+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2017 TRV Online Application

cheema302

Star Member
Nov 17, 2015
Hi Everyone
I just wanted little bit of your expertise for parents application.

I am thinking to go for online application. Is it a good idea or should I try paper application?

And please correct me if I am wrong.
While starting the application, I started as 1 individual trying to visit Canada to his children. And, then I said yes when it is asked that a family member is accompanying you.

And in supporting documents they asked for marriage certificate. But, My parents are in their sixties they don't have one. So the name on each other's passport will work I hope.

What else should I pay more attention to get the approval?

Thanks in advance

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am thinking to go for online application. Is it a good idea or should I try paper application?
That's your personal preference and convenience.

And please correct me if I am wrong.
While starting the application, I started as 1 individual trying to visit Canada to his children. And, then I said yes when it is asked that a family member is accompanying you.
Yes, your mom is accompanying your dad.

And in supporting documents they asked for marriage certificate. But, My parents are in their sixties they don't have one. So the name on each other's passport will work I hope.
They can include your birth certificate + copies of their passports which state each other's names as spouse

What else should I pay more attention to get the approval?

Thanks in advance
They must keep their visit to 3-4 weeks + have a genuine purpose of visit (unlike a weak reason like visiting to celebrate a birthday, for example) + finances to afford their visit without borrowing + strong ties (business/employment + property or land ownership + family ties + good financial situation + any previous travel history)

cheema302

Star Member
Nov 17, 2015
Th
That's your personal preference and convenience.

Yes, your mom is accompanying your dad.

They can include your birth certificate + copies of their passports which state each other's names as spouse

They must keep their visit to 3-4 weeks + have a genuine purpose of visit (unlike a weak reason like visiting to celebrate a birthday, for example) + finances to afford their visit without borrowing + strong ties (business/employment + property or land ownership + family ties + good financial situation + any previous travel history)
Thanks a lot

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna
I too have a question, can you please help me know what all proof of relationship documents to submit for grandparent TRV (under visitor's visa not under super visa)?
You can include your birth certificate (that would have your dad's name) + your dad's birth certificate (that would have your grandparents' names) + an explanation in 2-3 lines

not financially dependent because of rental income but no ITR, aged 81, my father deceased so no direct linkage,
Do they have FDs, shares, LIC, etc?

Typically (and unofficially) they must prove they have about CAD 1,000 per week of visit per applicant + airfare.

They must include the rent agreement + 2-3 months rent receipts + bank statement to prove the rent deposits

have a house deed (owned by grandmother) which mentions the name of the whole family as legal heirs. visit for 3-4 weeks.
That's fine. As your grandmom continues to remain the owner, it does not matter about legal heirs.

Do post the list of documents if you need any advice. In addition to this, I recommend you buy an overseas travel medical policy for the dates of their intended visit (not the super visa insurance) + do include doctors' certificates that they are in good health to travel

Nate Gee

May 23, 2017
Weird updates today, looks like some new rows were added to my page on the CIC. I did not get any emails or anything.

Last time I checked (June 6th) it said
Final decision: Application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details. All the other rows were marked 'do not need' etc.

However as of today, several new rows have appeared.

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.

However, final decision is still marked as 'Application was approved, send passport etc.'

Very confused and a little worried. Any info? Apparently some people are seeing weird messages as a bug. A bit of a fright for me.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
However, final decision is still marked as 'Application was approved, send passport etc.'

Very confused and a little worried. Any info? Apparently some people are seeing weird messages as a bug. A bit of a fright for me.
#
Yeah, these new rows have been added in the last two days.... and they are confusing!

You must submit your passport within 30 days of getting the passport request. Have you received a passport request letter?

I suggest you email the visa office to request confirmation to submit your passport

Nate Gee

May 23, 2017
#
Yeah, these new rows have been added in the last two days.... and they are confusing!

You must submit your passport within 30 days of getting the passport request. Have you received a passport request letter?

I suggest you email the visa office to request confirmation to submit your passport
Yes we submitted today. Just weird that eligibility and docs are now being 'reviewed' despite it telling me that I was approved.

Big fright earlier.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes we submitted today. Just weird that eligibility and docs are now being 'reviewed' despite it telling me that I was approved.

Big fright earlier.
You're not the only one who's had a big fright in the last two days. Quite a few applicants :):)

cheema302

Star Member
Nov 17, 2015
Hi everyone
Just a quick question. Is there minimum income requirement to apply for TRV for your parents?

vi2

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
You can include your birth certificate (that would have your dad's name) + your dad's birth certificate (that would have your grandparents' names) + an explanation in 2-3 lines

Do they have FDs, shares, LIC, etc?

Typically (and unofficially) they must prove they have about CAD 1,000 per week of visit per applicant + airfare.

They must include the rent agreement + 2-3 months rent receipts + bank statement to prove the rent deposits

That's fine. As your grandmom continues to remain the owner, it does not matter about legal heirs.

Do post the list of documents if you need any advice. In addition to this, I recommend you buy an overseas travel medical policy for the dates of their intended visit (not the super visa insurance) + do include doctors' certificates that they are in good health to travel
Thanks for the inputs @Bryanna

Since my dad is no more, I don't think anybody knows about his birth certificate (plus more than 60 years back I doubt people use to care about the birth certificates in India), can we submit the house deed (which has legal heirs details) to show the relationship proof (or do it via an affidavit or something else)? FD and account details can be submitted. how about the insurance for visitor's visa? since we don't know the date, is it advisable to pay for the visitor's insurance?

List of documents:

1. Utility bills, house deed, bank account statement, FD (to show home ties and financial support separately) that are in her name.
2. Invitation letter from me and my bank account statement, employer letter and salary slips along with purpose of travel letter.
a. My PR card, utility bills and DL to show the address.
b. My wife's PR card and passport.
3. Grandmother's passport scan and affidavit (there is a difference in name (middle name addition) in bank account and passport. passport one is correct.
4. House deed with my grandmother and my name in it along with an explanation letter (to show the proof of relationship)
5. Representation form since I will be representing her case because she doesn't know online browsing and language may also be a challenge.

My brother's (married but coming alone) TRV application is also in process, idea is that they will travel together, since grandmother's visa application was thought of after submitting my brother's TRV application so, would it be good to mention (in the purpose of travel letter) that they will travel together and his visa is already in process?

Looking forward to see you answer this. Thanks :)

Nate Gee

May 23, 2017
You're not the only one who's had a big fright in the last two days. Quite a few applicants :):)
Yeah, was not a pleasant surprise. We got the 'submit passport' message along with something saying our application was approved as well as the barcoded submit passport form.

Then I see all the other stuff suddenly added...and I didn't even submit additional documents, so no idea why they would be getting reviewed.

Hopefully all fine.

vi2

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Thanks for the inputs @Bryanna

Since my dad is no more, I don't think anybody knows about his birth certificate (plus more than 60 years back I doubt people use to care about the birth certificates in India), can we submit the house deed (which has legal heirs details) to show the relationship proof (or do it via an affidavit or something else)? FD and account details can be submitted. how about the insurance for visitor's visa? since we don't know the date, is it advisable to pay for the visitor's insurance?

List of documents:

1. Utility bills, house deed, bank account statement, FD (to show home ties and financial support separately) that are in her name.
2. Invitation letter from me and my bank account statement, employer letter and salary slips along with purpose of travel letter.
a. My PR card, utility bills and DL to show the address.
b. My wife's PR card and passport.
3. Grandmother's passport scan and affidavit (there is a difference in name (middle name addition) in bank account and passport. passport one is correct.
4. House deed with my grandmother and my name in it along with an explanation letter (to show the proof of relationship)
5. Representation form since I will be representing her case because she doesn't know online browsing and language may also be a challenge.

My brother's (married but coming alone) TRV application is also in process, idea is that they will travel together, since grandmother's visa application was thought of after submitting my brother's TRV application so, would it be good to mention (in the purpose of travel letter) that they will travel together and his visa is already in process?

Looking forward to see you answer this. Thanks :)

Hello @Bryanna

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't think anybody knows about his birth certificate (plus more than 60 years back I doubt people use to care about the birth certificates in India), can we submit the house deed (which has legal heirs details) to show the relationship proof (or do it via an affidavit or something else)?
You can try but the house deed may not prove the relationship.

All births and deaths are recorded with the local corporation/government authorities. It would need a bit of work to obtain a copy from the government records but it is doable..... especially if your dad had a Ration Card (in the old days, this was also proof) or a passport or his school leaving certificate.

House deed + property tax receipt + valuation (self or by a CA) + excerpts from market realty reports to back the indicative market rates. Any document which is not in English must be translated by a certified translator.

FD and account details can be submitted.
FD interest certificate + bank statement to which the interest is credited + letter from the bank that the FD(s) are not mortgaged/no loan taken against the FD(s).

how about the insurance for visitor's visa? since we don't know the date, is it advisable to pay for the visitor's insurance?
I strongly recommend that you buy an overseas insurance medical policy for your grandparents (not a super visa insurance). This should cover the dates of their visit (including intended flight dates).

Insurance companies will issue policies that are fully refundable/minor fees to be paid for date changes.

It is possible that IRCC could request your grandparents to go through medicals even for TRVs.

Does your grandmom pay for the utilities?

Also, do check if her finances are good enough to pay for the visit + airfare (without depending on you). Nothing borrowed or transferred at the last minute. Else, you may want to include a Letter of Financial Support from an immediate family member + their bank statement, etc.

You have missed out on:
1. A day-by-day itinerary of your grandmom's plans when she visits with expense estimates

2. Copies your passport + marriage certificate

3. 1-2 must-return-by-a-specific-date events with evidence. This is because the house is not a strong tie for your grandmom as she has already appointed legal heirs

Cheers

vi2

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
You can try but the house deed may not prove the relationship.

All births and deaths are recorded with the local corporation/government authorities. It would need a bit of work to obtain a copy from the government records but it is doable..... especially if your dad had a Ration Card (in the old days, this was also proof) or a passport or his school leaving certificate.

House deed + property tax receipt + valuation (self or by a CA) + excerpts from market realty reports to back the indicative market rates. Any document which is not in English must be translated by a certified translator.

FD interest certificate + bank statement to which the interest is credited + letter from the bank that the FD(s) are not mortgaged/no loan taken against the FD(s).

I strongly recommend that you buy an overseas insurance medical policy for your grandparents (not a super visa insurance). This should cover the dates of their visit (including intended flight dates).

Insurance companies will issue policies that are fully refundable/minor fees to be paid for date changes.

It is possible that IRCC could request your grandparents to go through medicals even for TRVs.

Does your grandmom pay for the utilities?

Also, do check if her finances are good enough to pay for the visit + airfare (without depending on you). Nothing borrowed or transferred at the last minute. Else, you may want to include a Letter of Financial Support from an immediate family member + their bank statement, etc.

You have missed out on:
1. A day-by-day itinerary of your grandmom's plans when she visits with expense estimates

2. Copies your passport + marriage certificate

3. 1-2 must-return-by-a-specific-date events with evidence. This is because the house is not a strong tie for your grandmom as she has already appointed legal heirs

Cheers
Thanks for the info Bryanna, really appreciate your response. Wonderful.

ren_kw

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
Hi! Here's my timeline:
May 3 - applied online from PH
May 12 - got passport request
May 15 - submitted passport to VAC

Hopefully, I will get back my passport tomorrow, May 18.
any advice po for supporting documents.. especially cover letter and i viatation letter