+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Munchenxx said:
Hi my dear May-2015 fellows,

Just wanna confirm: which date will be used to decide if one is applicable of the new C-24 rule ot the existing 1095 days rule? The date when our application package is delivered and signed by CIC? Or the date when AOR is received?

My instance: My application package is received by CIC today. IF(i say IF) C-24 gets into effective on Jun,01,2015, and CIC only open my package and send me AOR in Aug,2015. Will I still be applicable to the existing 1095 days rule? OR the new C-24 rule?

Thanks a lot.
The truth is no one knows. there is no official announcement.

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
I read somewhere at this forum that someone forgot to write his/her name with the dates and the stamps on and got the AOR. So I guess you should be fine..

My case is worse, I forgot the name as well as the stamps. God knows what's gonna happen. Hahaha

Bigudi said:
Hello friends,
I sent my Canadian Citizen Application yesterday, the May 21st.
I tried to do it very, VERY organized and thoroughly. I proofread my form several times and gave it to a person to also proofread it. I gathered all the necessary documents and organized everything in a very neat way.
I separated all documents and forms with paper clips and a colorful post-it naming exactly what contains each paper clip. In a few words, I tried to make the agent's job as easy as possible.
However... as soon as I laid my head on the pillow last night, I realized that I forgot to write my name on the back of the photos. They have the stamps with the local where they were made and the date... but I really forgot to write my name.
I read here on this topic that someone had no problems with that, but at the same time, this is completely random.
Anyone else had any experience of this kind with friends to share?
I hope everything is going to be fine. I am really nervous and can't relax right now. When the law changes, I don't know how much more difficult it will be to get this citizenship.
The spreadsheet is a great idea and I will fill it with my data.
Thanks everybody!

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
USK said:
I read somewhere at this forum that someone forgot to write his/her name with the dates and the stamps on and got the AOR. So I guess you should be fine..

My case is worse, I forgot the name as well as the stamps. God knows what's gonna happen. Hahaha
Yes, I read something like this too. I just wanted to know if we have more cases like that.

About your specific case... I really hope you get it smoothly, my friend. Maybe there are some nice agents who knows that it is a waste of money to return the application just because of tiny details and they just ask more clarifications in the future.
Fingers crossed, my friend. All of us.

russ007

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Is it single or family application? If it's a single application I think they will accept it, however if it's family application then the agent won't know which photo belongs to which application and that's why they asked the applicant's name to be written at the back of the photo.

Good luck!

Bigudi said:
Hello friends,
I sent my Canadian Citizen Application yesterday, the May 21st.
I tried to do it very, VERY organized and thoroughly. I proofread my form several times and gave it to a person to also proofread it. I gathered all the necessary documents and organized everything in a very neat way.
I separated all documents and forms with paper clips and a colorful post-it naming exactly what contains each paper clip. In a few words, I tried to make the agent's job as easy as possible.
However... as soon as I laid my head on the pillow last night, I realized that I forgot to write my name on the back of the photos. They have the stamps with the local where they were made and the date... but I really forgot to write my name.
I read here on this topic that someone had no problems with that, but at the same time, this is completely random.
Anyone else had any experience of this kind with friends to share?
I hope everything is going to be fine. I am really nervous and can't relax right now. When the law changes, I don't know how much more difficult it will be to get this citizenship.
The spreadsheet is a great idea and I will fill it with my data.
Thanks everybody!

Monkeelil

May 22, 2015
May applicant!!! Just sent my application 2 weeks ago! But I ran into some question about document #4 , education record.
I've sent in my report cards for high school, because my high school only give unofficial to student and would mail official to the institution. So I don't know how to obtain a photocopy of the official ones. ??? I attend Western University and I did request an official transcript for year 2014. But I opened it and sent in the photocopy one..... then I see people just mailing their whole envelope ??? ??? So confused..

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
russ007 said:
Hello,

Is it single or family application? If it's a single application I think they will accept it, however if it's family application then the agent won't know which photo belongs to which application and that's why they asked the applicant's name to be written at the back of the photo.

Good luck!
Thank you very much! It is a single application. Just me. I hope the agent will be in a good mood.

crul

May 22, 2015
I'm planning to send in my application before the month ends but I have a few questions that I was hoping somebody might answer:

1) For proof of language, I'm providing transcripts from my undergrad degree (graduated 2009) and for proof of education, I'm providing my graduate degree (in progress). For section 7A of the form:

- I am ticking the 2nd check box: "Diploma, certificate or transcript of a secondary or post-secondary education completed in English or French, in Canada or abroad"
- I am not ticking the 3rd check box: "Check this box if you are submitting a transcript(s) that is also to be used as proof of education"

Is this the correct approach for my situation?

2) Confirmation of Permanent Residence document (IMM 5292) - I was only given a carbon copy of this document when I landed at the border (not sure whether this is common practice). This was 3 years ago and the condition of the document has deteriorated over time. Some parts are smudged and hard to read, especially the ones filled in by hand. On the bright side, all the printed content is completely readable.

To deal with this situation, I am providing 4 photocopies of this document with varying darkness levels. Also, I am including a letter explaining what I've told you above and saying that I am simultaneously applying for a copy of this document via the Application for a Verification of Status IMM 5545 process.

I would just like to know what you guys think of this approach? Is this a good idea or would you recommend another approach? Do you think that I will have issues due to the condition of the document?

3) Section 9C - I don't reside in Quebec so I selected 'No' for the first question. However, I accidentally selected 'No' for the next question as well even though it doesn't apply due to my answer for the first question. Do you think this will be a problem or should I leave this 2nd question empty? I know it's a minor point but I don't want to take any chances.

4) Residence calculator - I have had two absences from Canada in the past 4 years. I'm getting the from and to dates for the absences section of the residence calculator from the stamps applied to my passport by the the country that I visited. Unfortunately, Canadian immigration did not apply any stamps either on departure or entry. So, my dates might be off by 1 day for each trip (total of 2 days). Having said that, I comfortably meet the minimum residency requirements. My basic residency days are around 1300 and my physical presence days are around 1280.

Will this 2 day discrepancy be a problem in my case?

5) Any of you that have submitted their applications, did you use staples and paper clips to organize your documents? I'm also planning to put my 2 photos in a zip lock bag so that they stay together. However, I vaguely remember in my PR application, they had specified that no staples or paper clips should be used. I haven't seen any such rule for citizenship applications so I'm wondering what I should do?

Sorry for the barrage of questions and good luck to everyone that has applied!

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All are correct. I did the same except #2, I didn't request for Verification Status. I know they only give carbon copy of those IMMs. #1 is right as proof of education should be only within 4yrs. And for #5, don't staple anything, use clips and/or post-it notes to separate the sections. #3 & #4 should be fine.

crul said:
I'm planning to send in my application before the month ends but I have a few questions that I was hoping somebody might answer:

1) For proof of language, I'm providing transcripts from my undergrad degree (graduated 2009) and for proof of education, I'm providing my graduate degree (in progress). For section 7A of the form:

- I am ticking the 2nd check box: "Diploma, certificate or transcript of a secondary or post-secondary education completed in English or French, in Canada or abroad"
- I am not ticking the 3rd check box: "Check this box if you are submitting a transcript(s) that is also to be used as proof of education"

Is this the correct approach for my situation?

2) Confirmation of Permanent Residence document (IMM 5292) - I was only given a carbon copy of this document when I landed at the border (not sure whether this is common practice). This was 3 years ago and the condition of the document has deteriorated over time. Some parts are smudged and hard to read, especially the ones filled in by hand. On the bright side, all the printed content is completely readable.

To deal with this situation, I am providing 4 photocopies of this document with varying darkness levels. Also, I am including a letter explaining what I've told you above and saying that I am simultaneously applying for a copy of this document via the Application for a Verification of Status IMM 5545 process.

I would just like to know what you guys think of this approach? Is this a good idea or would you recommend another approach? Do you think that I will have issues due to the condition of the document?

3) Section 9C - I don't reside in Quebec so I selected 'No' for the first question. However, I accidentally selected 'No' for the next question as well even though it doesn't apply due to my answer for the first question. Do you think this will be a problem or should I leave this 2nd question empty? I know it's a minor point but I don't want to take any chances.

4) Residence calculator - I have had two absences from Canada in the past 4 years. I'm getting the from and to dates for the absences section of the residence calculator from the stamps applied to my passport by the the country that I visited. Unfortunately, Canadian immigration did not apply any stamps either on departure or entry. So, my dates might be off by 1 day for each trip (total of 2 days). Having said that, I comfortably meet the minimum residency requirements. My basic residency days are around 1300 and my physical presence days are around 1280.

Will this 2 day discrepancy be a problem in my case?

5) Any of you that have submitted their applications, did you use staples and paper clips to organize your documents? I'm also planning to put my 2 photos in a zip lock bag so that they stay together. However, I vaguely remember in my PR application, they had specified that no staples or paper clips should be used. I haven't seen any such rule for citizenship applications so I'm wondering what I should do?

Sorry for the barrage of questions and good luck to everyone that has applied!

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
Monkeelil said:
May applicant!!! Just sent my application 2 weeks ago! But I ran into some question about document #4 , education record.
I've sent in my report cards for high school, because my high school only give unofficial to student and would mail official to the institution. So I don't know how to obtain a photocopy of the official ones. ??? I attend Western University and I did request an official transcript for year 2014. But I opened it and sent in the photocopy one..... then I see people just mailing their whole envelope ??? ??? So confused..
i didn't send any education record , only my IELTS COPY , for proof of english . that should be enough.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
For Q4 (residence calculator) exactly mention the date when you left canada and reentered canada, don't mention the dates when you reached other country.

Did you select "No" on 2nd part of 9c or you selected "No" on 9D?

Use paper clips to organize the documents. For the photos, put it in a paper envelope not zip lock plastic bag as the photo might get sticked to the plastic and can cause damage to the photos.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crul, I agree with sam about Q4, they don't usually stamp your passport here in Canada if you're PR, I have 3-4 missing stamps but I know when I left & re-entered Canada. Also it's good that you're way over the required residency.

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't understand why ppl here would send documents CIC doesn't ask for at this phase...
Just follow the checklist of page7 in the form,that is it....many of my friends here have successfully obtained citizenship, none of them send anything over the checklist.

The other thing is, the more you prepare, the more chance you are exposed to mistakes.
I read a post here yesterday, in which a guy sends a lot more fancy stuff and organized his package with a lot of post-it notes...which is far over the checklist. BUT,he forgot to print his name on the back of the photo, which is required by CIC... No offence here but, isn't that stupid?

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I won't say it's stupid. It's just better to separate each requirements from one another and a lot of people forget to write their name because it doesn't say on the checklist. Luckily it's a single application, won't really do him any harm much.

Munchenxx said:
Don't understand why ppl here would send documents CIC doesn't ask for at this phase...
Just follow the checklist of page7 in the form,that is it....many of my friends here have successfully obtained citizenship, none of them send anything over the checklist.

The other thing is, the more you prepare, the more chance you are exposed to mistakes.
I read a post here yesterday, in which a guy sends a lot more fancy stuff and organized his package with a lot of post-it notes...which is far over the checklist. BUT,he forgot to print his name on the back of the photo, which is required by CIC... No offence here but, isn't that stupid?

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
I've got a question for you guys. We are expecting a baby in October 2015 and I know he or she will be Canadian citizen. Does it say anywhere that we have to send CIC an update regarding this issue? I mean any change in your personal circumstances: addition to family, divorce etc?

dexter1975

May 17, 2015
Hello again guys! So i just finished my CELPIP TEST yesterday. Now i have to waitfor 8 business days for the score to come out. And while waiting i am filling up the application papers for citizenship and gathering the required data as well. I have some questions though, on Q3-c, it says there to list any other names used including name at birth.. Etc) it asks there to provide details: what does this exactly mean? What details should i write there?

Second question. For addresses in the past 4 years, do i have to include the time and the address i stayed in when i went for a vacation? I had a month vacation to the Philippines.

Thanks!!