+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 AOR - join here

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
Hi there,
My AOR is 8 May 2018. Medicals logged as 'passed' soon after.
On 17 May, I received an additional document request, which I sent on two days later. The document was to clarify previous travel dates to Germany.
In my CIC account, eligibility, additional docs and final decision have been 'under review' for as long as I can remember. The same applies to background check ('processing'). I paid the right of residency fee up front.
During the first week of November, I found out that my application is with the London visa office, 'awaiting final review by an officer'. I got the same response a month later.
According to the new status bar in CIC accounts, my application is 'taking us longer than usual to process'.
The estimated completion date has passed (8 November 2018).
I requested GCMS in early November, but no news on that front yet.
Is 'awaiting final review' positive?
I'm British, by the way.
Thanks in advance!

Hold on tight ! Mate good news is round the corner . Ta !

rob730

Oct 23, 2018
AOR Received.
03-05-2018
Med's Done....
11-05-2018
That's reassuring, thanks. So you're optimistic?
It's reassuring that everything is passed but I don't understand the delay. It's been over a month since they said we were in final review

Ram10

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
Exactly the same case , no update till now :(
I have got GCMS Notes a week ago and it says, Eligibility : Recommend passed and Security check : not started. This is the latest update what i have and there is no other update after that.

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
The current climate in the US make it very difficult. I’m a US citizen and can tell you that the process in Canada is much more transparent than any immigration process in the US. We can get info from the agents and also agent notes via GCMS notes. That does not happen in the US. Just saying.

On other threads about the newly introduced progress bar, people are saying it didn't show up on their application page. Some of them have it and it only shows that the estimate for their decision is exactly 6 months after their AOR :/

So disappointing after thinking this could at least be something to look forward to. As somebody mentioned on this thread - this is affecting people's lives, and after we pay large amounts we don't have any info what is going on. After ordering GCMS notes I saw some stuff was under review so I acted to get new documents, but I bet that is under review for months and if they could only just let us know on time what they need, we could have got new information for them.

Kinda losing hope, but trying to stay positive. Even considering other options. Anybody know any way easy way to work in the States besides marriage? :D

P.B.

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
THe bar is nonsense !! its nothin
I received the message below with the progress bar:

Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to.

Have filled the web form mentioning that we have not received any updates/requests since July/August... Let's see what happens.:confused:

akuaisu

Dec 12, 2018
Hi Guys ,

MY AOR is 19th May and my medicals got approved on 31st May. But after that there is no updates and its going to be 7 months already. Ordered GCMS on 5th Dec and tried calling the CPC office but they don't have any updates.It is really irritating to wait without an update. Anybody else in the same boat and what are you doing about it.

Thanks in advance!
Yes , same here . Today the progress bar showed up and the estimated time is October 2018 which is passed long back. Don't know wat to do now.

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
I received the message below with the progress bar:

Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to.

Have filled the web form mentioning that we have not received any updates/requests since July/August... Let's see what happens.:confused:
Progress bar is tellin what we already know ain't anythin new !

Ri-1989n

Aug 16, 2018
As requested i have added ppl on whatsaap group for May- and for Bankers and financial advisers in Canada- and Life IN Canada- sorry there are couple of groups! :)
Hey,Can you add me in the May 2018 whatsapp group as well. 918095478107. Thanks in advance !

Ram10

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
Were u not in review required?
I have seen "Review required" comment at initial stage of application submission. But no significant comments / information provided on review required context. As per the recommendations provided everything seems Met. Not sure whether it's actually gone for a review.

rondp21

Sep 26, 2018
Hey guys need some help, Raised ATIP on 18th OCT haven't received the notes yet ?anybody with similar situations any pointers are welcome. Its around 2 months but no sign of notes.

comet7700

Aug 24, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
27/03/2019
@legalfalcon

Hi LegalFalcon
I have a query, but the explanation and backstory is a little long. Sorry about that. Need your advise and help as to the next steps.

My AOR is 23 May 2018 with 457 CRS Score and 456 was the cutoff. However, I have not heard back anything for 6.5 Months. GCMS Notes dated 27 Sept provided some insight, which was that my (Principal Applicant) master's was deducted since the ECA said Masters from Non Recognized Institute. Now I understand this is an error on my part, but I tried to be sure by calling IRCC before submitting where the agent said that as long as it says "Masters" you should use that. Either the agent was having a weird day, or I was, but this error was made. Hence, as per GCMS Notes my CRS was reduced to I think 416.

I found out from my institution that IQAS does recognize my degree, and hence we put that in motion. But IQAS is pretty damn slow, and hence despite documents reaching them early october, I received confirmation from them of beginning of the 15 Week waiting period, only days ago. Nevertheless, that should come to us by March end.

However, in the meanwhile my spouse, who had a 7.5 Band IELTS, gave it another shot, and we just received her results. She has an overall score of 8 now. This brings our CRS to 444 (using 2 years work experience only and her current Age). She has her birthday in January, so might lose points for that. However, we can try to get more reference letters from her previous jobs (we do have all other documents for those jobs like Appointment Letters, Offer Letters, Confirmation of Resignation, Salary Slips, etc.)

We have only her last 33 months of Work Experience Reference letters. But its 13 months in one job (NOC Code 4163), and 20 Months in Another Job (NOC Code 0124). The other job, if we can arrange the reference letter is for 39 Months and in job code 4163. IF we can manage to get that, our CRS becomes 464.

So here are the questions:
  1. Do we pursue the New Application Route? Or wait for my IQAS ECA to come?
  2. What documents will need to be refreshed if we do a New Application? I know PCCs and IELTS.
  3. Can I use the same medical I submitted for the current application?
  4. Do I get any refund from IRCC if I withdraw my application now? I havent heard anything from them for 6.5 months.
  5. Any other guidance you can provide.
Apologies to everyone, including Legalfalcon who took the time to read this, and looking forward to your guidance, help and suggestions.

Thanks & Appreciate your time.

Comet7700

Last edited:

Cj11

Oct 21, 2018
Hold on tight ! Mate good news is round the corner . Ta !
Well...
I received my GCMS notes this morning.
The case analyst parked my application for review on 18 May 2018, and it hasn't been touched since (8 May AOR).
'Review required' for all work references, which don't provide average hours.
I'm self-employed, and had real trouble getting clients to put down 'average hours' on paper. 'Variable hours and remuneration' was the standard line. The company I've worked for since 2013 was happy to put average shifts and daily rate, but nothing more. I did provide records of monthly income, mind.
I'm going to raise a CSE and send some additional documents. Don't know why I wasn't asked to SEVEN months ago.
As things stand, the case analyst is 'unable to confirm' any of my work experience. As a result, he/ she has now got me down as below the relevant CRS threshold.
It's four weeks since my GCMS notes were generated. I'm just hoping I can have my say before the case is reviewed, or if not, I'm (a) at least asked to submit additional documents or (b) CIC contact my clients.
Otherwise, criminality and medicals passed. Security hasn't started...