+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Just wanted to check if your processing has started and on what date ? I could not see your screen name in the updated sheet.
Not sure why my name is not there . Obannobi , sent April 28, received May 2, and AOE on the 18. My process has not gone to in process, but like I said, I am hoping to see that process before 20th of this month. Calgary should move faster after July 15th, so we should have our test request by August 14th....., funny me how I calculate all these with an assurance

Reactions: jangotrick

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Sorry to hear that. As a standard process, I over comply with the various document requirements I attached PR Card Copy, Passport Copy and Driving License Copy (both sides). The checklist also clearly states the below :

- Photocopy of 2 Pieces of Identify Documents ( See the Checklist below)

https://www.itscanadatime.com/app/uploads/Document-Checklist-Application-for-Canadian-Citizenship-Adults-18-years-of-age-and-older-Under-Subsection-5.pdf

When you submit, attach a copy of the letter they sent to you with your application. Also, mention on the top of the envelope "additional request for documents". I do not think they will process your AOR faster than the usual timeline, but there is no harm in trying.
You are right Its my mistake :( have wasted 2 months.

Last edited:

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
You are right Its my mistake :(
Quickly turn around the application and send it using the 2 day delivery from Canada Post. It seems like they are processing AORs faster in June/July. Please also double check the checklist for any other mistakes Good luck and sometimes a small delay can lead to better results. Everything that happens happens for the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: iceberge

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Not sure why my name is not there . Obannobi , sent April 28, received May 2, and AOE on the 18. My process has not gone to in process, but like I said, I am hoping to see that process before 20th of this month. Calgary should move faster after July 15th, so we should have our test request by August 14th....., funny me how I calculate all these with an assurance
Admin should kindly update these details as well.

Will watch the processing timeline next. Have a great evening.

benitaagogo

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015, CIC received 03-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-16-2015, SA 04-30-2015
File Transfer...
05-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived, IP on Oct.9, DM on Nov.12
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
Quickly turn around the application and send it using the 2 day delivery from Canada Post. It seems like they are processing AORs faster in June/July. Please also double check the checklist for any other mistakes Good luck and sometimes a small delay can lead to better results. Everything that happens happens for the best.
I don't think they are processing AOR faster in June, those two got AOR had urgent requests. If you look at the average days of May applicants that got AOR it's going to be over 50 days, that being said the following months' applicants prob will have a longer wait to get AOR.

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
I don't think they are processing AOR faster in June, those two got AOR had urgent requests. If you look at the average days of May applicants that got AOR it's going to be over 50 days, that being said the following months' applicants prob will have a longer wait to get AOR.
I understand from my communication with the agent that prior to elections, they speed up citizenship processing to have a larger pool of electoral votes and more staff is being hired in the second part of the year.This is in line with their commitment last year which CIC also tweeted about in Dec 2017.

https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada/status/938792834118901760

benitaagogo

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015, CIC received 03-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-16-2015, SA 04-30-2015
File Transfer...
05-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived, IP on Oct.9, DM on Nov.12
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
I understand from my communication with the agent that prior to elections, they speed up citizenship processing to have a larger pool of electoral votes and more staff is being hired in the second part of the year.This is in line with their commitment last year which CIC also tweeted about in Dec 2017.

https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada/status/938792834118901760
All about the votes and the bureaucracy....well as long as they do start to speed up processing that's all good. I hope the average days of AOR won't keep adding up. Glad we have the spreadsheet that I'm prepared if that happens. Wish we all get processed soon.

Nanshi

Jul 5, 2018
Hello all,

I mailed out my citizenship application on April 30th 2018 and did not receive any acknowledge email till date. I did not track the mail(not happy about it).

Is there anyway to find out if they actually received it???

Also should I send another copy just in case...if yes how long do I wait before mailing another one out???

Help much appreciated...and thanks in advance

Reactions: obannobi

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hello all,

I mailed out my citizenship application on April 30th 2018 and did not receive any acknowledge email till date. I did not track the mail(not happy about it).

Also should I send another copy just in case...if yes how long do I wait before mailing another one out???

Check your ecas with your UL number. Please don't ever post an important document without tracking it. Would you prefer 20$ over your guess fearing. You will hear from them before Friday next week, next time arrange yourself much better..... not trying to be harsh on you, but I can't hide the truth

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Hi Admin,

please update status AOR: July 3, 2018 as well. Thanks!

Can I ask who is updating the sheet?
Please post you timeline. I am updating.

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Hello all,

If you mailed your application on April 30 my regular non expedited mail, it should take at the maximum 2 weeks to reach the Case Processing Centre which means your application would have been recieved by 14 or 15 May. You should hear from them within the month of July and keep checking the ECAS status using your UCID Number regularly. Do not send another application. .

manuel1983

Feb 9, 2016
You are right Its my mistake :( have wasted 2 months.
Can someone re-confirm the linked checklist (CIT 007) date? I used the May 2018 version (currently available online which requests different info vs the 2016 edition linked edition) . The 2018 edition doesn't ask for PR card photocopy and only requests 1 kind of personal ID. Which version did other ppl in May use?

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Can someone re-confirm the linked checklist (CIT 007) date? I used the May 2018 version (currently available online which requests different info vs the 2016 edition linked edition) . The 2018 edition doesn't ask for PR card photocopy and only requests 1 kind of personal ID. Which version did other ppl in May use?
You are right. The May 2018 form does not have a requirement for 2 Identifications. Can you check which checklist you attached with your application. If you did attach the 2018 checklist, please call CIC helpline and explain the problem to them. Also, as you have already submitted a copy of the passport and biographical pages, please ask them whether it can be used as your ID.

Last edited:

manuel1983

Feb 9, 2016
You are right. The May 2018 form does not have a requirement for 2 Identifications. Can you check which checklist you attached with your application. If you did attach the 2018 checklist, please call CIC helpline and explain the problem to them. Also, as you have already submitted a copy of the passport and biographical pages, please ask them whether it can be used as your ID.

I'll ask my wife to call, its her application (she used the current May 2018 version). Not sure if its a problem, she used the most current checklist provided on the CIC website.

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
I'll ask my wife to call, its her application (she used the current May 2018 version). Not sure if its a problem, she used the most current checklist provided on the CIC website.
Please also note that the main application for citizenship CIT0002 E-2 has also been revised w.e.f June 2018. If you resubmit your application, you will have to submit in the new format, otherwise they will send it back again.

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/citizen/cit0002e-2.pdf