+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

spaceinvasion

Jul 8, 2018
Hey guys,

Still no update on the immigration Canada website even though I passed my test on Nov 14th. The lady who interviewed me told me to wait approx 1 to 2 months for an oath invite though.

My question is, if I want to leave the country for ~10 days around Christmas/New Years, is there anything I need to do?

Lionhearted

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
Hey guys,

Still no update on the immigration Canada website even though I passed my test on Nov 14th. The lady who interviewed me told me to wait approx 1 to 2 months for an oath invite though.

My question is, if I want to leave the country for ~10 days around Christmas/New Years, is there anything I need to do?
Even tho if they send you oath invitation letter tomorrow your oath won’t be untill the next month so yeah you can leave country for 10 days because what I am seeing all the oath initiviations being sent out these days will be happining next month

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
Even tho if they send you oath invitation letter tomorrow your oath won’t be untill the next month so yeah you can leave country for 10 days because what I am seeing all the oath initiviations being sent out these days will be happining next month

You are right......

I dont see any oath ceremony happening after December 21. Immigration Judges most likely will be on holidays after the weekend of December 21. Also you kind of get like minimum of 2 weeks notice for an Oath Ceremony, so if you haven't gotten it now, that will be January 2019 at the earliest.

spaceinvasion

Jul 8, 2018
You are right......

I dont see any oath ceremony happening after December 21. Immigration Judges most likely will be on holidays after the weekend of December 21. Also you kind of get like minimum of 2 weeks notice for an Oath Ceremony, so if you haven't gotten it now, that will be January 2019 at the earliest.
Oh cool, so I don't need to call them or anything? I'm planning to be back first week of January.

hmel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Hello Guys,
Applied in May 2018 from Edmonton and got AOR on July 9th. Since then there is no update on my file, just showing In process. Any applicant here from May in the same situation?
Same! but i m in toronto
This is insane!

Lionhearted

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
Status changed to DM. Thanks sunnybh
Is DM a good indication? Because my status changed to DM on very next day of my test. I did my test on 27 of nov and status changed on 28 so I am not sure what to expect next so if you or someone else could shed some light that will be great thank you

unsvn.it

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NSVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
10-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
15-03-2016 (DM: 16-03-2016)
Is DM a good indication? Because my status changed to DM on very next day of my test. I did my test on 27 of nov and status changed on 28 so I am not sure what to expect next so if you or someone else could shed some light that will be great thank you
DM in almost cases means all the required checks on your file are passed. You should expect no more documents required from CIC.

Just waiting for the Oath invitation letter now. Congrats!

Reactions: Lionhearted

Andor

Dec 4, 2018
Please add me to the tracker too!

id: Andor
App.Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1395
App Sent: April 29, 2018
App Received: May 03, 2018
AOR: July 4, 2018
In Process: August 8, 2018
Test Invite:
Test date:
Decision Made ECAS:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date:

The IRCC asked me to provide fingerprints on August 29, 2018. I submitted fingerprints to RCMP on August 30, 2018. After that, my online citizenship application status has been stuck at this step. It has been over 3 months.:confused:

I have been calling 1-888-242-2100 ext 1-1-4-1 with no avail. I'm also contacting RCMP Civil Fingerprint Screening Services (CFSS), hoping to get some info if RCMP has sent my criminal record back to IRCC. I don't think I have any criminal record at all.

The fingerprinting document indicates my application is delegated to a regional office for GTA. It's the IRCC office in Scarborough. No idea if this is the reason for the long wait.
More info: IRCC requested my fingerprints (FP) on 29 August 2018. I had it done on 30 August 2018. I also inquired about the status with RCMP. RCMP informed me they mailed the result to IRCC Scarborough office on 4 September 2018.

Many thanks to sunnybh, I have called that number using option 4-0 and reached a nice French agent at IRCC. She reviewed the case and documents and informed me they have indeed received the FP results. They are just waiting for the Scarborough office to send me the test invite. Hopefully things go well.

You can add my FP info to the notes of the tracker as well.

Last edited:

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017
More info: IRCC requested my fingerprints (FP) on 29 August 2018. I had it done on 30 August 2018. I also inquired about the status with RCMP. RCMP informed me they mailed the result to IRCC Scarborough office on 4 September 2018.

Many thanks to sunnybh, I have called that number using option 4-0 and reached a nice French agent at IRCC. She reviewed the case and documents and informed me they have indeed received the FP results. They are just waiting for the Scarborough office to send me the test invite. Hopefully things go well.

You can add my FP info to the notes of the tracker as well.
Updated, thanks

hmel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
is fingerprints (FP) required?
my status of IP on Aug 1st has been sitting there for months without any updates.
I am worried if anything goes wrong