are stored. Thereafter, applications are removed for initial review from the storage within date ranges i.e. Applications received between 03 May and 10 May are batched together and assigned to agents for initial review and entering the details in the case. Multiple batches are handed over to different agents. The same agent is processing other category of applications as well i.e Permanent Residence Renewals, Express Entry, Spousal Visas etc. When agents start processing the batch for initial review, they can come across the more recent applications in the batch first basis how they were batched together. As such, an application received on 10 May be opened for initial review prior to the application received on 03 May as they are in the same batch. Some agents may process files for initial review sooner than others. The generation of AOR is impacted by how the files were batched, the load of other category of applications, the speed with which the agent processes the initial review, holidays, weekends, the quality of the application filing process by the individuals. All agents are constantly evaluated for accuracy and timeliness of application processing.

Agents input information online by 1500 hrs local time and the system populates and updates the details on the web portal between 1800 hrs- 2200 hrs local time EST every day. Automated notifications are immediately issued but ECAS updates takes anywhere from 12 - 72 hours. ECAS is updated within 72 hours and if the file is updated in ECAS, the processing centre is already assigned by then. The file then physically travels to the processing centre on a weekly basis for processing review.

As Obannobi mentioned in a previous post, the agent confirmed the processing time is not linked with the AOR, Some applications are processed faster while others are processed slower. The administrators can see the case load and assign case files accordingly. The assigning of case processing centres already incorporates equitable distribution of files across provinces and cities.

Hope this helps those are are anxious about their AOR and processing status.

P.S - There is another nice explanation of Fingerprinting requirement and timeline for those who may be asked for it.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fingerprint-request-for-citizenship.488116/#post-6057807

Last edited:

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Mystery of staggered AOR's receipts solved. I called into the helpline to change my telephone number and the agent was very helpful in answering other questions.

I was told that the applications are stamped with a date stamp on the day they arrive and stored. Thereafter, applications are removed for initial review from the storage within date ranges i.e. Applications received between 03 May and 10 May are batched together and assigned to agents for initial review and entering the details in the case. Multiple batches are handed over to different agents. The same agent is processing other category of applications as well i.e Permanent Residence Renewals, Express Entry, Spousal Visas etc. When agents start processing the batch for initial review, they can come across the more recent applications in the batch first basis how they were batched together. As such, an application received on 10 May be opened for initial review prior to the application received on 03 May as they are in the same batch. Some agents may process files for initial review sooner than others. The initial review of AOR is impacted by how the files were batches, the load of other category of applications, the speed with which the agent processes the initial review, holidays, weekends, the quality of the application filing process by the individuals.

Agents input information online by 1500 hrs local time and the system populates and updates the details on the web portal between 1800 hrs- 2200 hrs local time EST every day. Automated notifications are immediately issued but ECAS updates takes anywhere from 12 - 72 hours. ECAS is updated within 72 hours and if the file is updated in ECAS, the processing centre is already assigned by then. The file then physically travels to the processing centre on a weekly basis for processing review.

As Obannobi mentioned in a previous post, the agent confirmed the processing time is not linked with the AOR, Some applications are processed faster while others are processed slower. The administrators can see the case load and assign case files accordingly. The assigning of case processing centres already incorporates equitable distribution of files across provinces and cities.

Hope this helps those are are anxious about their AOR and processing status.
This is very helpful. Thanks for sharing.

angelfyr

Star Member
Dec 29, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-05-2012
Hi Admin,

please update status AOR: July 3, 2018 as well. Thanks!

Can I ask who is updating the sheet?

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
My application returned today. I am so sad. The opened my application on June 24

They said application incomplete. The letter said you have not submitted copies of both sides of identification documents. But in instruction guide for the application never said both sides of identification

if you had a passport in the past 5 years:
  • photocopies of 1 piece of government issued identification with your name, date of birth and photograph
Where it said both sides of identification documents to be submitted.

I am so sad :(

Last edited:

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
My application returned today. I am so sad. The opened my application on June 24

They said application incomplete. They said you have not submitted copies of both sides of identification documents. But in the guide

if you had a passport in the past 5 years:
  • photocopies of 1 piece of government issued identification with your name, date of birth and photograph
Where it said both sides of identification documents to be submitted.

Also when resend the do I need to right a letter to explain anything.
D I have to send the letter that they sent me.

I am so sad :(
Sorry to hear that. As a standard process, I over comply with the various document requirements I attached PR Card Copy, Passport Copy and Driving License Copy (both sides). The checklist also clearly states the below :

- Photocopy of 2 Pieces of Identify Documents ( See the Checklist below)

https://www.itscanadatime.com/app/uploads/Document-Checklist-Application-for-Canadian-Citizenship-Adults-18-years-of-age-and-older-Under-Subsection-5.pdf

When you submit, attach a copy of the letter they sent to you with your application. Also, mention on the top of the envelope "additional request for documents". I do not think they will process your AOR faster than the usual timeline, but there is no harm in trying.