+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I always check April 2015 applicants to know which week CIC at. Haven't seen anyone beyond April 23 for AoR so probably another 2-3weeks for first week May applicants.

Destined said:
Re: may 2015 applicants for citizenship

No AOR's yet for any of the May applicants.. Any guess from members?? why we are not getting any AOR's. Is it because of CIC staff getting trained on new rules of C-24?? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Admin,Can we add the City column in the excel sheet so that we have a better understanding of the local office of the applicants.. :) :) :) :)

Thankyou
regards
Destined

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
That's good to know.
And also, that's clever.

oren said:
I always check April 2015 applicants to know which week CIC at. Haven't seen anyone beyond April 20th for AoR so probably another 2-3weeks for first week May applicants.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hehe thanks. I updated my reply cause I saw someone got an AoR on March 20th, CIC received it last March 23. Almost a month of waiting once CIC received the package.

Bigudi said:
That's good to know.
And also, that's clever.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Friends, another question. Just out of curiosity.

Of course I filled the absence days as precisely as I could. I am pretty sure that I got it accurately.
But... for the sake of the argument, let's say I got some dates wrong, making the final number of absent days be incorrect by, let's say, a couple of days.
I have way more presence days than required (around 1380 days). Do you think the simple fact that it is different from the official records they could give me a hard time? Or do you think they anticipate that humans can make this kind of mistake, specially considering they don't stamp our passport every time?
What do you think?

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you should be fine, worst case will be RQ but with the number of presence days you we're here I don't think that's questionable. They might just verify you later during the interview. Well I don't know much but that's what I think. I have 1391 physical presence days when I signed it last May 4th.

Bigudi said:

Of course I filled the absence days as precisely as I could. I am pretty sure that I got it accurately.
But... for the sake of the argument, let's say I got some dates wrong, making the final number of absent days be incorrect by, let's say, a couple of days.
I have way more presence days than required (around 1380 days). Do you think the simple fact that it is different from the official records they could give me a hard time? Or do you think they anticipate that humans can make this kind of mistake, specially considering they don't stamp our passport every time?
What do you think?

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
Bigudi said:

What do you think?
Probably no body can answer this question here on this forum. Everybody is on same boat

ottawanboy

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I've just mailed my application today and updated the info on spreadsheet. Good luck to us all, Cheers.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
I understand... but you never know. Someone might know people that applied in different situations with different results. There is always that guy with a lot of experience.

jassi_cool1980 said:
Probably no body can answer this question here on this forum. Everybody is on same boat

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Oh guys,
By the way. Don't be angry with me. I am just asking all these questions because I get very anxious when dealing with government stuff. That's because in the country I come from they don't have brains. They are human machines that don't give a f$%* if there is another human being behind those forms. If there is a comma out of place, they will refuse your application, and generally they won't even communicate the refusal. And if they do, they won't tell why. It is the land of bureaucracy and ignorant people working for the government.
So... after a lifetime having these experiences, it is very hard to relax when dealing with government.
Cheers!

gutts06

May 26, 2015
guys any idea when can I expect my OATH letter. I gave my test in Mississauga on 20th May. Anyone who has appeared for the test in April / May and has received the OATH letter in mail??

ctspeight

Dec 5, 2011
Hi,

I have another question. For the education history in the past 4 years - I took a professional development class at McGill University, its was one night a week for 12 weeks, do you think that counts? I would rather not include it as i have my application all ready to go, unless you think it is required?

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Probably better to check the other months like the month when you sent your application to CIC so you're at the same process. Currently it says 2-4months from test but no concrete proof.

This link might help if they have info like what KingRez is providing at Scarborough office/timeline thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t279159.0.html;msg4326864#msg4326864

gutts06 said:
guys any idea when can I expect my OATH letter. I gave my test in Mississauga on 20th May. Anyone who has appeared for the test in April / May and has received the OATH letter in mail??

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
gutts06 said:
please wait for 2-3 months( usually waiting for oath letter is up to 6 months). I gave test in April and I still haven't received the oath invite yet.

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, this topic is used by those who have "sent in applications/applied for citizenship in May 2015". It would be great if we keep it focused on that.

For those who applied earlier, can you guys please share your discussions under the right topics. It would be very helpful to everyone applying in May 2015 as we are talking about AOR...oath is way too far for this group.

Thanks a lot everyone.....Best wishes,

gutts06 said: