+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2017 TRV Online Application

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
@Bryanna
Hey bryanna hope you doing fine !

Ok so here's an update on my cic account could you help me to understand further .

I can see my UCI number for the first time.
What does that mean ?
Are they finally reviewing my file or something ?

Application status
Application/profile details
Where is this application? Details Help
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
(NEW ROW)Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
(NEW ROW)Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics Completed. Help
(NEW ROW)Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. Help

Thank you

HomerJ

Jun 5, 2017
Hello everyone!!! I have applied TRV for myself and my parents. With my service in defence (left in Mar 17) and my mom's previous rejection history seems it would take some time. Fingers crossed and all the best to the fellow applicants.

Applied : 17 May 2017
Application Type: Paper
VAC: VSF Hyderabad

Regards
Still in progress?

HomerJ

Jun 5, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

I applied TRV for my 3 year old daughter who has been living in India for the past one year with her grandparents. My spouse and I are in Canada (My spouse is a student and I am on sowp). I am on NOC A job for the past 8 months. We still have 8 more months on our visas so I thought we can spend that time as a family here.

I didn't go through the forums before I apply so could you explain how do they assess a toddler's visa documents?

How can we show travel history, back home ties, employment prospects etc etc?

The purpose of visit for my child is to stay with parents during the . Is that a valid purpose of visit ?

sagar2306

Jun 7, 2017
I have applied Paper Based TRV on 19th May 2017 at Ahmedabad VFS Centre. I have to reach Toronto atleast on 25th of June in order to participate in the Exhibition - HITEC, Toronto on behalf of my company.

Notification: Application was forwarded to NEW DELHI on 20th May.
Purpose of Visit: Participate in Hotel Industry Exhibition on behalf of the Software Company.
Travel History: UK, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Morocco, Cambodia, Laos, Ethiopia in last 7 Years.
Submitted Docs: Invitation Letter from Exhibition Company (Canada), Company's Request Letter, Bank Statements of myself and Company's, Salary Stubs, Credit Card Details & Statement issued by my company, Marriage Certificate, ID+Business Card, Company's Registration (USA), Visa Stamps Copy for Travel History, Salary Stubs, Flight & Hotel Bookings.

No Update till date. Anyone think there is a chance to get the Visa Stamped before the 24th of June? Does my frequent travel history helps in order to get positive review for Visa Officer?

Please Suggest!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna
Hey bryanna hope you doing fine !

Ok so here's an update on my cic account could you help me to understand further .

I can see my UCI number for the first time.
What does that mean ?
Are they finally reviewing my file or something ?

Application status
Application/profile details
Where is this application? Details Help
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
(NEW ROW)Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
(NEW ROW)Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics Completed. Help
(NEW ROW)Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. Help

Thank you
Unfortunately, there's nothing to get your hopes high. Not as yet.

It's still in the 'application processing' loop.... at the Background Checks stage. That explains why a decision is taking longer

Reactions: Mrmoody90

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,

I applied TRV for my 3 year old daughter who has been living in India for the past one year with her grandparents. My spouse and I are in Canada (My spouse is a student and I am on sowp). I am on NOC A job for the past 8 months. We still have 8 more months on our visas so I thought we can spend that time as a family here.

I didn't go through the forums before I apply so could you explain how do they assess a toddler's visa documents?

How can we show travel history, back home ties, employment prospects etc etc?

The purpose of visit for my child is to stay with parents during the . Is that a valid purpose of visit ?
It's a tough guess. I guess you got your TRV on the basis that you're leaving your 3-year old daughter behind.

With only 8 months to go on your visas, it's possible that IRCC may not grant a TRV to your daughter.

Nonetheless, I hope I'm wrong. I hope your daughter gets her TRV as she is too young to be separated from her parents

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have applied Paper Based TRV on 19th May 2017 at Ahmedabad VFS Centre. I have to reach Toronto atleast on 25th of June in order to participate in the Exhibition - HITEC, Toronto on behalf of my company.

Notification: Application was forwarded to NEW DELHI on 20th May.
Purpose of Visit: Participate in Hotel Industry Exhibition on behalf of the Software Company.
Travel History: UK, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Morocco, Cambodia, Laos, Ethiopia in last 7 Years.
Submitted Docs: Invitation Letter from Exhibition Company (Canada), Company's Request Letter, Bank Statements of myself and Company's, Salary Stubs, Credit Card Details & Statement issued by my company, Marriage Certificate, ID+Business Card, Company's Registration (USA), Visa Stamps Copy for Travel History, Salary Stubs, Flight & Hotel Bookings.

No Update till date. Anyone think there is a chance to get the Visa Stamped before the 24th of June? Does my frequent travel history helps in order to get positive review for Visa Officer?

Please Suggest!
It's difficult to guess whether you will get your TRV by 24th June. However, as you applied for a Business TRV, it could be possible.

No, your previous travel may not impact a TRV decision because except for your UK visit, the other countries do not count as Travel History for a Canada TRV

Reactions: sagar2306

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
Unfortunately, there's nothing to get your hopes high. Not as yet.

It's still in the 'application processing' loop.... at the Background Checks stage. That explains why a decision is taking longer
Thanks for the reply bryanna

Could you please tell me how long can 'background check' takes and is it Normal In TRV or they're just doing my background check since my spouse is Canadian ?

Thank you

sagar2306

Jun 7, 2017
It's difficult to guess whether you will get your TRV by 24th June. However, as you applied for a Business TRV, it could be possible.

No, your previous travel may not impact a TRV decision because except for your UK visit, the other countries do not count as Travel History for a Canada TRV
Bryanna - Does the Visa Officer process TRV application based on the purpose of visit (Business or Tourism)? I mean are there in department within where Business Related Visa gets processed on earlier? Will sending a request email to New Delhi Centre for processing it quicker help?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for the reply bryanna

Could you please tell me how long can 'background check' takes and is it Normal In TRV or they're just doing my background check since my spouse is Canadian ?

Thank you
It's difficult to say how long background checks could take. That said, as you have been living in Australia since 2009 + you have a valid US visa, my guess your background check could be completed pretty soon.

No, background checks can be done for any TRV applicant regardless of a Canadian spouse

Reactions: Mrmoody90

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Bryanna - Does the Visa Officer process TRV application based on the purpose of visit (Business or Tourism)? I mean are there in department within where Business Related Visa gets processed on earlier? Will sending a request email to New Delhi Centre for processing it quicker help?
For Question 1 (Details of Visit to Canada), did you select 'Business'?

sagar2306

Jun 7, 2017
For Question 1 (Details of Visit to Canada), did you select 'Business'?
While filling up IMM5257E it was provided with only 2 options. 1 as Transit and 2nd as Visitor Visa. I did select Visitor Visa. Although Company Request Letter and Invitation Letter mentioned the purpose as business.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
While filling up IMM5257E it was provided with only 2 options. 1 as Transit and 2nd as Visitor Visa. I did select Visitor Visa. Although Company Request Letter and Invitation Letter mentioned the purpose as business.
'Visitor visa' is correct.

However, you should have selected 'Business' for the 'Details of Visit to Canada'. Anyways

Hope for the best

Reactions: sagar2306

vi2

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
@Bryanna
Hello Bryanna, thanks for helping out the forum members. really appreciate your time and intent. I too have a question, can you please help me know what all proof of relationship documents to submit for grandparent TRV (under visitor's visa not under super visa)? not financially dependent because of rental income but no ITR, aged 81, my father deceased so no direct linkage, have a house deed (owned by grandmother) which mentions the name of the whole family as legal heirs. visit for 3-4 weeks.

Last edited: