Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Hi guys,
I need urgent help!
I have been invited for a citizenship test which is scheduled on Dec 14 and I just got to know today. :(
They have asked to bring "All Original documents that support your citizenship application (As listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form)". So, my question is that do I need to take my entire citizenship application package that I had sent originally when I applied for my citizenship? That would include the Online Physical presence form, IELTS results, Passports, 2 Photographs as well as the original application form.
So, my question is that I obviously don't have the original application form and online physical presence form so how do I take those?
Please let me know as soon as spossible. I also have only 2 days to study....omg I am dying!
Thanks,
Simran
You primarily need your IELTS and passport.

Lionhearted

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
Hi guys,
I need urgent help!
I have been invited for a citizenship test which is scheduled on Dec 14 and I just got to know today. :(
They have asked to bring "All Original documents that support your citizenship application (As listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form)". So, my question is that do I need to take my entire citizenship application package that I had sent originally when I applied for my citizenship? That would include the Online Physical presence form, IELTS results, Passports, 2 Photographs as well as the original application form.
So, my question is that I obviously don't have the original application form and online physical presence form so how do I take those?
Please let me know as soon as spossible. I also have only 2 days to study....omg I am dying!
Thanks,
Simran
No you don’t have to bring the whole application package with you that’s just too much! Wht you need to take with you is your passports if you have more than one, landing paper and PR card, I had my test last month and after the test all she checked was my PR card and other piece of I’d and once everything is done he or she will get you to sign on two different pieces of paper and will ask if you have any travel plan and will also tell you estimated time to get your oath inviatation. That being said he or she can check your passport and check if you have any travel history and if so than the dates you have mentioned in your application corresponds to those dates and that’s it and also good luck on your test

sgill83

Sep 25, 2018
No you don’t have to bring the whole application package with you that’s just too much! Wht you need to take with you is your passports if you have more than one, landing paper and PR card, I had my test last month and after the test all she checked was my PR card and other piece of I’d and once everything is done he or she will get you to sign on two different pieces of paper and will ask if you have any travel plan and will also tell you estimated time to get your oath inviatation. That being said he or she can check your passport and check if you have any travel history and if so than the dates you have mentioned in your application corresponds to those dates and that’s it and also good luck on your test
Thank you very much for your help!
Is the test difficult? Also what's the pass % one needs?

Lionhearted

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
Thank you very much for your help!
Is the test difficult? Also what's the pass % one needs?
Read discover Canada couple of times and do some online quizzes ( someone mentioned the links earlier for online quizzes) and you should be fine and passing marks are 15/20 which 75%

Beran34

Jul 22, 2017
Hi guys,
I need urgent help!
Thanks,
Simran
They didn't ask 2 photos.original application form or the physical calculations.
I took my landing paper.pr card.passport/s.my linc certification that i submitted.4 or 5 things i took with me

sgill83

Sep 25, 2018
They didn't ask 2 photos.original application form or the physical calculations.
I took my landing paper.pr card.passport/s.my linc certification that i submitted.4 or 5 things i took with me
Thanks very much! That's helpful to know.

AmirATM

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Background Checks are done by the officer who checks your documents and their validity, Security Check is done by CSIS and Criminality Check is done by RCMP. The answer is YES or NO to these checks. The agents can actually see in great detail what the processing officer has written on file. Next time you call, ask specifically about the three checks. This should put you at ease.

I actually spoke to a very nice agent who possibly had spoken to someone distraught over delays :). She said to me that agents work on files in round robin fashion, they are opening new files and starting processing, they are making entries for existing files, sending out requests for various checks etc. etc. Agents work on one file, then move to another, then come back to third etc. etc. which are in different stages of the applications. Same agents are pulled out for conducting tests, for grading tests and for interviewing people. Seems like they are overloading and filled up to the brim.
Some agents get simple files i.e with minimum travel history and nothing much to be done, others get complex cases. Once the agent completes the process, they queue up the file for second inspection and then a test is scheduled.

So, do not worry, the queue system will work its way. I hope you gets yours soon. Do let us know what info you get on the three checks. Ask specifically and no harm calling twice.
Just called again today, this time the agent told me that background check few verification are still pending , I was surprised because the previous time I called the agent said everything is OK just wait for a test schedule - Any thoughts?

hmel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Just called again today, this time the agent told me that background check few verification are still pending , I was surprised because the previous time I called the agent said everything is OK just wait for a test schedule - Any thoughts?
The one who said everythng is ok just to calm you down so you wont bug him/her anymore.
Everytime I call, they give me different answers.
one said: oh eveyrthing is good,waiting for test
one said: oh your application still under review
one said: oh please contact us if you have not heard from us one year after AOR.

My status is IN PROCESS since Aug 1st, nothing comes after.

Bety bety

Dec 12, 2018
Hello guys , please I need advise I got my test invite and also a form to sign PROHIBITIONS UNDER THE CITIZENSHIP ACT. Is this everyone get it with the test invite or only me thanks .

AmirATM

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
The one who said everythng is ok just to calm you down so you wont bug him/her anymore.
Everytime I call, they give me different answers.
one said: oh eveyrthing is good,waiting for test
one said: oh your application still under review
one said: oh please contact us if you have not heard from us one year after AOR.

My status is IN PROCESS since Aug 1st, nothing comes after.
You are right . We are also in process since August 13 , I was hoping it will be faster for me because I renewed my PR in Feb 2018 ( which also took from April 2017 to Feb 2018) so not sure what background check they are talking about if they did it for the PR few months ago already .
Good luck - it will come

workluck

Apr 10, 2013
Got my test invite, too, finally!

Test Invite letter: Dec 12
Test/Interview Date: January 7th, 2019

Guess I'll be reading Canadian history over the holidays... thanks for updating!

May 24, 2018
Got Test Invite
Scarborough applicant
Single Applicant
ApplicatIon Received may 17th 2018
AOR: july 18th 2018
inprocess: August 2nd 2018
Test invite: December 12th 2018

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017
Hi guys,
I need urgent help!
Thanks,
Simran
Updated, thanks
Got Test Invite
Scarborough applicant
Single Applicant
ApplicatIon Received may 17th 2018
AOR: july 18th 2018
inprocess: August 2nd 2018
Test invite: December 12th 2018
Updated, thanks. What is your test date?