+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

Pepper80

Feb 26, 2015
Wohoo!! Got my Oath Invite today in the mail for March 15!! :D :D :D ;D ;D :D :D

It was amazing to be part of this journey with all of you. Thanks to all on this forum for your support! Good luck to all those still in the process.

Here's my timeline;

Applied for Citizenship: May 14, 2015
AOR Received: July 02, 2015
In Process: August 31, 2015
Test date: Feb 1, 2016
DM: Feb 18, 2016
Oath: March 15, 2016

CIC Office: Hamilton

victoria2016

Feb 29, 2016
Pepper80 said:
Wohoo!! Got my Oath Invite today in the mail for March 15!! :D :D :D ;D ;D :D :D

It was amazing to be part of this journey with all of you. Thanks to all on this forum for your support! Good luck to all those still in the process.

Here's my timeline;

Applied for Citizenship: May 14, 2015
AOR Received: July 02, 2015
In Process: August 31, 2015
Test date: Feb 1, 2016
DM: Feb 18, 2016
Oath: March 15, 2016

CIC Office: Hamilton
Congratulations, Pepper. My local office is Hamilton as well.
You had your test on 1 Feb, Monday. I always assume that Hamilton
has test on Thursdays only.

Would you please share your interview experience with me?
Thanks.

Pepper80

Feb 26, 2015
victoria2016 said:
Congratulations, Pepper. My local office is Hamilton as well.
You had your test on 1 Feb, Monday. I always assume that Hamilton
has test on Thursdays only.

Would you please share your interview experience with me?
Thanks.
Hi Victoria, not sure about the test being on Thursdays only as mine was on a Monday, i.e. Feb 1st. My Interview was pretty straight forward. Lasted for about 7-10 minutes. The officer asked me for all my passports current and expired, PR Card, Drivers License. She then proceeded to verify my absences from my passports and looked through previous passports as well. She asked me about my job in detail, and also asked about the immigration status of my family. I felt my interview took a bit longer probably because I had a few absences - many of the others with me were just in and out. Hope this helps.....Good luck with your application!

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi folks,

Congrats to the Oath and test invitees :)

I am scheduled for testing in Scarborough on March 16th. Really need inputs from all of you tested at Scarborough...

How is the experience?
What to expect?
Is test on computer or oral/interview?
What all happens on the interview day?
Do we need to carry additional documents, other than listed in the test invite?
Any points you suggest to keep in mind?

Sorry for so many questions. Anxiety is taking over me :).

Thanks everyone,,,

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
nubee said:
Hi folks,

I am scheduled for testing in Scarborough on March 16th. Really need inputs from all of you tested at Scarborough...

1. How is the experience?
2. What to expect?
3. Is test on computer or oral/interview?
4. What all happens on the interview day?
5. Do we need to carry additional documents, other than listed in the test invite?
6. Any points you suggest to keep in mind?

7. Sorry for so many questions. Anxiety is taking over me :).
1. amazing great.

2. hope for the best, sleep well and relax.

3. you mark your answers on a card they give you. you fill out the right answer( out of 3 options)

4. they chit chat with you a bit, they will ask you how is your experience in the last few years in Canada,( they want to see first hand how well you know English) if you traveled a lot they might ask a few additional questions. but nothing serious.

5. no need, some say you should carry as much documents to prove your ties to Canada as you can. i don't think so, just bring the papers and passport they ask you to bring.

6. yes ! try a lot the online test, read the book @ least twice, and relax.

7. my pleasure and we are all here to help each other.

******************************** good luck in your test, and dont forget you are a Canadian very soon ! Eh? ;) ;)**********************************

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot Ari :D :D :D. You are like a big help..

I so appreciate your detailed reply to my queries. Glad to see that in spite of you becoming a citizen, you are taking time out to help others. May you always be blessed!

Do you have a link to online test? I'd be eager to take few tests.

Thanks again. All the best wishes,

PS: We should have a get together of may 2015 batch when its almost completed the journey. I think its about to be there in 2-3 months..

ari5323 said:
1. amazing great.

2. hope for the best, sleep well and relax.

3. you mark your answers on a card they give you. you fill out the right answer( out of 3 options)

4. they chit chat with you a bit, they will ask you how is your experience in the last few years in Canada,( they want to see first hand how well you know English) if you traveled a lot they might ask a few additional questions. but nothing serious.

5. no need, some say you should carry as much documents to prove your ties to Canada as you can. i don't think so, just bring the papers and passport they ask you to bring.

6. yes ! try a lot the online test, read the book @ least twice, and relax.

7. my pleasure and we are all here to help each other.

******************************** good luck in your test, and dont forget you are a Canadian very soon ! Eh? ;) ;)**********************************

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all.

Is it just me? It seems Toronto applicants show really slow progress;;

I haven't received anything from CIC yet after In Progress status on July 2015

From tracker, I noticed a lot of applicants at least got test invitation.

No RQ, no inviation, nothing at all;; :( :(

I'm starting to get worried..

Cyncyn

Feb 17, 2016
nubee said:
Hi folks,

How is the experience?
What to expect?
Is test on computer or oral/interview?
What all happens on the interview day?
Do we need to carry additional documents, other than listed in the test invite?
Any points you suggest to keep in mind?

Sorry for so many questions. Anxiety is taking over me :).

Thanks everyone,,,
Congrats Nubee! I am having my oath ceremony on the same day there!

The whole process for the test/interview was pretty fast. I got everything done in approximately an hour which seemed to be faster than other people.
I was there 10 mins earlier than my scheduled time and that was more than enough. No need to be there super early ( I heard people went there half an hour earlier which was time wasted). Experience was great as others mentioned. Just stay relaxed and calm for the whole process and you will be fine.
You will be given a scantron sheet to fill in for the written test. And yup, you will be using a pencil to bubble your answers. Instructions will be provided fully by officers. After that, you will be called for an interview by an officer.
I provided him the documents listed on the letter. He scanned through a few of them while chatting with me. Simple questions related to my trips/work/education. I was literally in his room for like one minute and he said everything was perfect. I guess they just want to check your basic communication skills together with your documentations.
I read the book 3 times and did some questions online. Highly recommend you an APP called OCASI. I also googled some sample questions on public library website.
One thing keep in mind: relax and you will be fine!

Cyncyn

Feb 17, 2016
wcikkk said:
Hi all.

I believe you will be receiving your test invitation soon! It seems like May applicants processed in Toronto are slower than others, but the Scarborough office improved their progress dramatically in the past month.

CCanadaa

Jan 27, 2016
wcikkk said:
Hi all.

You shouldn't worry at all, I'm sure you will get test invitation soon... Good luck.

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
my husband had his test feb 22 in scarborough and we received his oath letter dated feb 25 just a couple days ago. oath date in scarborough is march 16! good luck to everyone still waiting.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
figgy said:
my husband had his test feb 22 in scarborough and we received his oath letter dated feb 25 just a couple days ago. oath date in scarborough is march 16! good luck to everyone still waiting.
Wow, congrats that's pretty fast, its quite encouraging to learn Scarborough is processing so fast. ;D

russ007

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats...we had our test on 26th feb, decision made on ecas today.....awaiting the oath letter

Canadiandesi2006 said:
Wow, congrats that's pretty fast, its quite encouraging to learn Scarborough is processing so fast. ;D