march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
chikloo said:
Got a letter from sydney to send photocopies of all landing passport. Looks like the application will be delayed
Did you got a letter from Sydney or from local office?

OlgaP

Aug 19, 2015
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 28, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 22, 2015.
We started processing your application on August 4, 2015.

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
OlgaP said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 28, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 22, 2015.
We started processing your application on August 4, 2015.
Congrats

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jassi_cool1980 said:
Did you got a letter from Sydney or from local office?
Sydney. The letter addressed me to send it to Sydney. Usually they ask it to be sent to local office if the file has been transferred. This shows that the file has not been transferred.

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
chikloo said:
Sydney. The letter addressed me to send it to Sydney. Usually they ask it to be sent to local office if the file has been transferred. This shows that the file has not been transferred.
oo ok , i thought it be from local office since it's been almost a month that your file is in process

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jassi_cool1980 said:
oo ok , i thought it be from local office since it's been almost a month that your file is in process
I thought so too. The problem with CIC is there is no single line queue where you are processed in the first come first serve basis. I also don't know why they need all pages of passport. If so they should ask that with the initial application as a mandatory document. This is their silly way of delay tactics. Since they have requested for a document apartment from the initial application, now it is non routine and can take up to 36 months. Silly according to me. Who can question them? They have no one to make them accountable.

OAF

Jul 7, 2015
Could you update the spreadsheet? My application is in process now.

Application Received: May 19, 2015
AOR received: July 7, 2015
In Process: Aug 18, 2015

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
chikloo said:
(...) I also don't know why they need all pages of passport. If so they should ask that with the initial application as a mandatory document. (...)
Actually, it would make much more sense and also it would be much more efficient and accurate if they asked the info straight to CBSA.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bigudi said:
Actually, it would make much more sense and also it would be much more efficient and accurate if they asked the info straight to CBSA.
CBSA is always not that helpful either. They miss entries/exits all the time. I think they should make it mandatory to get all the pages upfront.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You're more fortunate than aburana who got RQ after test because he was asked to provide all pages of his passport/s. But ya I wish CIC made it all pages instead of just stamped pages :/ I had mine ready and I got two passports so that was thick but then I was worried that they'll get picky on why I'm sending everything so I removed those other non-required pages lol!!

Anyway I'll make sure to bring my original passports and full copy of my passports when I do my interview so it's ready in case they need it...

chikloo said:
I thought so too. The problem with CIC is there is no single line queue where you are processed in the first come first serve basis. I also don't know why they need all pages of passport. If so they should ask that with the initial application as a mandatory document. This is their silly way of delay tactics. Since they have requested for a document apartment from the initial application, now it is non routine and can take up to 36 months. Silly according to me. Who can question them? They have no one to make them accountable.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Around the same time I was sending my application for renewal of PR Card and a citizenship application, and since I already had to send all pages of all passports plus translations of stamps not in English or French for the PR Card renewal, I paid a small fee to have two of those, one to be sent with the PR Card application, and another for the citizenship application. For the PR Card I sent black and white photocopies, and for the citizenship application I sent colour photocopies. It gives me some peace of mind to have it all there already, and hope nothing extra is required (e.g. FOIA records).

aburana

Apr 20, 2012
Yes Oren that's smart to do so; and I wish more people see this so they are better prepared.

And I totally agree with Chicloo that if they need these documents (e.g. photocopy of all pages of pp) they could have asked for them in the initial application. Save trouble for both applicants and CIC.

oren said:
You're more fortunate than aburana who got RQ after test because he was asked to provide all pages of his passport/s. But ya I wish CIC made it all pages instead of just stamped pages :/ I had mine ready and I got two passports so that was thick but then I was worried that they'll get picky on why I'm sending everything so I removed those other non-required pages lol!!

Anyway I'll make sure to bring my original passports and full copy of my passports when I do my interview so it's ready in case they need it...

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oren said:

The thing is application should not be based on fortune or misfortune. If that is the case we can just leave everything to that. We pay $630 and they should have some accountability for their procedure.
I also had the passport page copy ready. Problem is sending too much information may automatically trigger RQ. In my application I sent all information possible including CBP, CBSA, NOA, credit card statement, OHIP and letter of experiences which are not needed for a complete application. What I get back was a RQ right before my test. Luckily I was transferred to CEN montreal this april and got my citizenship this May.
Current application is for my wife.

I think luckily you did not preemptively send the passport pages. They are not needed for very many applicants until the test where like arubana get RQd. So sending the right papers is the best thing to do.

aburana

Apr 20, 2012
Right. I did not send any extra information in the original package except what was requested.
I hope people who see this post can be better prepared for their interviews (bring as much relevant information as you can, print out copies of your passport, so you can provide them to the officer on site without being issued the form CIT0520 and mailing them back to the office). Of course, I know that some people got this form (in mail) after the interview.

I agree that application process should not be based on fortune. CIC could have a better/more efficient model of the process, based on so many applications that they have dealt with.

chikloo said:
The thing is application should not be based on fortune or misfortune. If that is the case we can just leave everything to that. We pay $630 and they should have some accountability for their procedure.
I also had the passport page copy ready. Problem is sending too much information may automatically trigger RQ. In my application I sent all information possible including CBP, CBSA, NOA, credit card statement, OHIP and letter of experiences which are not needed for a complete application. What I get back was a RQ right before my test. Luckily I was transferred to CEN montreal this april and got my citizenship this May.
Current application is for my wife.

I think luckily you did not preemptively send the passport pages. They are not needed for very many applicants until the test where like arubana get RQd. So sending the right papers is the best thing to do.

Badshah bhai

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
This is update for KUROMISHRA. he is my son applied as single adult.
File in Process from 18th Aug 2015.
ecas activated with this information on 20th Aug. 2015.
Please update the file and oblige. when we should expect the Test
He is in Surrey, BC