+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2017 Citizenship Applicants

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
I never received any mail/email but my ecas updated. I called call center and they are suggesting to just show up on test date with my documents. I am not having good feelings about it. Does anyone know how long is the test and interview for?
Hi. Thats disappointing really. Keep checking your mail. In this letter which I got by email there is also a section where you have to mark prohibitions and sign it and give it back to them on test day. Myself I got email but no update in ecas.I don't check my mail

Ask the call centre about prohibitions section or may be on test day they give you copy of your invitation letter....but do call them and ask

Last edited:

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
I highly recommend going to the passport office directly as you will not have to send out the original documents. You have to bring though your original citizenship document with you and all the other documents that they tell you on the website.

Be there a good half an hour bevor they open!!! Otherwise, you might have to wait for hours, at least in Vancouver.

It took exactly 7 working days for the passport to arrive and yes it is a registered letter and you will have to sign for it.

I was not at home when they tried to deliver the passport so I went to the post-office to pick it up.

It was a fairly straightforward process and as I did it directly at the passport office they checked all my paperwork there and then. Also, they filled all the information straight into the system which means the only thing remaining is the printing of the passport.

Thank you for this detailed reply. Much appreciated!!

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm getting impatient. People whose process starts after me are getting Test Invitation. I called IRCC and they said everything looks good and your file is ready for Test. Just wait. :(

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
I'm getting impatient. People whose process starts after me are getting Test Invitation. I called IRCC and they said everything looks good and your file is ready for Test. Just wait. :(
Just be little patient buddy. May be back ground check has not completed for you yet but hopefully sooner you will get test invitation too :) keep checking your emails and ecas

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
I highly recommend going to the passport office directly as you will not have to send out the original documents. You have to bring though your original citizenship document with you and all the other documents that they tell you on the website.

Be there a good half an hour bevor they open!!! Otherwise, you might have to wait for hours, at least in Vancouver.

It took exactly 7 working days for the passport to arrive and yes it is a registered letter and you will have to sign for it.

I was not at home when they tried to deliver the passport so I went to the post-office to pick it up.

It was a fairly straightforward process and as I did it directly at the passport office they checked all my paperwork there and then. Also, they filled all the information straight into the system which means the only thing remaining is the printing of the passport.
Hi Stef!

You have been very helpful and source of information so far. I really appreciate that. I need some more info please. In the test do we need to take pencil/pen/eraser etc or do they provide. Do we need to do test with pencil or pen ? It sounds silly but I just want to make sure.

Test is of 30 minutes duration ? Right?

Thanks in advance!

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Hi Stef!

You have been very helpful and source of information so far. I really appreciate that. I need some more info please. In the test do we need to take pencil/pen/eraser etc or do they provide. Do we need to do test with pencil or pen ? It sounds silly but I just want to make sure.

Test is of 30 minutes duration ? Right?

Thanks in advance!
They supply you with everything. It is pencil. It is a test that will be scanned afterwards. So you need to shade in the right answer. They will explain it. Test duration depends on you. Not sure about maximum time, but you will not need that. Most people finish within a couple of minutes. Test is doable if you read the book and practice the online tests.

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Hi. Thats disappointing really. Keep checking your mail. In this letter which I got by email there is also a section where you have to mark prohibitions and sign it and give it back to them on test day. Myself I got email but no update in ecas.I don't check my mail

Ask the call centre about prohibitions section or may be on test day they give you copy of your invitation letter....but do call them and ask
I actually asked her if she can forward me that email but she said she is not authorize to forward any documentation though she send me the list of documents that I need to carry on the test date. But you are right, I will call them again. Thanks

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011

Hi mickey_mouse,

I was reading your above message. I as well received an email invitation for the test, but as well my ecas was not updated until today. It has been more than a week from the email. Another issue, shall we sign the prohibition letter before going to the test or sign it there in front of the officer? Thank you for your reply

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
Yes. I never received anything in the mail, just emails.
Hi Stef.

I received email about my test on Nov 29. Do I have to sign the prohibition letter attached before going to the test or I will sign it there in front of the officer? Your advice is kindly appreciated.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Hi mickey_mouse,

I was reading your above message. I as well received an email invitation for the test, but as well my ecas was not updated until today. It has been more than a week from the email. Another issue, shall we sign the prohibition letter before going to the test or sign it there in front of the officer? Thank you for your reply
Well buddy it doesn't matter if you sign before or in front of officer, myself I have ticked and signed it...

Reactions: elie72

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
Well buddy it doesn't matter if you sign before or in front of officer, myself I have ticked and signed it...
Many Thanks for your prompt reply. Good luck in the test. Let's keep posted.
Have a Great Day Buddy!!

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
Another question please. Is you ecas still not updated? mine is not updated with the test invite until today