+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Hey, I have the same question as the poster just above me -- I sent my application in on May 4th, and I suspect that I either forgot to sign the photos, or to include the information on the studio who took them. We sent it in just before leaving the country for 3 months, so we can't receive letters; but I just got an email AOR from CIC. Does this simply mean that they acknowledge receiving our package, or does it mean that they've checked our package and found that it's eligible for processing?

If the latter, that would be a load off my mind.

TomTony

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
on-hold said:
Hey, I have the same question as the poster just above me -- I sent my application in on May 4th, and I suspect that I either forgot to sign the photos, or to include the information on the studio who took them. We sent it in just before leaving the country for 3 months, so we can't receive letters; but I just got an email AOR from CIC. Does this simply mean that they acknowledge receiving our package, or does it mean that they've checked our package and found that it's eligible for processing?

If the latter, that would be a load off my mind.
That means they have accepted your application, they will start processing it soon... Congratulations :)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@ pl840502

if ecas has been activated then it means the application has been accepted. You can contact the call centre at 1-888-242-2100 to ask if they can resend the AOR. AOR has generic text with some information about test guidelines and the application number.
You can ask cic call centre about the application number too in case if they can't resend the AOR.

@ on-hold

AOR means that the application has been accepted.

Please note, cic during the processing of application anytime can ask for additional documentation.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
That's awesome -- in reality, it would have only made a difference of a few months, since if this one had been returned we would have applied in December, but that would have put a bit of a pall over our vacation.

If CIC requests additional documents, will they always do it with a formal letter, or would there be an email as well? We won't be back until early August -- though I suspect there is no rush, I doubt that everyone is leaping to process my file.

I have another question. Judging from the AOR, they seem to have concluded that my son's first name is Master, when this is actually just an old-fashioned English usage for a young boy, similar to Mister. For some reason the country where he was born adopted it for their English versions of official documents. Does anyone have any experience with that? Can I fix it just by calling them up, or is it going to be a more protracted process?

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
pl840502 said:
I haven't receive my AOR yet (i've been checking my email constantly, since may). But just now I checked my ECAS it has already been activated and says

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 6, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 18, 2015.

Does this absolutely mean that I've got AOR? because i forgot to print my name at the back of my photos (single applicant) and I was worried it can get returned.

Anyway, I'll wait for a few more days to see if I'll receive the AOR before I call CIC.

Oren how do you want me to update the spreadsheet? It's signed by DL
how do you check your ecas status ?

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
What is the process flow?

AOR >> in process >> local office transfer >> invite for test >> test >> invite for oath >> oath

Is the above complete / makes sense?

We know AOR is running around 45 - 50 days now ( irrespective of local office)... What about approx timelines for the rest... I know it depends on local offices; however if there is a generic ranges, it'll help. Thx.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Using this website to check your file status: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en&_ga=1.123058571.1492682375.1429117532

jassi_cool1980 said:
how do you check your ecas status ?

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not really important or at least I'm checking if the pile for DS S and DL are always ahead from the rest. I know that they are just receivers but then my guess is they pile applications before giving it to an agent or maybe they have a designated agents. Just some speculations in my head. Maybe it's just a coincidence that DS S and DL applicants get their AoR first than MK. Not sure if Mike is MK.

Alias said:
Hi,

I am a June applicant and am happy to see that the May applications have started getting the AORs. So best of luck to everyone.

Question to Oren - why do you think it matters who received the application package? Have you seen any trend depending on who has received it? I think CIC has dedicated resources at their front desk/receiving centre available just to sign and receive the package. Then it should go to a central place from where it is assigned to officers.

Thanks,

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
oren said:
Using this website to check your file status: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en&_ga=1.123058571.1492682375.1429117532
thx i was just wondering if i am doing anything wrong

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Forgot to ask, who received your package?

pksri said:
It was a Family Application (Me and my wife). Fed Ex by Land. Location: Mississauga.

Oh no worries I can update it for you :)

pl840502 said:
I haven't receive my AOR yet (i've been checking my email constantly, since may). But just now I checked my ECAS it has already been activated and says

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 6, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 18, 2015.

Does this absolutely mean that I've got AOR? because i forgot to print my name at the back of my photos (single applicant) and I was worried it can get returned.

Anyway, I'll wait for a few more days to see if I'll receive the AOR before I call CIC.

Oren how do you want me to update the spreadsheet? It's signed by DL

Current Statistics as of June 23, 2015 8:26 am

pl840502

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jassi_cool1980 said:
thx i was just wondering if i am doing anything wrong
Yes it's the link that Oren posted, and I used receipt number which is the number you got after paying the fees to check the status.

Oren I'll leave my column in the sheet for now. I'll update mine after I received the email. No email so far

Lego

May 10, 2015
Folks,
Count me in Green :) :)... Received my AOR today 8:33 am MDT.
My timeline is:

Applicant type: Family (2xAdult, 2xChild)
Physical Presence Days: 1100 (family 1107)
Application Mailed: May 03, 2015
Application Received: May , 2015
Received by: DL

AND I forgot to write names, back of photographs.

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey there, congrats on AOR. I also got my AOR last week.

I noticed that you have traveled out of the country for 3 months after filing your application. Did you check if it impacts the application process in any manner? Did you speak with any lawyer before travel? I also have a need to travel out of the country for 1-2 months for my wedding but I am afraid to finalize wedding dates as I am not sure of the impact of travel on the process.

May be other senior members can also share their experience.

Thanks,

on-hold said:
That's awesome -- in reality, it would have only made a difference of a few months, since if this one had been returned we would have applied in December, but that would have put a bit of a pall over our vacation.

If CIC requests additional documents, will they always do it with a formal letter, or would there be an email as well? We won't be back until early August -- though I suspect there is no rush, I doubt that everyone is leaping to process my file.

I have another question. Judging from the AOR, they seem to have concluded that my son's first name is Master, when this is actually just an old-fashioned English usage for a young boy, similar to Mister. For some reason the country where he was born adopted it for their English versions of official documents. Does anyone have any experience with that? Can I fix it just by calling them up, or is it going to be a more protracted process?

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Lego said:
Folks,
Count me in Green :) :)... Received my AOR today 8:33 am MDT.
My timeline is:

Applicant type: Family (2xAdult, 2xChild)
Physical Presence Days: 1100 (family 1107)
Application Mailed: May 03, 2015
Application Received: May , 2015
Received by: DL

AND I forgot to write names, back of photographs.
GO, go green go, Go , go green go. :p :p
Congrats. DL is working hard (-: we are running short of the green paint

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
on-hold said:

CIC will always request additional documents in a formal letter by mail. I have heard CIC has started sending emails for oath invites as well.

You should contact cic call centre regarding the confusion regarding Master/Mister to get it corrected.

Are you from India? Usually people use Master/Mister/Shri/Smt etc in front of names in order to give respect.

By the way, what's your timeline?