+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Badshah thank you :) I like my birthday date and the month itself, it looks like I'm lucky during the time of October :D

@pl840502 thanks for the idea. I got DM status today, prolly was put to the system right away last Friday and status just updated today. Hopefully I'll hear about oath soon.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
oren said:
@Badshah thank you :) I like my birthday date and the month itself, it looks like I'm lucky during the time of October :D

@pl840502 thanks for the idea. I got DM status today, prolly was put to the system right away last Friday and status just updated today. Hopefully I'll hear about oath soon.

wowowo Oren,

DM so fast, you are so lucky.
Congratsm and blessings for your oath soon 8) 8) 8) 8)

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks ari! Good luck on your test. Keep doing those practise test after reading the booklet at least once.

ari5323 said:
wowowo Oren,

DM so fast, you are so lucky.
Congratsm and blessings for your oath soon 8) 8) 8) 8)

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
applicant361 said:
Ottawa, you are the worst.
I agree :( ... keeping my fingers crossed to hear something by the end of this month? maybe...?

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Oh boy...
I have my test on Oct 21st.

I am literally shaking. Less about the test and more about the interview. A lot of very horrible scenarios keep crossing my mind. Almost in a very paranoid way.
Gee. I REALLY hope everything goes fine. I've been taking a lot of hard hits from life lately (the last 2 years). It would be soooooooooo nice if I have this win.

Conratz to you all who passed the test/interview. You certainly deserve.

Cheers!

rfirmeza

Jul 8, 2015
Hi @Bigudi, relax, take deep breaths and you will be fine. At moments it feels like we might be losing all the time, but our "luck" comes in cycles and it looks like your UP cycle is coming next.

Enjoy the study, it is actually a good opportunity for us immigrants to learn more about the areas that are often overlooked when we move to a new country, such as politics, geography, history, etc.

na123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
Hi all,

Did any one from the Montreal office or any other office received their test invite by email? It seems most people are receiving their test invite by mail, while I received it by email and my ecas didn't update about the information regarding the test invite. Is that normal?

Also, any estimates on the wait time for Oath after test?

Thanks.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
na123 said:
Hi all,

Did any one from the Montreal office or any other office received their test invite by email? It seems most people are receiving their test invite by mail, while I received it by email and my ecas didn't update about the information regarding the test invite. Is that normal?

Also, any estimates on the wait time for Oath after test?

Thanks.
As you mentioned, I got my invitation via regular mail. But to be honest, I didn't bother to check my e-CAS, so I ave no idea if it is updated or not. Frankly, I have all the information i need in that invitation letter and I don't care much about e-CAS right now. I have the impression the e-CAS is more like a "helpful timeline", but nothing super official.
Cheers!

OAF

Jul 7, 2015
I received my test invitation today. The test is on Nov 5th, Montreal office.

I received the invitation by email, ecas not shown yet.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
OAF said:
I received my test invitation today. The test is on Nov 5th, Montreal office.

I received the invitation by email, ecas not shown yet.
Congrats on Test Invite

jxyj01

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
Hello Folks,

I had my test on Oct 13. Finished test in less than five minutes, scored 19. Read book few times. Was called for interview after the test. Officer was nice and friendly. He checked IDs, (landing document, PR card, driver license, passports). I will recommend taking copies of all pages of passport in case they were not attached with the application. He looked into the entry exit stamps along with residence calculator paper and asked for the nature of visits. I didn't have entry stamps to Canada from US on two occasions. I did attach the arrival departure record from US (I-94 record is available online) and told him to find the page in my application. He seemed satisfied with that. He asked for my unemployment period. Told him I was on EI and had enough savings. He also inquired about my current work. I work as an independent contractor, showed him my company's article of incorporation and few contract papers. Told me that an invitation for oath will be sent in 2-4 months. It as good experience and he was very nice and friendly.

TomTony

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jxyj01 said:
Hello Folks,

I had my test on Oct 13. Finished test in less than five minutes, scored 19. Read book few times. Was called for interview after the test. Officer was nice and friendly. He checked IDs, (landing document, PR card, driver license, passports). I will recommend taking copies of all pages of passport in case they were not attached with the application. He looked into the entry exit stamps along with residence calculator paper and asked for the nature of visits. I didn't have entry stamps to Canada from US on two occasions. I did attach the arrival departure record from US (I-94 record is available online) and told him to find the page in my application. He seemed satisfied with that. He asked for my unemployment period. Told him I was on EI and had enough savings. He also inquired about my current work. I work as an independent contractor, showed him my company's article of incorporation and few contract papers. Told me that an invitation for oath will be sent in 2-4 months. It as good experience and he was very nice and friendly.
Congratulations,

I was unemployed for 8 months, I have not received test invitation yet! For how long you were unemployed?

legolas

Jul 21, 2015
Brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
Brampton is no better. Very Slow :'(

nncs said:
I agree :( ... keeping my fingers crossed to hear something by the end of this month? maybe...?

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
jxyj01 said:
Hello Folks,

Congrats