+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
My timeline is this you'll have to enter it if it matters -- I'm in rural Thailand, in an infernal Internet cafe filled with tiny, shrieking Thai gamers . . .

May 4th -- sent application in for citizenship, with 1115 days. (Family app, two parents, one child)
May 6th -- application received.
June 21st -- received AOR

As for travelling, I didn't consult a lawyer and I don't think there is any reason to. I'm taking 3 months of paternity leave to spend with my wife's family, there's nothing wrong or mysterious about that; I still have my job and house in Edmonton. RQ does not matter that much to us, since we are settled in Canada, and the value of the trip is greater than not taking it because of fear of a longer wait time.

I imagine that if I was working abroad I might want to check with a lawyer about the new 'intent to reside' provision, but otherwise, no. I sent it in at the last minute before leaving to ensure that we wouldn't miss any important processing requests or checkpoints while we were travelling, even though in Edmonton there is no reason to expect it to be processed that quickly. Until now I've been bothered by the fact that I think I forgot to sign the pictures and send in the photography studio contact information (if it was returned, we couldn't apply until mid-December).

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
oren said:
But that was their mistake :/ I don't get why they can't resend you an email...

Congrats! Who received your package?

I'm expecting mine to be 8-10months, hopefully including passport lol!! Then off to Europe or Asia --- Welcome World!!
What location are u applying from... That ur count of 8-10 mths is reflected?

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Location is Toronto/Scarborough. It's just an ideal timeline that's safe and realistic, well, and what I sort of hope for. No source really but CIC said 1 year or less so 10 months a good bet.

I can't remember much but I was following the Scarborough office thread before. I'll go around and roam that one again and see how the processing time is in that office.

boltz said:
What location are u applying from... That ur count of 8-10 mths is reflected?

Current Statistics as of June 23, 2015 8:22 pm

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've updated your info. What courier did you use and who received it?

on-hold said:
My timeline is this you'll have to enter it if it matters -- I'm in rural Thailand, in an infernal Internet cafe filled with tiny, shrieking Thai gamers . . .

May 4th -- sent application in for citizenship, with 1115 days. (Family app, two parents, one child)
May 6th -- application received.
June 21st -- received AOR

As for travelling, I didn't consult a lawyer and I don't think there is any reason to. I'm taking 3 months of paternity leave to spend with my wife's family, there's nothing wrong or mysterious about that; I still have my job and house in Edmonton. RQ does not matter that much to us, since we are settled in Canada, and the value of the trip is greater than not taking it because of fear of a longer wait time.

I imagine that if I was working abroad I might want to check with a lawyer about the new 'intent to reside' provision, but otherwise, no. I sent it in at the last minute before leaving to ensure that we wouldn't miss any important processing requests or checkpoints while we were travelling, even though in Edmonton there is no reason to expect it to be processed that quickly. Until now I've been bothered by the fact that I think I forgot to sign the pictures and send in the photography studio contact information (if it was returned, we couldn't apply until mid-December).

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ari5323 said:
CIC is not/ and is not allowed to look in the CBSA , only for the new applicants 4/6 rule.
It depends whether you selected a box in your application allowing them too.
Nobody forces you to choose "yes", but choosing "no" is clearly a very red flag for CIC.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Just received AOR email at 7:16pm :)

pl840502

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oren said:
Hehe... Can I expect my AoR this week :3
Yes, It's your turn now! Or maybe check your ecas, maybe it's activated already like mine did...

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I check Ecas now and then but nothing... Looks like they missed one tritri and 2 May 7th applicants :(

pl840502 said:
Yes, It's your turn now! Or maybe check your ecas, maybe it's activated already like mine did...

Current Statistics as of June 24, 2015 8:33 am

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Weee just got an email few minutes ago 8:36am EST
Lol they didn't even put my name, it's exactly like that lol!!
But still happy YEHEY!!

Subject: Citizenship & Immigration Canada: Information about CXXXXXXXXX

Dear [CIC CIT Correspondence.CIC Given Name] [CIC CIT Correspondence.CIC Family Name],

Please find information concerning your application for citizenship in the attached document.

Sincerely,
Citizenship Official

Attachment: APPLICATION FOR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP (CIT0425.pdf)

russ007

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!

oren said:
But still happy YEHEY!!

Dear [CIC CIT Correspondence.CIC Given Name] [CIC CIT Correspondence.CIC Family Name],

Please find information concerning your application for citizenship in the attached document.

Sincerely,
Citizenship Official

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
oren said:
But still happy YEHEY!!

Sincerely,
Citizenship Official

Good

pl840502

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oren said:
But still happy YEHEY!!

Sincerely,
Citizenship Official

Congrats! So there's also an pdf attachment in the mail? What does it say in the PDF?

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
oren said:
But still happy YEHEY!!

Sincerely,
Citizenship Official

Wowowo GREEN FOR OREN

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you :)
russ007 said:
Congrats!
Yup good :)
jassi_cool1980 said:
I'm not sure about the mail. I only got email so far.
PDF:
'CIC will review your application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required... when reviewed and has met basic eligibility, CIC will invite you to a knowledge test, interview and/or ceremony, as applicable'
Plus all those Discovery Canada & CIC links and contact information.
pl840502 said:
Congrats! So there's also an pdf attachment in the mail? What does it say in the PDF?
Hahaha I know!! Weee...
ari5323 said:
Wowowo GREEN FOR OREN